Hardship Exemptions from ACH Mandate...Unreal!

Additional list of exemptions.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikepatton/2013/10/28/obamacare-penalties-and-exemptions/#3579cf5755aa
Ummm, the Mandate was repealed, there are no more fines.
Not for this filing year.

No, from 18 on. The hardship exemptions have always been in place so this isn't new.

It is new we neverhad a mandate before

And what's the OP crying about?

If you are here illegally or are a basic shit bag...you get a tax break. If you work hard and pay taxes...you don’t.

I have long term care and hospitalization coverage. Emergency room I pay out of pocket. Deductible is so high you will pay for it anyway. When the mandate came down I refused emergency insurance out of spite. Might look at adding it back to my plan again now that the federal government isn’t forcing me to do it. Spent 8 years saying :321: to Barry Sotoro. I paid the fine rather then do what that fucker said.

Finally, the mandate penalty repeal only applies as of 2019. Individuals remain responsible for having insurance or paying the penalty for the 2017 filing season and for 2018. The IRS has announced that it will reject electronic filings of taxes for 2017 that do not claim coverage or an exemption, or include a payment of the penalty. The repeal is being widely publicized, however, and there will undoubtedly be widespread confusion as to when it will be effective. It is likely that many people will fail to apply for coverage or drop or fail to effectuate coverage that they already have. The effect of the mandate repeal will undoubtedly be felt before it goes into effect.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20171220.323429/full/

No, from 18 on. The hardship exemptions have always been in place so this isn't new.
I used a self exemption for the last 8 years. Never paid the fine.
The exemptions and prompts were built into the software of all the tax prepare sites. Still can't believe anyone paid the fine.
There were about 8 exemptions with one worded " deemed rates unaffordable".
No matter now. Got great insurance through my wife's work recently.

I used a self exemption for the last 8 years. Never paid the fine.
The exemptions and prompts were built into the software of all the tax prepare sites. Still can't believe anyone paid the fine.
There were about 8 exemptions with one worded " deemed rates unaffordable".
No matter now. Got great insurance through my wife's work recently.
I did...out of protest.

Finally, the mandate penalty repeal only applies as of 2019. Individuals remain responsible for having insurance or paying the penalty for the 2017 filing season and for 2018. The IRS has announced that it will reject electronic filings of taxes for 2017 that do not claim coverage or an exemption, or include a payment of the penalty. The repeal is being widely publicized, however, and there will undoubtedly be widespread confusion as to when it will be effective. It is likely that many people will fail to apply for coverage or drop or fail to effectuate coverage that they already have. The effect of the mandate repeal will undoubtedly be felt before it goes into effect.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20171220.323429/full/
Communism l

We have an amazing BCBS Plan. In the last two years it has paid out about 230000 on me. Let me qualify this, it's of course a group plan.

Forum List

Back