Hagel: Iraq growing more like Vietnam

I've thought of another comparison, somewhat related to my first, insofar as whom it concerns.

Those on the left failed to see the big picture during Vietnam, just as they fail to see it now.

Iraq is not an isolated incident, it is in fact part of a global war against Islamic fascist extremism, just as Vietnam was not an isolated incident but was instead a battle of the Cold War, the war to defeat the threat to humanity that global Communist domination represented.

Some on the left don't understand the purposes of going to Iraq as it relates to defeating Islamic fascists. These same kinds of people thought we went to South East Asia just to push around the Vietnamese. In their minds the only motive was/is greed or thirst for power or just plain evilness.

And I say "some on the left" because though there are those that know full well what they are doing (our domestic Communists during the Vietnam war, and the hard left today) the vast majority of those who hold the beliefs that make them act the way they do, do so out of ignorance or stupidity.

Its not difficult to find parralells between any two items. Vietnam and Iraq is no exception. The trick is to find many more similiar attributes than disimiliar. The two just dont measure up.

Forum List

Back