'Hamas manufactured rockets meant to target Knesset'

Hollie,

You keep changing the subject.

The comment I replied to was one in which you very inaccurately called Palestinians thieves and beggars. You still have presented no evidence whatsoever to support your name calling. Why do you hate them so much? What did they do to you?

Now, you are making some allegation about corruption in the use of funds. You really need to provide a link, I have no idea whatsoever what money you are claiming has been misspent by some unnamed Palestinian elected officials. And I really do not want to discuss some really old news, like what Arafat, who may himself have been murdered by Israel, did or did not do a decade ago.

I am sorry to see a human being like you defend Israel's attempts to starve to death these millions of Palestinians who are enslaved within the Occupied Palestinain Territories, all just trying to live in the lands they were born in, just normal people trying to live and raise their kids and have a life.

Reliefweb has daily articles reporting on the humanitarian crisis Israel has created by her unholy and unlawful Occupation of Palestine.

Sherri
You continue to sidestep and evade. You are in denial of pal/arab thievery and incompetence yet you insist on blaming others for starving pal/Arab squatters.

I'm afraid your tactics of denial and evasion are typical of those for islamist terrorist apologists and for the left of left. You're hoping to selectively limit accountability for mismanagement and thievery that has defined the pal/Arab welfare fraud entitlement.

FrontPage Magazine - In Arafat's Footsteps

The reform of the financial mismanagement of the PA is not fairing much better, despite years of demands for reform by the US and the EU. According to James Wolfensohn, the outgoing World Bank chief and the special envoy of the Quartet, the “Financial management within the Palestinian Authority…needs to demonstrate…security of management and…prudence of management and…transparency in expenditures…” But if the past is any indication, do not expect that the donors will stop financing the PA. Only last month, former commissioner Christopher Patten’s assistant Emma Unwin disclosed that “when we started giving direct budgetary assistance at the end of 2002 [after the start of the Intifada], we were dealing with a Palestinian Authority that had a very untransparent system of financial management.” This, however, did not prevent them from giving the PA’s “untransparent system” more than $2.5 billion of European taxpayers’ money, which in turn enabled the Palestinians to continue with their Intifada.

Observing the situation, one cannot escape the conclusion that we have seen and heard all this before. The only difference is that then it was Arafat and now it is Mahmoud Abbas that is giving us the run-around; and like the world did with Arafat before, it is giving Abbas a leeway, hoping that he, unlike Arafat, will fulfill his promises. But, judging by Abbas’ performance thus far, one should have little doubt that Abbas is nothing more than Arafat’s clone, only better spoken and better dressed.

Hollie,

I am not evading anything, but you have to provide something substatntive to respond to, which you did not do until this post.

There are no Palestinian squatters. Why do you persist in this baseless name calling? Why do you hate them so much? And you are fascinated with squatters. Are you one of those squatter Jewish extremist nutcases living in the West Bank? Is that what this fascination is all about that you have over squatters? Maybe, you were a student of extremist nutcase illegal settlers like Ruth Fogel, who teach or have taught their children to hate from the day they come out of their mother's wombs. Well, I expect you will not address any of this.

OK, so your allegation is about corruption in the PA, what I think is the PA needs to be dissolved, there is noone in power in the PA presently with legitimacy, for one thing. Anyone elected in any position, their terms have expired. The PA gets funds from the US and in exchange they are to a great extent US puppets. There is even a US General, General Dayton, over there with the PA torturing Palestinians in jails, I expect. They do not act for the Palestinian people. They are Occupation tools, they keep the Occupation alive for Israel and the US. You are always hearing about Israel enterning lands they are supposed to exclusively control and stealing, injuring, kidnapping or killing in their daily terrorism they carry out against the Palestinian population.

And none of this addresses the fact that under international law an Occupier owes an obligation to the civilian population whose lands they occupy, to ensure their basic needs are met. It should be Isreal financially taking care of the Palestinians, it is Israel who carries out Apartheid and a 45+ year long endless Occupation that maims and injures and kills civilians on a daily basis, over 1000 children killed since the onset of the First Intifada alone.

Israel needs to leave the OPT, remove every single one of those illegal extremist settler nutcases, all 500,000+ of them, and leave the land to the people with the right to form a state there under the UN Partition Plan, the Palestinian indigenous peoples. The only Jews with any rights to stay would be Jews who owned land there in 1947. We have an International Court of Justice Opinion already, from 2004, it clearly finds the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza are occupied. Israel has zero sovereignty rights in that land, she has sovereignty rights in none of the land, except, as I mentioned, for Jews who had land ownership in 1947. They have rights in that land they owned then. This scenario is what would happen if Israel abided by her obligations under intl law, anyway. The one state option is a little messier, because there is not a clear framework for it under UN Resolutions, resolutions have been enacted for years anticipating a two state solution, but any outcome that gives all in the land their rights of self determination should ultimately be acceptable as meeting the general requirements of intl law.

