Hands Up, Cop Still Shoots (video)

Let's see.... he has a gun raised above his been and a half dozen cops screaming for him to drop the gun and who knows what else. . . But the cops are (in your view) justified to shoot him even before he can make even the slightest move to comply. . .

Yeah, that makes sense.
. His choice to keep his gun was a huge mistake on his part. The cops may have had the profile from the profile run on him, and he may have had multiple charges/warrants on him, and he may have had gun charges on him as well, so they weren't taking any chances. Can't blame them if the guy had a rap sheet 10 miles long.

Serious question here. . .

Lets agree the dude that was killed was a walking pile of shit and in all likelihood was hellbent on suicide by cop.

Whatever it was that got him to the point where he was there, exiting the house with his hands in the air and a gun in one of them. Cops are screaming drop the gun and get on the ground. Then, we know what happens, they shoot him dead...

My question is this. . . At that moment where he is standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he possibly have done at that point to produce a different result? What could he possibly have done at that point. . . That he would still be alive?

Drop the gun?
When you call the cops to tell them you want to turn a gun over to them ...that isn't done on a 911 line. The man hadn't done anything wrong so why would he expect the responding officers to come to his door with weapons drawn and barking orders. That was a non emergecy situation that was mishandled by the dispatcher and the cops.
. Could be... Not for us to decide, but for the lawyers to decide after all facts are gathered completely.

Yeh...tell that to the victim's wife and 5 kids.

All it takes is one "harmonica" to get a hung jury if there is a criminal trial.
actually--FYI--I was called for jury duty where the lawyers even said, the only evidence was the cops' story and the suspect's story
the judge asked ''who could be fair to both sides?' I raised my hand and told him I would need more evidence than just a he-said she-said deal...I would not find the suspect guilty or believe the cops on just witnesses' stories
..I'm not such a bad-evil guy
the suspect was BLACK..one cop was white ..the other black
Your anecdote involves a live cop and a live citizen. Why would you think that your tale is analogous to a cop on trial for murder?
what makes you think I wouldn't be fair/just/etc?
because I state facts/truth?
you must think stating facts/truth is being hateful??!!??
BWHAHAHAHA...facts and truth are as foreign to you as loyalty to the union is to confederate flag wavers.
Liberals don't care about facts, in the Treyvon case.
Fact, NBC edited out of 911 tapes when the dispatcher asked what color the person was.
Fact, pictures of a much younger of Treyvon were used. They couldn't use the recent pictures of him, because it proved he was just a thug.
Fact, the media left out all of his violent actions and drug possession while in school.
Liberals had an agenda and nothing was going to stop your kind to push it through. Luckily we have the internet now to reveal your lying ways.
Hey stupid...this thread is not about Trayvon Martin. Its about an American citizen being gun downed just because he called the cops to turn a gun over to them. ..Damn you and all your bloodthirsty ilk...

BREAKING! Galindo called police because he wanted to turn the gun over to them. He wasn't an illegal alien.. This shooting was a tragedy... A rush to judgement...Damn.it...
Damn ...damn damn

"The wife of a man fatally shot by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police at his home Wednesday says her husband called 911 that night and asked for authorities to pick up a gun that he wanted to surrender."
A confusing 911 call led police to his Charlotte home. Now, this father of 5 is dead.
. Something still smells here, because why would police show up as if this guy was a very bad cat, unless he had priors, and was finally deciding to give up a career of violence maybe ?? Family smamily, even they might not know the guy's activities outside the home. Still could be suicide by cop. Who knows the motivation of the guy beyond what we know ? Only the lawyers can solve the case, but we won't solve it with knee jerk reactions, speculation, and conspiracy theories.
Damn it ..you've got the link...read the dang thang. This man was murdered unnecessarily because some trigger happy cop. was either misinformed or just as prejudiced as most of the posters here who immediately branded the victim as an tllegal alien with a. long list of crimes. The real tragedy is you haven't learned a damn thing from this needless loss of life.

