Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years

According to the article, Reid immediately said that he did not know whether it was true that Romney had not paid (income) taxes for ten years.

For my part, I'm skeptical. I know very little about how taxes work for someone like Romney, but my understanding is that for him to pay zero taxes he would have to claim losses for that year. How could he claim losses not once but ten times during a time period when he was apparently dramatically increasing his net worth?

Does anyone honestly think that if the claim was true that the IRS wouldnt have thrown him in jail years ago?

You right wingers just don'[t get it. It is not a question of legal it is a question of ethics. Here we have this guy who is worth a quarter billion dollars, who professes to be this super patriot and he cannot bring himself to pay any taxes? Not even a lousy 10%?

This not only looks super bad, it IS super bad that one could be so self centered and selfish as to be bitching about poor people while he sits on this immense pile of wealth and does nothing?

You know what that is? Hypocrisy writ large. I don't think even the GOP could stomach that.

They really don't get it. They think that using your wealth to influence tax code is very American. I mean, what the hell you going to use your money for if not to help yourself and your friends.

But that's ok. Rich Dems do it to. Perfectly legal, just not very ethical IMO.

All Mittens has to do is release those returns. Show just how much he paid in taxes and how much money he earned.

Then we will all be in awe as to how he earned that much and paid that little in taxes.
And all the right winger wanna be rich people will vote for him. And the rest of us will say no. We'll take our chances with Obama. The rich guy we already know about.

Does anyone honestly think that if the claim was true that the IRS wouldnt have thrown him in jail years ago?

You right wingers just don'[t get it. It is not a question of legal it is a question of ethics. Here we have this guy who is worth a quarter billion dollars, who professes to be this super patriot and he cannot bring himself to pay any taxes? Not even a lousy 10%?

This not only looks super bad, it IS super bad that one could be so self centered and selfish as to be bitching about poor people while he sits on this immense pile of wealth and does nothing?

You know what that is? Hypocrisy writ large. I don't think even the GOP could stomach that.

He paid his taxes. If he hadn't, He would be in jail. I don't know how to dumb this down any further.

Something like 47% of people don't pay taxes

Is Mitt one of them?

They really don't get it. They think that using your wealth to influence tax code is very American. I mean, what the hell you going to use your money for if not to help yourself and your friends.

All Mittens has to do is release those returns. Show just how much he paid in taxes and how much money he earned.

Then we will all be in awe as to how he earned that much and paid that little in taxes.
And all the right winger wanna be rich people will vote for him. And the rest of us will say no. We'll take our chances with Obama. The rich guy we already know about.

lol, rich Democrats do it to and it's not very ethical, but Romney is the one who needs to release his tax returns?
he's already released them...too bad Obama doesn't have the same respect for the American people asking him to release his college transcripts

Last edited:
This part of the interview just is so over the line. Invoking Romney's deceased father on his attack on the Governor is unreal.

Dear heavens this man is a walking scumbucket.

Reid went on, “His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son,” referring to George Romney’s decision to release 12 years of tax returns during his run for president.

Over the Line | Washington Free Beacon

By Sam Stein and Ryan Grim

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Huffington Post from his office on Capitol Hill, Reid saved some of his toughest words for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the opaqueness of his personal finances.

More: Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

This from a guy, that won't let any bills passed by the House, voted on by Repubs and Dem's come up for a discussion or votes.
Who won't pass a budget and says the the cowboy poets society needs the people's tax dollars in order to exist, despite that the Leader of the Poet's Society says they can and would exist just fine without the Government hand out.
Not very believable, especially since Harry Reid himself says he does not have any real proof.
Another Dem trying to throw out some Political talking point, hoping it might stick. :eusa_hand:

Man, I'd be ashamed to have some of these people Representing me..

where's that list of nut jobs now?

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Huffington Post from his office on Capitol Hill, Reid saved some of his toughest words for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the opaqueness of his personal finances.

More: Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
Consavaderps said you are gay

Sounds like a cheap political stunt, pulled off by a Senator whose embodying the very worst in politics.

Of course, Governor Romney could put it all to rest by releasing the returns tomorrow.
He's playing a game and it sounds like his bluff is getting called.

As a gun nut commentator put it when the gentleman was iced going on to a fellow gun nut's lawn last week in Florida; "You play a stupid game, you win a stupid prize." When the Governor finally releases the returns, it will be because he has to and he will be damaged regardless of what the returns show.

EVIDENCE, hell Reid or Lahkoda don't need no stinking evidence...hearsay is good enough for them

this is your Democrat REPRESENTIVE people..

Funny I spoke to one of those investors 20 mins ago.
He said Romney sent the IRS a check for estimated taxes in the amount of
100 million dollars.He did that every year for the last ten years. :D

Ruh-Roh..

The "Bane" of politicians and gangsters alike..

US taxes.

:D

Well, when the hell is the IRS going to step in and arrest Romney. He's being called a felon and a tax evader.

Go for it Dems!!

Reid goes all "birther" on Romneytaxgate. lol

Harry Reid: This might not be true, but some Bain investor who I won’t name told me Romney didn’t pay income taxes for 10 years

Seems legit. :tongue:

Reidfiscalresp.jpg

Exit question via Philip Klein: “How would ‘a person who had invested with Bain Capital’ know about Romney’s personal tax returns anyway?”

Harry "King of Fiscal Responsibility" Reid tries to ride to the rescue and naturally falls off his horse. What a clown. What a maroon. What a nincompoop. (hat tip to Bugs Bunny)

lol, rich Democrats do it to and it's not very ethical, but Romney is the one who needs to release his tax returns?
he's already released them...too bad Obama doesn't have the same respect for the American people asking him to release his college transcripts

(chuckle)

I don't believe a word.
Romney should publish his tax returns to prove this is a lie. :D

I hope Romney never releases his tax returns. Someone needs to stand up to you OWS parasites and tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN MISERABLE LIVES! Seriously.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the left so predictable so laughable. When it is mentioned that 47 percent of the population pays no federal income tax the left, to a man, always responds that the poor pay taxes, such as state and sales tax. Of course that wasn't what was said but truth doesn't get in the way of the left. But now that they want to lie about Romney saying he pays not taxes seem fair to them. LOL

If Romney is suspected of doing something wrong with his tax returns
let the IRS investigate.Everything going on here is meant to smear the guy.
It's all hearsay and it's BS...

New Topics

Forum List

Back