Half Your Paycheck To The Government In 2013

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    BUT, the people want MORE taxes, that's what they voted for

SNIP:
    The president is convinced Americans need to pay more in taxes. Here's what he said yesterday.

“I think everybody out there understood that was an important debate and the majority of voters agreed with me. By the way, more voters agreed with me on this issue than voted for me! So we've got a clear majority of the American people who recognize if we're gonna be serious about deficit reduction we gotta do it in a balanced way."

But let me tell you, come January 1, you're probably not going to be happy with the amount of taxes you're paying. That's because it's not just Federal taxes that you pay.

A middle class taxpayer pays 25% percent of their income in Federal Income Tax. Sounds, ok?

Then there is the Federal Social Security and Medicare payroll tax of 13.3%. You pick up 5.65% while you're employer pays 7.65%. Add them up and that's 38.3% of middle class family incomes going to Uncle Sam. But we aren't done, not by a long shot.

According to the Tax Foundation, the average state's income tax rate on the middle class is 4.82%. Of course, some states have it and some don't, but we're taking an average here.

Now the total: 43.12% of middle class income to taxes.

Oh, and I almost forgot, unless congress makes a move, Federal Income taxes go to 28% for middle income folks next year as the Bush tax cuts expire.

all of it here
    Read more: Half Your Paycheck To The Government In 2013 | Blog | The Willis Report with Gerri Willis | Fox Business

2. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    I don't think this guy understands how tax brackets work.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322
    considering you don't know the outcome of Congressional actions concerning the cliff. This pure specualtion.

4. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Just think of the patriotic social justice that could be acheived with 95% tax rates.........

5. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,540
    No new taxes. Obamacare is absolutely not a tax. He really does want the middle class to collapse, ey?
    Liar-N-Chirf at its best! fucking cocksucker

6. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322
    stop using the tanning booth

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    It doesn't matter how high taxes are. obama's father said that taxes at 100% was fair, if the government provided equally for the people. What you lose paying taxes will be given back to you in benefits. If your taxes are too high to feed yourself and your family, the government will give you an EBT card. If you can't afford insurance, the government will give it to you. When so much of your salary goes to taxes that you cant rent or buy housing, the government will give that to you too.

No worries.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    I already pay over 1/2 of my income to taxation of some sort or another... enough is fucking enough

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322
    learn to play tax avoision

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    He was talking about raising taxes on the top two percent when he said that, not all Americans. Don't be making up more shit.

Why do you continue to worship at the altar of false idols who lie to you?

Aside from the horrible math in your copy and paste job, the evidence this is a lie is right in front of your face every April 15 when you fill out your taxes.

Your actual tax bill is nowhere near half your income.

This is exactly why I say we need either some kind of flat tax or sales tax, because most Americans have no fucking clue how much they paid in income taxes last year. They can tell you what their refund was, but not how much they paid.

Because of this, politicians can raise your taxes without you even noticing, or false idols can piss in your mouth about how overtaxed you are and you swallow it.

You can't hide a flat tax or sales tax increase.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012