. His choice to keep his gun was a huge mistake on his part. The cops may have had the profile from the profile run on him, and he may have had multiple charges/warrants on him, and he may have had gun charges on him as well, so they weren't taking any chances. Can't blame them if the guy had a rap sheet 10 miles long.

Lets agree the dude that was killed was a walking pile of shit and in all likelihood was hellbent on suicide by cop.

Whatever it was that got him to the point where he was there, exiting the house with his hands in the air and a gun in one of them. Cops are screaming drop the gun and get on the ground. Then, we know what happens, they shoot him dead...

My question is this. . . At that moment where he is standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he possibly have done at that point to produce a different result? What could he possibly have done at that point. . . That he would still be alive?

Drop the gun?
When you call the cops to tell them you want to turn a gun over to them ...that isn't done on a 911 line. The man hadn't done anything wrong so why would he expect the responding officers to come to his door with weapons drawn and barking orders. That was a non emergecy situation that was mishandled by the dispatcher and the cops.
. Could be... Not for us to decide, but for the lawyers to decide after all facts are gathered completely.

. Everyone has family, but does that fact make bad people less likely to be bad if they want to be ? I know a woman and kids whose dad committed suicide. He was a bad drug addict and pusher. It's actually better for them that he did what he did, because this way his bad didn't become their pain and suffering over the years. She has since remarried, and her kids have a great step dad now, and she has a great husband.

actually--FYI--I was called for jury duty where the lawyers even said, the only evidence was the cops' story and the suspect's story
the judge asked ''who could be fair to both sides?' I raised my hand and told him I would need more evidence than just a he-said she-said deal...I would not find the suspect guilty or believe the cops on just witnesses' stories
Your anecdote involves a live cop and a live citizen. Why would you think that your tale is analogous to a cop on trial for murder?
I know, watching the video. It looks like the cop was guilty, but all I've seen is the video. I have no idea what circumstances the reason the cop was there, what went on prior to the shooting. All I see are a bunch of liberals wanting the cop automatically prosecuted. After all the lying, editing 911 tapes. Reporting that Treyvon was such an innocent kid. I don't trust liberals to be fair and balanced.
. Michael Brown took the prize for liberal dishonesty at it's worst. It went from there to get 5 Dallas innocent cop's killed, and the BLM chanting in the street how they wanted pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon, and then comes Kaepernick etc. Pathetic.
Michael Brown's shooting might or might have been justified based on the conflicting
accounts of witnesses...including the black witnesses who recanted earlier testimony that favored Brown and two white construction workers..who also saw events that favored Brown but were never called to testify by the prosecutor. Given that data, I don't know WTF to believe.
. Just research Michael Brown on YouTube... If the videos are of him, then he was a bad cat.

BWHAHAHAHA...facts and truth are as foreign to you as loyalty to the union is to confederate flag wavers.
Liberals don't care about facts, in the Treyvon case.
Fact, NBC edited out of 911 tapes when the dispatcher asked what color the person was.
Fact, pictures of a much younger of Treyvon were used. They couldn't use the recent pictures of him, because it proved he was just a thug.
Fact, the media left out all of his violent actions and drug possession while in school.
Liberals had an agenda and nothing was going to stop your kind to push it through. Luckily we have the internet now to reveal your lying ways.
Hey stupid...this thread is not about Trayvon Martin. Its about an American citizen being gun downed just because he called the cops to turn a gun over to them. ..Damn you and all your bloodthirsty ilk...
Lol, I'm just pointing out the out right lies liberals will pull out. When you have an agenda. Now as I pointed out, looking at the video only. I'd say he is guilty, but I don't know all the facts, and after Treyvon I'm not sure we will.

