Hands Up, Cop Still Shoots (video)

America is nuts with it's love foe guns, just nuts.

No, sorry, we are just CITIZENS rather than SUBJECTS. Citizens have rights. Subjects have none.
Right to guns that kills thousands? That enables anyone at any given moment to take dozens of people? I'm glad other countries are too wise to follow suit. Stupidest right ever.

he had his hands up

With a gun in one of them. He didn't comply with very clear orders to 'drop the gun'.

But, if you want to drop to your knee over this, please be my guest.

You are correct. The fact that his hands were in the air is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that he was holding a gun which he refused to drop after multiple orders to do so. Apparently other posters don't realize how quickly a hand can drop and pop off a round at the policeman. If the man had dropped the gun he could have done anything with his hands – put them in the air, put them by his side, waived them, done jumping jacks – and he would still be alive. It's not about where his hands were; it's all about the gun.

The legal standard for the police regarding the use of deadly force is rather simple. Deadly force is allowed when – at the time such force is used – the officer reasonably believed it was necessary to protect himself or innocent third parties from death or serious bodily injury. A man with a gun in his hand when confronted by police is a threat to the policeman's life.

(Note: The police can also use deadly force to effect the arrest or prevent the escape of a dangerous felon, described as someone who has either inflicted or threatened to inflict death or serious bodily injury.)

I don't expect that criminal charges will be filed against the officer.

No, sorry, we are just CITIZENS rather than SUBJECTS. Citizens have rights. Subjects have none.
Right to guns that kills thousands? That enables anyone at any given moment to take dozens of people? I'm glad other countries are too wise to follow suit. Stupidest right ever.

You're a misinformed idiot. Please pick a topic you at least know SOMETHING about! So you come from a country that had no guns! How does that make you an expert then? For every death caused by guns there are another 10 to 100 lives saved by them that the media doesn't report! That doesn't sell advertisement. Look at the two charts I sent you. If our gun crimes seem high, it is only because we have so many people; third highest population in the world.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 1.29.42 AM.png

When you consider the number of guns we have, we have by far the most guns per capita while having one of the lowest murder rates by capita, which blows all of the anti-gun bullshit out of the water.

he had his hands up

With a gun in one of them. He didn't comply with very clear orders to 'drop the gun'.

You are correct. The fact that his hands were in the air is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that he was holding a gun which he refused to drop after multiple orders to do so. Apparently other posters don't realize how quickly a hand can drop and pop off a round at the policeman. If the man had dropped the gun he could have done anything with his hands – put them in the air, put them by his side, waived them, done jumping jacks – and he would still be alive. It's not about where his hands were; it's all about the gun.

The legal standard for the police regarding the use of deadly force is rather simple. Deadly force is allowed when – at the time such force is used – the officer reasonably believed it was necessary to protect himself or innocent third parties from death or serious bodily injury. A man with a gun in his hand when confronted by police is a threat to the policeman's life.

(Note: The police can also use deadly force to effect the arrest or prevent the escape of a dangerous felon, described as someone who has either inflicted or threatened to inflict death or serious bodily injury.)

Where do all of you see a gun? You just know it from a news story? I've watch the video on a 27 inch monitor and cannot see a gun. If the guy had a gun he was an idiot. If you plan on shooting it out, you were much better off staying inside rather than coming out in full view.

You're a misinformed idiot. Please pick a topic you at least know SOMETHING about! So you come from a country that had no guns! How does that make you an expert then? For every death caused by guns there are another 10 to 100 lives saved by them that the media doesn't report! That doesn't sell advertisement. Look at the two charts I sent you. If our gun crimes seem high, it is only because we have so many people; third highest population in the world.

View attachment 153216

When you consider the number of guns we have, we have by far the most guns per capita while having one of the lowest murder rates by capita, which blows all of the anti-gun bullshit out of the water.
Naaah yoo many deaths, and too many mass shootings.
People get fired they pick a gun and shoot their coworkers in other countries they fist fight.
Road rage pick a gun and shoot, other countries fist fight it.
Hates black walk to a church and shoot as many as you can, other countries well they just don't have separate churches for different colors.
Mad a politician go to their baseball game and shoot them, other countries they used rotten eggs or a cake.
Pissed at the wife or girlfriend shoot her and the kids and kill yourself...othrr countries they use the option of diverse and part ways.
Feel like a joker? Pick a gun and shoot everyone in the theatre, other countries they spray everyone with water and run.

