Hands Up, Cop Still Shoots (video)

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
This one don't look good

Newly released video of the September police shooting of Rueben Galindo shows the Charlotte man exiting his apartment with his hands raised above his head seconds before officers fatally shot him.

Between three and four seconds appear to elapse from when Galindo appears at his doorway, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers begin to shout orders for him to drop his gun and to put it down, and a series of gunshots ring out, the videos show. The 29-year-old then slumps to the ground outside his northeast Charlotte apartment.

While police Chief Kerr Putney continued to defend his officer’s decisions to shoot Galindo, an expert in police shootings who viewed the videos at the request of the Observer, called the footage “troubling,” and said that Galindo appeared to be trying to comply with two separate police orders when he was shot.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

But we had hero cops in Las Vegas since then. Don't those heros wipe out his one little murder? After all, the video had just one dead guy, and Vegas had a lot.

This one don't look good

Newly released video of the September police shooting of Rueben Galindo shows the Charlotte man exiting his apartment with his hands raised above his head seconds before officers fatally shot him.

Between three and four seconds appear to elapse from when Galindo appears at his doorway, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers begin to shout orders for him to drop his gun and to put it down, and a series of gunshots ring out, the videos show. The 29-year-old then slumps to the ground outside his northeast Charlotte apartment.

While police Chief Kerr Putney continued to defend his officer’s decisions to shoot Galindo, an expert in police shootings who viewed the videos at the request of the Observer, called the footage “troubling,” and said that Galindo appeared to be trying to comply with two separate police orders when he was shot.

. Let me ask this question... Did this guy not understand English ?? All he had to do was obey the cops demands. What kind of weapon was that ?? A semi-automatic assalt weapon ?? Just obey the officers immediately people. How dam hard can it be ???

Should an officer allow a person to hold onto their weapon while hands are raised ? Don't think so. I mean do people realize that the weapon can be brought back into play immediately ??

I think the world is a better place without this guy

Dear Badguys, drop the weapon before exposing yourself to police who have guns drawn...
And if anyone is fool enough to exit with a weapon in hand, then I think the cops orders should be obeyed immediately. How many times have we seen Hollywood depictions of acters instantly dropping their weapon in a script when ordered by the officer to do so ?? I mean it's instant, no hesitation what so ever. Seems as if Hollywood script writers knew how to write scripts based on reality situations, but for some reasons those lessons have been lost over time. Are we as a society that are just becoming dumb aces over time or what ??

You would think this illegal would know better since guns are illegal in mexico

This one don't look good

My first impression..
1st degree MURDER.
Caught on tape.

It was stupid of him to walk outside with a gun in his hand in the first place. I'm not saying I justify what the cops did. But all you people that think they are guilty. You need to be put in the same position as the cops before you start with your holier than thou attitude.

Forum List

Back