BREAKING! Galindo called police because he wanted to turn the gun over to them. He wasn't an illegal alien.. This shooting was a tragedy... A rush to judgement...Damn.it...
Damn ...damn damn

"The wife of a man fatally shot by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police at his home Wednesday says her husband called 911 that night and asked for authorities to pick up a gun that he wanted to surrender."
A confusing 911 call led police to his Charlotte home. Now, this father of 5 is dead.
. Something still smells here, because why would police show up as if this guy was a very bad cat, unless he had priors, and was finally deciding to give up a career of violence maybe ?? Family smamily, even they might not know the guy's activities outside the home. Still could be suicide by cop. Who knows the motivation of the guy beyond what we know ? Only the lawyers can solve the case, but we won't solve it with knee jerk reactions, speculation, and conspiracy theories.
Damn it ..you've got the link...read the dang thang. This man was murdered unnecessarily because some trigger happy cop. was either misinformed or just as prejudiced as most of the posters here who immediately branded the victim as an tllegal alien with a. long list of crimes. The real tragedy is you haven't learned a damn thing from this needless loss of life.
. And you are operating with no bias here ? Come on man.

One thing leftist are good at, and it is knowing how to defend the indefensible if it means protecting the nest. We see it over and over again where up is suggested to be down and down is suggested by them to be up.

you really think the police have time to WAIT--for a Spanish speaker ---on a 911 call??
the 911 dispatcher tells the caller that's in danger ''you'll have to wait while I get someone who can speak Spanish'' ...???!!

He did speak to a Spanish interpreter on the 911 call.

Before CMPD shot, killed man, he told 911: ‘I don’t have bullets. I don’t have bullets.’
. I don't have bullet's, I don't have bullet's, I don't have bullet's, I don't have bullet's ???? Now why would someone call 9-11 to tell the cop's I have a gun to turn in, and then repeat that he didn't have bullet's multiple times on top of that according to your link provided ?? 9-11 ????? What was the emergency so about in turning in a gun if say you were a so called up standing family man "who just was walking down the road one day, and hey I think that's a gun over there in those bushes, so when I get home I'm gonna call - 9-11 to see if I can turn it in" ??? It's plausible if he is an illegal immigrant, and he doesn't know the protocol for doing such a thing, but someone in that family had to know how law enforcement works in the town in which the call was made to right ?? Not ruling anything out, but it will all come out in the wash eventually.

you really think the police have time to WAIT--for a Spanish speaker ---on a 911 call??
the 911 dispatcher tells the caller that's in danger ''you'll have to wait while I get someone who can speak Spanish'' ...???!!

Before CMPD shot, killed man, he told 911: ‘I don’t have bullets. I don’t have bullets.’
so?? so

so what?? did you not understand my point?
my point is, if someone is calling 911--if there is no Spanish speaker available--the cops should wait to respond until a Spanish speaker is available? what if the Spanish speaker is on vacation/sleeping/etc and it's a 911 call??? !!!????
and from your link:
'''In the recordings released by CMPD, a 911 dispatcher tells police that a Spanish-speaking man called 911 “saying he’s armed with a gun and wants officers to come help him. He refuses to give interpreters further information'''
SONOFABITCH!! this is another prime example of a justified shooting and people think it's not!!!
o yes, he calls for police and says he doesn't have rounds---sure !!!!!!! how freakin stupid!!
the police are supposed to believe that?? this guy is out of his mind

he REFUSES to give more information??? !!?? why not???

this is a prime example of the NUTS--with guns!!-- the cops have to deal with

The jury will not doubt be getting the "full story." I trust that they will do the right thing.
All it takes is one "harmonica" to get a hung jury if there is a criminal trial.
you seem to be hurt when I stat FACTS on black crime/murders/etc
please show me which statistics I mentioned that were not true

so?? so

my point is, if someone is calling 911--if there is no Spanish speaker available--the cops should wait to respond until a Spanish speaker is available? what if the Spanish speaker is on vacation/sleeping/etc and it's a 911 call??? !!!????
and from your link:
'''In the recordings released by CMPD, a 911 dispatcher tells police that a Spanish-speaking man called 911 “saying he’s armed with a gun and wants officers to come help him. He refuses to give interpreters further information'''
SONOFABITCH!! this is another prime example of a justified shooting and people think it's not!!!
o yes, he calls for police and says he doesn't have rounds---sure !!!!!!! how freakin stupid!!