Dude dude dude. Gun availability empowers the sick and the weak to harm and create chaos.

They (the cops) already had their guns on him. . .

Even if he tried to "drop his hands and shoot them in the face," the cops still had the advantage.

Which cop are you talking about? The one that could've got shot?

Did you not watch the video?

He was shot before he lowered his hands. Wasn't he?

How can you not discern from that fact that the cops must have had their guns trained on his stupid ass for some time before they started shooting?

They don't know what's going through the criminal mind.

I see.... so that makes it fine with you to shoot first before he even tries anything.

Got it.

So one cop should've been shot first? Like I said we don't know the details. I will remain neutral till then.

I don't give a fuck how super human fast you think you are. If you have a gun in your hand and 3 -5 cops have THEIR guns pointed at your center mass. . . You are not going to be fast enough to hit ANY of them without first pointing your gun at one of them. . . . which the mother fucker never had a chance to do.

Geeezus Chriest, this is not rocket surgery.
. Which he never had a chance to do eh ?? So you think they should have gave him a sporting chance to get at least one round off before he fell ?? Is that your beef in this whole thing ??

Let's see.... he has a gun raised above his been and a half dozen cops screaming for him to drop the gun and who knows what else. . . But the cops are (in your view) justified to shoot him even before he can make even the slightest move to comply. . .

Yeah, that makes sense.
. His choice to keep his gun was a huge mistake on his part. The cops may have had the profile from the profile run on him, and he may have had multiple charges/warrants on him, and he may have had gun charges on him as well, so they weren't taking any chances. Can't blame them if the guy had a rap sheet 10 miles long.

Serious question here. . .

Lets agree the dude that was killed was a walking pile of shit and in all likelihood was hellbent on suicide by cop.

Whatever it was that got him to the point where he was there, exiting the house with his hands in the air and a gun in one of them. Cops are screaming drop the gun and get on the ground. Then, we know what happens, they shoot him dead...

My question is this. . . At that moment where he is standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he possibly have done at that point to produce a different result? What could he possibly have done at that point. . . That he would still be alive?

he had his hands up

Where do all of you see a gun? You just know it from a news story? I've watch the video on a 27 inch monitor and cannot see a gun. If the guy had a gun he was an idiot. If you plan on shooting it out, you were much better off staying inside rather than coming out in full view.

I saw it in the video.

exiting house with police outside--HOLDING A GUN
not smart....so it's the cops' fault he's stupid/could be a threat?
all the cop haters/etc would do it differently
they would not draw their weapons..they would talk nicey nicey and everyone would love each other...
the suspect would IMMEDIATELY obey Mr Nicey cop
Mr Nicey Cop would never be shot/attacked by a criminal --he would never be attacked because he talks nice without a weapon

Fast and Flurrious

That's why snowflakes get plowed.

Which cop are you talking about? The one that could've got shot?

Did you not watch the video?

He was shot before he lowered his hands. Wasn't he?

How can you not discern from that fact that the cops must have had their guns trained on his stupid ass for some time before they started shooting?

They don't know what's going through the criminal mind.

I see.... so that makes it fine with you to shoot first before he even tries anything.

Got it.

So one cop should've been shot first? Like I said we don't know the details. I will remain neutral till then.

I don't give a fuck how super human fast you think you are. If you have a gun in your hand and 3 -5 cops have THEIR guns pointed at your center mass. . . You are not going to be fast enough to hit ANY of them without first pointing your gun at one of them. . . . which the mother fucker never had a chance to do.

Geeezus Chriest, this is not rocket surgery.
. Which he never had a chance to do eh ?? So you think they should have gave him a sporting chance to get at least one round off before he fell ?? Is that your beef in this whole thing ??

Let's see.... he has a gun raised above his been and a half dozen cops screaming for him to drop the gun and who knows what else. . . But the cops are (in your view) justified to shoot him even before he can make even the slightest move to comply. . .

Yeah, that makes sense.
. His choice to keep his gun was a huge mistake on his part. The cops may have had the profile from the profile run on him, and he may have had multiple charges/warrants on him, and he may have had gun charges on him as well, so they weren't taking any chances. Can't blame them if the guy had a rap sheet 10 miles long.

Serious question here. . .

Lets agree the dude that was killed was a walking pile of shit and in all likelihood was hellbent on suicide by cop.

Whatever it was that got him to the point where he was there, exiting the house with his hands in the air and a gun in one of them. Cops are screaming drop the gun and get on the ground. Then, we know what happens, they shoot him dead...