Apartheid and continued Occupation are going to lead to Israel's destruction, I think, the writing is on the wall, it is only a mattter of time.

Sherri
That was a long exercise in making excuses for incompetence and thievery.

Al-Ahram Weekly | Region | Begging for help, but for how long?

The crisis stems from direct and indirect causes. Some of the direct causes have to do with the failure of mainly Arab donors to honour their pledges to the PA, which is nearly completely dependent on foreign funding.

The PA has been living on a tight budget, the lion's share of which goes to paying salaries to its as many as 160,000 civil servants and public employees.

Last week, PA President Mahmoud Abbas implored the Arab states to "save us from going under." The current crisis was a very real one, he said, adding that his government in Ramallah had been unable to pay salaries and meet its urgent financial obligations.

Some Arab states have been dawdling in paying their pledged financial assistance to the PA, complaining about the corruption and financial mismanagement in the self-rule authority. Others, like Kuwait, are fed up with the PA's seeming inability to wean itself off foreign assistance.

Another key factor contributing to the recurrent financial problems besetting the PA stems from the bloated security establishment that devours a huge chunk of the Palestinian budget.

The PA has as many as 80,000 security personnel on its payroll. The bloated force, built on instructions from western donor countries, particularly the United States, consumes as much as $50 million per year

Hollie,

The comment I replied to was one in which you very inaccurately called Palestinians thieves and beggars. You still have presented no evidence whatsoever to support your name calling. Why do you hate them so much? What did they do to you?

Now, you are making some allegation about corruption in the use of funds. You really need to provide a link, I have no idea whatsoever what money you are claiming has been misspent by some unnamed Palestinian elected officials. And I really do not want to discuss some really old news, like what Arafat, who may himself have been murdered by Israel, did or did not do a decade ago.

I am sorry to see a human being like you defend Israel's attempts to starve to death these millions of Palestinians who are enslaved within the Occupied Palestinain Territories, all just trying to live in the lands they were born in, just normal people trying to live and raise their kids and have a life.

Reliefweb has daily articles reporting on the humanitarian crisis Israel has created by her unholy and unlawful Occupation of Palestine.

Sherri
You continue to sidestep and evade. You are in denial of pal/arab thievery and incompetence yet you insist on blaming others for starving pal/Arab squatters.

I'm afraid your tactics of denial and evasion are typical of those for islamist terrorist apologists and for the left of left. You're hoping to selectively limit accountability for mismanagement and thievery that has defined the pal/Arab welfare fraud entitlement.

The reform of the financial mismanagement of the PA is not fairing much better, despite years of demands for reform by the US and the EU. According to James Wolfensohn, the outgoing World Bank chief and the special envoy of the Quartet, the “Financial management within the Palestinian Authority…needs to demonstrate…security of management and…prudence of management and…transparency in expenditures…” But if the past is any indication, do not expect that the donors will stop financing the PA. Only last month, former commissioner Christopher Patten’s assistant Emma Unwin disclosed that “when we started giving direct budgetary assistance at the end of 2002 [after the start of the Intifada], we were dealing with a Palestinian Authority that had a very untransparent system of financial management.” This, however, did not prevent them from giving the PA’s “untransparent system” more than $2.5 billion of European taxpayers’ money, which in turn enabled the Palestinians to continue with their Intifada.

Observing the situation, one cannot escape the conclusion that we have seen and heard all this before. The only difference is that then it was Arafat and now it is Mahmoud Abbas that is giving us the run-around; and like the world did with Arafat before, it is giving Abbas a leeway, hoping that he, unlike Arafat, will fulfill his promises. But, judging by Abbas’ performance thus far, one should have little doubt that Abbas is nothing more than Arafat’s clone, only better spoken and better dressed.

Hollie,

I am not evading anything, but you have to provide something substatntive to respond to, which you did not do until this post.

There are no Palestinian squatters. Why do you persist in this baseless name calling? Why do you hate them so much? And you are fascinated with squatters. Are you one of those squatter Jewish extremist nutcases living in the West Bank? Is that what this fascination is all about that you have over squatters? Maybe, you were a student of extremist nutcase illegal settlers like Ruth Fogel, who teach or have taught their children to hate from the day they come out of their mother's wombs. Well, I expect you will not address any of this.

