Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges

So the corrupt bastards in Nigeria got bribed twice.

Once on behalf of Haliburton tthey were bribed by Halibuerton to screw the Nigerian people.

And once again, using the Nigerian laws against bribery, tthey shake down Haliburton to get still more money

My guess is that Haliburton probably is paying the same people in BOTH cases.

Last edited:
A quarter of a billion dollars because it costs less than being "bothered". And right wingers call me "stupid". I love it.

A quarter of a billion dollars because it costs less than being "bothered". And right wingers call me "stupid". I love it.

No. We call you retarded and dishonest. There's a difference.

It isn't a quarter of a billion dollars to avoid being bothered. It's a quarter of a billion dollars to avoid being shut down and having corporate officers threatened with gross injustice and loss of liberty.

It is wrong to acquiesce to the thievery of the Government of Nigeria. But it can be more cost efficient and "safer," in some regards.

haliburton is a great representation of america's corporatism, pure evil. i can't wait for wikileaks to start dropping stuff on banks and other similar businesses next year. the fallout will be amazing to watch.

You have to realize that it's owner is a die hard con, so don't expect much declaration to ensue.

declaration to ensue??

WTF is shitnow babbling about this time? :cuckoo:

It isn't a quarter of a billion dollars to avoid being bothered. It's a quarter of a billion dollars to avoid being shut down and having corporate officers threatened with gross injustice and loss of liberty.

It is wrong to acquiesce to the thievery of the Government of Nigeria. But it can be more cost efficient and "safer," in some regards.

Why are you defending a company you know nothing about? If Haliburton had their way, you will be penniless, naked and living out of a piano crate. At least now you have a trailer.

Why are you defending a company you know nothing about? If Haliburton had their way, you will be penniless, naked and living out of a piano crate. At least now you have a trailer.

retardean. You don't know what I know about Halliburton. Ergo, as all can plainly see, you are talking out of your ass again. You do that a lot. You are, as your last post clearly re-establishes, retarded, after all.

And stop projecting. I don't have a trailer. Just because retarded losers like you cannot afford a house doesn't mean everyone is equally lame.

By the way, you'd have a slightly better chance of making a point about somebody else's alleged lack of knowledge about the company if YOU had the presence of mind to spell its name correctly. :lol:

haliburton is a great representation of america's corporatism, pure evil. i can't wait for wikileaks to start dropping stuff on banks and other similar businesses next year. the fallout will be amazing to watch.

You have to realize that it's owner is a die hard con, so don't expect much declaration to ensue.

declaration to ensue??

WTF is shitnow babbling about this time? :cuckoo:

But more the question is to ensue WHAT exactly?

From Merriam Webster Online Dictionary one can see the proper usage of this transitive verb:

en·sue

verb \in-ˈsü, en-\
en·sueden·su·ing
Definition of ENSUE

transitive verb
: to strive to attain : pursue <I wander, seeking peace, and ensuing it &#8212; Rupert Brooke>

And it comes intransitive as well! WOW!

intransitive verb
: to take place afterward or as a result

See ensue defined for English-language learners »

And a History lesson to boot!

Origin of ENSUE

Middle English, from Anglo-French ensivre (3d singular ensiut), from en- + sivre to follow &#8212; more at sue First Known Use: 14th century

And did you know that this word rhymes with many others?

Yeah! it does! (I swear it's true)...

Rhymes with ENSUE

accrue, achoo, adieu, ado, Agnew, aircrew, airscrew, anew, askew, babu, Baku, bamboo, battu, battue, bayou, bedew, beshrew, bestrew, bijou, boo-boo, boubou, brand-new, breakthrough, burgoo, cachou, can-do, canoe, caoutchouc, Carew, Cebu, Chonju, construe, Corfu, corkscrew, coypu, CQ, cuckoo, curfew, debut, Depew, doo-doo, ecu, endue, eschew, floor-through, fondue, fordo, Gansu, Gentoo, Gifu, goo-goo, GQ, ground crew, gumshoe, guru, hairdo, hereto, Hindu, home brew, Honshu, horseshoe, how-to, HQ, Hutu, igloo, imbrue, imbue, IQ, jackscrew, K2, Kansu, karoo, Karoo, kazoo, Khufu, kung fu, Kwangju, leadscrew, lean-to, long view, make-do, Matthew, me-too, mildew, milieu, miscue, misdo, muumuu, non-U, old-shoe, one-two, on view, outdo, perdu, Peru, poilu, prau, preview, pursue, purview, ragout, redo, renew, Renfrew, review, revue, rough-hew, run-through, sandshoe, Sardou, see-through, set-to, setscrew, shampoo, sinew, skiddoo, snafu, snowshoe, soft-shoe, span-new, subdue, surtout, taboo, Taegu, tattoo, thank-you, thereto, thumbscrew, to-do, too-too, tree shrew, undo, undue, unglue, unscrew, untrue, vatu, vendue, venue, virtu, voodoo, wahoo, walk-through, wherethrough, whereto, who's who, worldview, yahoo, yoo-hoo [-]hide

accrue, achoo, adieu, ado, Agnew, aircrew, airscrew, anew, askew, babu, Baku, bamboo, battu, battue, bayou, bedew, beshrew, bestrew, bijou... [+]more

Whod'a thunk it? Is that Shintao a genius or what? *I* Certainly learned something here...have you?

Last edited:

retardean. You don't know what I know about Halliburton. Ergo, as all can plainly see, you are talking out of your ass again. You do that a lot. You are, as your last post clearly re-establishes, retarded, after all.

And stop projecting. I don't have a trailer. Just because retarded losers like you cannot afford a house doesn't mean everyone is equally lame.

By the way, you'd have a slightly better chance of making a point about somebody else's alleged lack of knowledge about the company if YOU had the presence of mind to spell its name correctly. :lol:

You don't prove anything. Just talk out your ass. Blah blah blah.

So you don't have a trailer? The very least you could do is pay your sister some rent. She could be making money off that basement.

You don't prove anything. Just talk out your ass. Blah blah blah.

So you don't have a trailer? The very least you could do is pay your sister some rent. She could be making money off that basement.

That was stupid even by your typically retarded standards. Right after I noted that you "are talking out of your ass again," you come RIGHT back with the inspired retort, "Just talk out your ass." You are limp, retardean. Seriously. You got no game, stupid.

Parrots are embarrassed for you.

It's interesting how we place Western values on non-Western countries. What we call corruption, they see as 'doing business'. Perhaps we should learn that not everyone sees things the way we do. Just an idea.

Yep applies to religion and punishments as well.
However should Americans lower their morals to do business in other countries?

Forum List

Back