. Firefighters got the call to go out as first responders, but were subjected to gun fire in doing so..

so?? so

and from your link:

. Firefighters got the call to go out as first responders, but were subjected to gun fire in doing so..

we had that happen here..it was an ambush..they were called for a fire ....

so?? so

and from your link:

we had that happen here..it was an ambush..they were called for a fire ....
. And people wonder why the cops stay on edge. Hey maybe if groups would look within themselves instead of looking outwardly for someone to blame after the fact, and they were proactive at stopping their own from making them look like pure idiots over time, these things may begin to subside. No one better than law enforcement to wish that they could go to work in a harmonious peace loving society.

Guns are available, police are paranoid...they don't know what to expect.
Other countries, no guns....officers at worst they pepper spray the guy handcuff him and it's over. Again that's in civilised societies and poor countries alike not here.

No. In another country they would just shoot him dead and get back in their patrol cars and drive off.
Only in the US...othrt countries treat their citizens with dignity. Lived in one for 23 the police never used their guns and I say NEVER. Enjoy your guns!!!

Guns are available, police are paranoid...they don't know what to expect.
Other countries, no guns....officers at worst they pepper spray the guy handcuff him and it's over. Again that's in civilised societies and poor countries alike not here.

No. In another country they would just shoot him dead and get back in their patrol cars and drive off.
Only in the US...othrt countries treat their citizens with dignity. Lived in one for 23 the police never used their guns and I say NEVER. Enjoy your guns!!!

We do, thanks!!!

America is nuts with it's love foe guns, just nuts.

No, sorry, we are just CITIZENS rather than SUBJECTS. Citizens have rights. Subjects have none.
Right to guns that kills thousands? That enables anyone at any given moment to take dozens of people? I'm glad other countries are too wise to follow suit. Stupidest right ever.

You're a misinformed idiot. Please pick a topic you at least know SOMETHING about! So you come from a country that had no guns! How does that make you an expert then? For every death caused by guns there are another 10 to 100 lives saved by them that the media doesn't report! That doesn't sell advertisement. Look at the two charts I sent you. If our gun crimes seem high, it is only because we have so many people; third highest population in the world.

View attachment 153216

When you consider the number of guns we have, we have by far the most guns per capita while having one of the lowest murder rates by capita, which blows all of the anti-gun bullshit out of the water.
Naaah yoo many deaths, and too many mass shootings.
People get fired they pick a gun and shoot their coworkers in other countries they fist fight.
Road rage pick a gun and shoot, other countries fist fight it.
Hates black walk to a church and shoot as many as you can, other countries well they just don't have separate churches for different colors.
Mad a politician go to their baseball game and shoot them, other countries they used rotten eggs or a cake.
Pissed at the wife or girlfriend shoot her and the kids and kill yourself...othrr countries they use the option of diverse and part ways.
Feel like a joker? Pick a gun and shoot everyone in the theatre, other countries they spray everyone with water and run.

Dude dude dude. Gun availability empowers the sick and the weak to harm and create chaos.

Drop the gun?

. Everyone has family, but does that fact make bad people less likely to be bad if they want to be ? I know a woman and kids whose dad committed suicide. He was a bad drug addict and pusher. It's actually better for them that he did what he did, because this way his bad didn't become their pain and suffering over the years. She has since remarried, and her kids have a great step dad now, and she has a great husband.
How do you know Galindo (the victim) was a bad guy? If he called the cops to turn in a gun he couldn't have been all that bad. The worst he could have been was an ex bad guy. Bottom line...I would bet Trump's hairpiece that a non- emergency call was turned into an emergency by a dispatcher who heard the word "gun"and put his or her spin on it.

Forum List

Back