My question is this. . . At that moment where he is standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he possibly have done at that point to produce a different result? What could he possibly have done at that point. . . That he would still be alive?
Ok, if he was hell bent on suicide by cop NOTHING. If he wanted to live he would have opened the door very slowly in a scrouched down position, and pushed the gun out sliding it on the ground in a gesture of non agression or to show the officers (whom undoubtedly figured by the computer profile run, that they were dealing with a dangerous individual),and this he would do in so that the gun would be of no threat to them by such a move. Then he could have emerged with his hands behind his head or in the air to show capitulation in the situation. If they would have opened fire on him after that, then it would have been dead wrong on the cop's part to shoot down a surrendering man. It must be that the situation has far more to it than we know about, otherwise in order for the officers to be in that kind of hightened alert mode.

Last edited:
it is illegal for an illegal to have a gun period
Says who?

the law stupid

obviously you have never filled out a 4473 have you dunce

Under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, you cannot have a gun for personal or business use if you:

1. Were convicted of a crime punishable by being in prison for more than one year;
2. Are a fugitive from justice;
3. Are addicted to, or illegally use, any controlled substance;
4. Have been ruled mentally defective by a court, or are committed to a mental institution;
5. Are an illegal alien living in the United States unlawfully;
6. Received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces;
7. Renounced your U.S. citizenship, if you are a U.S. citizen;
8. Are subject to a court restraining order that involves your 'intimate partner,' your partner's child, or children; or
9. Were convicted of domestic violence in any court of a misdemeanor.

Not according to our Constitution. Subjects are innocent citizens until proven guilty in a court of law...not by wannabe street judges with a gun and a badge.
If gun is in hand, then in most cases all bets are off. You do have law officers that will work more with people (with gun in hand), to take the individual alive, but that is a choice made by those officers in which they usually make within their descretion, but it all depends on the circumstances in which in many cases are only learned about later in the court cases or courts of law in the aftermath.

Not according to our Constitution. Subjects are innocent citizens until proven guilty in a court of law...not by wannabe street judges with a gun and a badge.
If gun is in hand, then in most cases all bets are off. You do have law officers that will work more with people (with gun in hand), to take the individual alive, but that is a choice made by those officers in which they usually make within their descretion, but it all depends on the circumstances in which in many cases are only learned about later in the court cases or courts of law in the aftermath.

it is a horrible position a cop has to be put it

it is illegal for an illegal to have a gun period
Says who?

the law stupid

obviously you have never filled out a 4473 have you dunce

Under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, you cannot have a gun for personal or business use if you:

1. Were convicted of a crime punishable by being in prison for more than one year;
2. Are a fugitive from justice;
3. Are addicted to, or illegally use, any controlled substance;
4. Have been ruled mentally defective by a court, or are committed to a mental institution;
5. Are an illegal alien living in the United States unlawfully;
6. Received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces;
7. Renounced your U.S. citizenship, if you are a U.S. citizen;
8. Are subject to a court restraining order that involves your 'intimate partner,' your partner's child, or children; or
9. Were convicted of domestic violence in any court of a misdemeanor.
Thanks...I did not know that.

Now that I've had a chance to digest the chain events in the video I don't see evidence that the guy was ever inside of the building. It looks as if he was trying to gain entrance while the people inside called the police. The cops arrived and confronted the man at the door... Suprised by several voices behind him, one shouting raise your hands and another shouting drop the gun, he turned, visually processed the voice commands as those of cops and raised his hands; allegedly while holding an object. He was then aborted amidst the glee and cheers from the pro life crowd viewing the video.

What led up to this confrontation?

He was drunk, illegal alien, spoke no English, wanted for "gun crimes", holding his family hostage, and did not want to be deported

I can't see any gun in his hand. If they knew he spoke no english, they should have had a Spanish speaking or whatever person there. In this case the guy's arms were up, he appeared compliant, he made no threatening, sudden or suspicious moves that I saw, and I saw no danger the police were in. He was in the open and they were under cover. So why were they shooting? They should have had one or two cops up close safely under cover to speak to and arrest him and another cop far back out of sight in the darkness with a rifle trained on him.
you really think the police have time to WAIT--for a Spanish speaker ---on a 911 call??
the 911 dispatcher tells the caller that's in danger ''you'll have to wait while I get someone who can speak Spanish'' ...???!!

Forum List

Back