Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges

L.K. Eder has tripped the Godwin's Law Wire, and now loses the discussion.

No. you're smarter than that.

Like I said, I didn't focus on Cheney first in this thread outside of the Nigerian Scam email joke. RGS was the first one to do so, first accusing me of making another thread on this subject which I didn't do. Cheney's name wasn't mentioned again until Boedicca brought it up.

I just found it ironic that Haliburton is willing to bribe Nigeria $250 million in order to drop a bribery case. Am I the only one seeing the irony in that?

Yes you are the only one seeing irony in that. Every large corporation would do the same thing. The only difference is Dick Cheney was never the CEO of IBM or Ford Motor Company, so you aren't interested in their activities.

I tried to explain that to him. I suggested that he research how African countries 'do business'.... these kinds of charges are SOP as a way of paying an African Government to be allowed to operate in their country. Bribery is commonplace with such places. Everyone who does business in African countries know this and accepts it as a cost of doing business.

no, you have it all wrong, modbert is the nazi, all the others are god ferking AMEricaN's!

Could you please refrain from calling people 'Nazis'. It really is offensive.

:eusa_eh:

lose your humor today....

I have this very weird thing about the word 'nazi'.... It's the equivalent of calling someone the 'n' word.... or a gay person a faggot. Certain words have a history that should not be treated lightly. The crimes committed by the Nazis were beyond comprehension - calling someone a 'nazi' is disrespecting the millions who died.

she gets quite sensitive after she's been hit.

Yea... right.... you 'hit' me..... when in fact, what you did was to call me a 'nazi lover'.... as a point scoring. And you admitted it. You are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

still on that cross?

come clean about the deflective bullshit you spewed in the iott thread and maybe maybe you can then start judging others on morals, you slimy emo-cripple.:lol:

Yea... right.... you 'hit' me..... when in fact, what you did was to call me a 'nazi lover'.... as a point scoring. And you admitted it. You are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

still on that cross?

come clean about the deflective bullshit you spewed in the iott thread and maybe maybe you can then start judging others on morals, you slimy emo-cripple.:lol:

what's an emo-cripple?

still on that cross?

what's an emo-cripple?

an emotional person but with crippled emotions.

Could you please refrain from calling people 'Nazis'. It really is offensive.

I have this very weird thing about the word 'nazi'.... It's the equivalent of calling someone the 'n' word.... or a gay person a faggot. Certain words have a history that should not be treated lightly. The crimes committed by the Nazis were beyond comprehension - calling someone a 'nazi' is disrespecting the millions who died.

ok

still on that cross?

See, yet again you are inflicting your own emotional instability onto others. People who actually know me say the opposite... I'm quite an unemotional person. Silly boy.

Forum List

Back