Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges

watching neocons flail and flop is hilarious. great thread modbert

close your eyes and replace the name associated with halliburton with another name, as a thought experiment.

let's take a random name.

matt damon

or

george soros.

and then imagine how this thread would look like.

Were they the CEO of Haliburton at one time or another?

Funny, I posted the story about Cheney a few weeks ago and the names I was called by right winger? Shocking. What a hateful bunch of people.

250 mil? That's like a quarter billion. Innocent people don't pay out that kind of money. That much money isn't a "bribe", no, it's a "payoff".

Funny, I posted the story about Cheney a few weeks ago and the names I was called by right winger? Shocking. What a hateful bunch of people.

250 mil? That's like a quarter billion. Innocent people don't pay out that kind of money. That much money isn't a "bribe", no, it's a "payoff".

RETARD ALERT. A Company evaluates what is in their best interest. In Africa, if one wants to do business, one pays bribes. INCLUDING the supposed official ones where the Government claims bribes are wrong.

It is cheaper and safer to play the game if one can afford it and the rewards are high enough. By the way dumb fuck Cheney has not been CEO since before 2000. I am waiting for some evidence the supposed illegal activity even occurred on his watch. And that it was not business as usual in Nigeria.

Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges against Cheney, firm | Raw Story

Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges against Cheney, firm

The massive industrial conglomerate Halliburton has reportedly offered to pay $250 million to settle charges against its former chief executive, ex-Vice President Dick Cheney, in a multi-million dollar bribery case.

In the United States, KBR has already admitted bribing Nigerian officials. In February 2009, the company agreed to pay a $402 million fine. Halliburton itself paid $177 million to settle allegations paid to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), but didn't admit wrongdoing. Still, despite the settlements, Halliburton's spokeswoman said “there is no legal basis for the charges” in a statement Dec. 8.

Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission spokesman Femi Babafemi told Reuters the company had offered to pay up to $250 million.

"They have made offers of fines to be paid in penalties. They offered to pay $120 million in addition to the repatriation of $130 million trapped in Switzerland," Babafemi said.

"No legal basis for the charges" but here, have a $250 million bribe to drop the bribery case. :lol:

humm in essence bribery to drop a bribery case....who says America has lost is mojo? Perfect!!

Nigeria is the USA's #2 supplier of Crude Oil behind Canada who is our #1 supplier of crude oil. Nigeria had serious supply problems causing US oil prices to rise to $147 a barrel. Rebels were bombing & shuttering one of their only 2 oil supply pipelines. During the oil spike Nigeria production was the only country that had a significant drop in production. Production was cut by half at that time acting as the largest catalyst driving oil prices sky high. I bet these bribes were necessary to keep the oil flowing to the USA & prevent further price spikes. Now that oil has spiked that high it has signaled to the world how valuable it is & just how much they can bleed us Americans for at the pump.

RETARD ALERT. A Company evaluates what is in their best interest. In Africa, if one wants to do business, one pays bribes. INCLUDING the supposed official ones where the Government claims bribes are wrong.

It is cheaper and safer to play the game if one can afford it and the rewards are high enough. By the way dumb fuck Cheney has not been CEO since before 2000. I am waiting for some evidence the supposed illegal activity even occurred on his watch. And that it was not business as usual in Nigeria.

Why wait? Go do some research. You're sitting in front of a fucking computer. USE IT!

Why wait? Go do some research. You're sitting in front of a fucking computer. USE IT!

Let me know when Interpol acts to arrest Cheney. Fucking dumb ass.

Yea... right.... you 'hit' me..... when in fact, what you did was to call me a 'nazi lover'.... as a point scoring. And you admitted it. You are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

still on that cross?

come clean about the deflective bullshit you spewed in the iott thread and maybe maybe you can then start judging others on morals, you slimy emo-cripple.:lol:

what's an emo-cripple?

I think it's some sort of leftist German insult only the leftist Germans understand...

He's trying to fit in... give him a break...

Why should I "let" you know anything? I prefer the "stupid" you.

Why should I "let" you know anything? I prefer the "stupid" you.

retardean, you ARE the stupid. The stupid is as one with you. The stupid is in you. You are one with the stupid.

The fact that Nigeria has secured an indictment naming Halliburton and naming Mr. Cheney constitutes not one iota of "proof" of any guilt. The fact (if true, and I presume it is true) that Halliburton is seeking to secure dismissal by the payment of such a large "fine," also is completely devoid of any value in determining whether or not either Mr. Cheney or Halliburton is guilty of anything.

You are the fucking "liberal." Surely YOU must have heard that sometimes the innocent plead guilty to avoid harsh prison terms. If it's true that most of the guys serving time in State Prison are guilty, it's also true that there are some exceptions. Some of the convicted innocent got convicted after a trial. Some got convicted by way of guilty pleas. Dumbass, even conservatives admit as much. But it's an article of fucking faith for you uber- liberoidal dipsticks.

But, when discussing former Vice President Cheney, your willingness to see such things just evaporates. You are nothing more than a biased hack. You are a joke, stupid. Really. You are retarded.

Sorry to laugh at you, but it's kinda unavoidable. :lol:

Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges against Cheney, firm | Raw Story

Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges against Cheney, firm

The massive industrial conglomerate Halliburton has reportedly offered to pay $250 million to settle charges against its former chief executive, ex-Vice President Dick Cheney, in a multi-million dollar bribery case.

In the United States, KBR has already admitted bribing Nigerian officials. In February 2009, the company agreed to pay a $402 million fine. Halliburton itself paid $177 million to settle allegations paid to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), but didn't admit wrongdoing. Still, despite the settlements, Halliburton's spokeswoman said “there is no legal basis for the charges” in a statement Dec. 8.

Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission spokesman Femi Babafemi told Reuters the company had offered to pay up to $250 million.

"They have made offers of fines to be paid in penalties. They offered to pay $120 million in addition to the repatriation of $130 million trapped in Switzerland," Babafemi said.

"No legal basis for the charges" but here, have a $250 million bribe to drop the bribery case. :lol:

is this bribery or extortion?

is this bribery or extortion?

Don't worry. It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping.

When Halliburton pays it, it's a bribe.

When Nigeria demands it or accepts it, it's part of the extortion.

Or as Gideon Obi Wan Kenobi likes to call the whole thing,

"Justice!"

haliburton is a great representation of america's corporatism, pure evil. i can't wait for wikileaks to start dropping stuff on banks and other similar businesses next year. the fallout will be amazing to watch.

You have to realize that it's owner is a die hard con, so don't expect much declaration to ensue.

close your eyes and replace the name associated with halliburton with another name, as a thought experiment.

let's take a random name.

matt damon

or

george soros.

and then imagine how this thread would look like.

Were they the CEO of Haliburton at one time or another?

outside of my thought experiment, i am pretty sure that soros wasn't.

not so sure about that damon fellow. i don't trust that guy.

an emotional person but with crippled emotions.

Well, that certainly sounds like something for which you have great deal of personally relevant experience.

He's an hysterical babbler who projects his babbling onto others and then bitches about them. Boy's a fool.

oh shit, i annoyed the brat again.

threadbombingbrushgirl.gif

Forum List

Back