OK, so your allegation is about corruption in the PA, what I think is the PA needs to be dissolved, there is noone in power in the PA presently with legitimacy, for one thing. Anyone elected in any position, their terms have expired. The PA gets funds from the US and in exchange they are to a great extent US puppets. There is even a US General, General Dayton, over there with the PA torturing Palestinians in jails, I expect. They do not act for the Palestinian people. They are Occupation tools, they keep the Occupation alive for Israel and the US. You are always hearing about Israel enterning lands they are supposed to exclusively control and stealing, injuring, kidnapping or killing in their daily terrorism they carry out against the Palestinian population.

And none of this addresses the fact that under international law an Occupier owes an obligation to the civilian population whose lands they occupy, to ensure their basic needs are met. It should be Isreal financially taking care of the Palestinians, it is Israel who carries out Apartheid and a 45+ year long endless Occupation that maims and injures and kills civilians on a daily basis, over 1000 children killed since the onset of the First Intifada alone.

Israel needs to leave the OPT, remove every single one of those illegal extremist settler nutcases, all 500,000+ of them, and leave the land to the people with the right to form a state there under the UN Partition Plan, the Palestinian indigenous peoples. The only Jews with any rights to stay would be Jews who owned land there in 1947. We have an International Court of Justice Opinion already, from 2004, it clearly finds the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza are occupied. Israel has zero sovereignty rights in that land, she has sovereignty rights in none of the land, except, as I mentioned, for Jews who had land ownership in 1947. They have rights in that land they owned then. This scenario is what would happen if Israel abided by her obligations under intl law, anyway. The one state option is a little messier, because there is not a clear framework for it under UN Resolutions, resolutions have been enacted for years anticipating a two state solution, but any outcome that gives all in the land their rights of self determination should ultimately be acceptable as meeting the general requirements of intl law.

Apartheid and continued Occupation are going to lead to Israel's destruction, I think, the writing is on the wall, it is only a mattter of time.

Sherri
You really have to laugh at Sherri calling someone a nutcase when she actually could be described as such with her obsessions. I am willing to bet that Sherri doesn't give a minute's thought to what her Muslim buddies are doing to innocent people, not only in the Middle East, but Southeast Asia and Africa. Now since she is asking a poster about his background, I guess we also have the same privilege of asking her about hers. Has your Muslim husband from Iran brainwashed you, or were you raised by a family of anti-Semites?

jt2

I'm sorry for you that placing blame on others for corruption, thievery and incompetence on the part of the Islamic terrorists elected to manage the Palestinians is your primary goal.

If Palestinians are starving, we might consider demanding an accounting of where billions of dollars of welfare money showered on the Palestinian beggars and squatters has been spent. Do you think it's odd that luxury malls are springing up on land occupied by the pal/Arab squatters when, as you claim, these squatters are going hungry? Do you believe that it is up to the international community to continue to shower these people with more welfare money that will only be squandered?

I'm afraid your frantic Jew hatred has clouded any ability to reach meaningful conclusions.

Hollie,

Sherri

Abbas left the government in June of 2007.

Money to him (and Fayyad) is not money to the Palestinians.

Where did you get those opinions?

Mostly from you, that is what you have made me understand.

Havn't you said before that accepting Israel's right of existence equals "accepting the rights of the Jews to occupy all of Palestine"?

All of Palestine, as in Tel Aviv and Hertzliya?

OK, so why are those places inside Palestine's borders but not inside Israel's borders?

WHAT? LOL. Tel Aviv and Hertzliya ARE inside Israel. Palestine is not a state, its a TERRITORY. You seem very confused about which one of the two is a recognized state by the UN.

Mostly from you, that is what you have made me understand.

Havn't you said before that accepting Israel's right of existence equals "accepting the rights of the Jews to occupy all of Palestine"?

All of Palestine, as in Tel Aviv and Hertzliya?

OK, so why are those places inside Palestine's borders but not inside Israel's borders?

WHAT? LOL. Tel Aviv and Hertzliya ARE inside Israel. Palestine is not a state, its a TERRITORY. You seem very confused about which one of the two is a recognized state by the UN.

Palestine (whatever it is) has international borders. Israel (whatever it is) has no borders.

Israel sits inside Palestine's borders.

Just sayin'.

Palestine (whatever it is) has international borders. Israel (whatever it is) has no borders.

Just sayin'.

What are the international borders of Palestine?

And don't tell me "from river to sea". That is OUR border.

PALESTINE borders ARE?.....

Just sayin'

Just sayin'.

What are the international borders of Palestine?

And don't tell me "from river to sea". That is OUR border.

PALESTINE borders ARE?.....

Just sayin'

The international borders are Lebanon and Palestine, Syria and Palestine, Jordan and Palestine, and Egypt and Palestine.

I can link to my information. I am curious to see a link to yours.

Forum List

Back