Hagel: Iraq growing more like Vietnam

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Theregular, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Theregular

Theregular Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/18/hagel.iraq

2. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    as "officially political dead meat".. He's toast as far as any presidential hopes and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his Senate seat. Is now known as a "media grovelling bitch".

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    To put it in perspective, Theregular, Chuck Hagel is viewed by Republicans much like Zell Miller is by Democrats. He is a RINO.

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Yes, this post argues against your premise Regular because Hagel is a fool.

5. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    d regular, YAWNNNNNN

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    What he means is the left is doing their damnedest to make it so, along with the likes of you. If it's anti-US and obviously untrue, you'll damned-sure post it as gospel.

YOU are the reason there is war. You and the idiots that think like you. You are so steeped in your hatred of anything Western/Christian/American, that you don't even care what is the truth. If it's about hating us, you're there. The more you post, the more I'm convinced you're a card-carrying member of AQ. But then, stupid as they are, they at least have some balls. You just tell lies on the internet.

If you didn't have that bathtowel on your head so damned tight, you could probably get some oxygen into your three little brain cells and maybe -- just maybe -- see what a moron you are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Theregular

Theregular Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1- I am not anti-US or anti-american, I am anti-current US policies.
    2- Its not about hating you, I dont know where all of this is coming from, I posted this piece of news to find you attacking me, why is that? maybe because I am showing the rest of the non-idiots like you the truth?

Replies from you and the other replies clearly shows what kind of a person are you, your replies seem to be coming from a 12 year old, the fact that your not a 12 year old makes it even worse...

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Ok, either you hate America or you're stupid. You say you just disagree with current policy, but then rather than try to provide suggestions and ideas for a policy change, you simply try to undermine anything the current administration is trying to do. This doesn't help America change, it only weakens her against her enemies.

FACT: You may not have wanted us to go into Iraq, but we're there now, and we can't leave until the job's done, or that whole country will go to Hell in a handbasket before you can say "spread the love." All this anti-war, Vietnam bullcrap isn't going to get us to leave. Even if it did, it would be at the cost of the lives of thousands if not millions of Iraqis, and then we'd have yet another country with nothing but bitter, vile hatred of us. Really good plan, genius. Now, this crap isn't going to get us to leave, but do you know what it does do? It convinces the terrorists that they can win, raising their morale. It convinces the troops that they can lose, lowering their morale. It causes mindless idiots who believe this crap to actually start hating troops, like during Vietnam, lowering their morale further. It also causes such an obstructionist view in congress that the President has to spend more time fighting the damn Democrats than the terrorists. The longer this tactic goes on, the longer we'll be in Iraq because if the President is actually supported on this issue, we can concentrate more on how to finish the job rather than how to sneak wartime bills past the Democrats.

9. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    You're a lying pussy with net balls. In another post you attacked US policy in vietnam, so that means you have been against US policy for 40 years minimum, which means YOU ARE AN AMERICAN HATER, YOU ARE ANTI USA.

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I will give Hagel two points....Being a VN era veteran and he being a squad leader in the US Army during the same conflict he is correct in his assessment that this war has some very close similarities with the VN conflict...he is also correct by chastizing the VP Dick Cheney...what does he really know about combat...after all he set on the bench during the VN era...working his way up the economic food chain with a marriage and college deferrment...

I do disagree with Hagel in reference to GW meeting again with "Cindy"...this would be a very bad precedent!

BTW....I believe Hagel is refering to the political intervention in the Iraq war as it was the downfall and cause of the US cutting and running from the VN conflict...why he is taking this stance now is beyond my comprehension!