Hardest partying sports stars of all time?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
Who were the hardest partying sports stars of all time?

Here's my short list:
  1. Babe Ruth
  2. Mickey Mantle
  3. Billy Martin
  4. Paul Hornung
  5. Dennis Rodman
  6. Denny McClain
  7. Ken Stabler
  8. Joe Namath
  9. Jack Johnson
  10. Jim McMahon

Who were the hardest partying sports stars of all time?

Here's my short list:
  1. Babe Ruth
  2. Mickey Mantle
  3. Billy Martin
  4. Paul Hornung
  5. Dennis Rodman
  6. Denny McClain
  7. Ken Stabler
  8. Joe Namath
  9. Jack Johnson
  10. Jim McMahon

The entire 1986 Mets team. Blow, Booze, and Bimbos.

My family came from Kirkland Lake.

All the hockey players from Northern Ontario partied hardy. My dad was one of them.

Imagine the days of "the six". They were paid so poor that my dad gave up hockey and became a truck driver to support my mother and me.

But I digress.

One Kirkland Lake reunion I remember very well. My dad knew their father. The Plager brothers.

This is the type of big time party where your own dad was sneaking you shots in your Orange Crush.
:lol:

So first hand I can say the Plager Brothers.

I've drank with Namouth and Czonka.

Czonka hands down.

I walked into a sports bar in Lauderdale and sat down outta the blinding sunshine with my pal Joey at the bar and when my eyes finally adjusted to the lack of light I noticed the guy next to me on my right was face down in this huge tumbler drink blowing bubbles. At first this scene was amusing but it went on for quite a while so I turned to Joey and he shrugeed his shoulders... the bartender was staying out of it... SOOoo.... HUGGY did what he thought was the part of the concerned citizen and grabbed the dude by the hair and fished him outta his gargantuan margaurita. Yup you guessed it..,. Yours truly had Larry Czonka, arguably the meanest running back in the history of the NFL, by the long hairs. Dudes !! The tequilla was just dripping off Lary's smiling face and all over the bar and I turned again to Joey who moved another stool to my left and just started howling laughing at my predicament.

Just then two human refergerators in tuxedoes came around the end of the bar and each one grabbed the former Dolphin under the armpit and picked him up off his barstool and outta my hairgrip and carried him out the door.

True story.

Namouth on the other hand paced himself better and just sipped his greyhounds in a bar on US 1 in North Miami. I actually got to talk to Joe for around half an hour before I had to leave and make my appointmnet.

Forum List

Back