Guys, please educate me on this 2nd Amendment Issue, I'm trying to understand

Is there any practical reason for someone to have a full automatic, and/or these modifiers other than mass murder?

The main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government. GB tried to confiscate everyones weapons before our Revolution.

If these weapons are being legally sold, and from I understand the modifiers are a work around to the law; unless there is a good argument why they should be allowed, there has to be a way to stop legal store owners from selling this modifier.

We didn't stop the sale of booze, drugs, prostitution....
Defend against an army? Goodlick Afghanis, Iraqis they were armed heavily and they couldn't do shit. Keep on finding excuses.
I said 'government' not Army.

The military would most likely join us.
You guys live in your own world.

Is there any practical reason for someone to have a full automatic, and/or these modifiers other than mass murder?

The main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government. GB tried to confiscate everyones weapons before our Revolution.

If these weapons are being legally sold, and from I understand the modifiers are a work around to the law; unless there is a good argument why they should be allowed, there has to be a way to stop legal store owners from selling this modifier.

Defend against an army? Goodlick Afghanis, Iraqis they were armed heavily and they couldn't do shit. Keep on finding excuses.

They have so many liberals in the military now and foreigners and brain washed kids it may be a toss up.
No, it's still mostly conservatives. Leftists make up ~15%
Might be true....those who go to the army usually from red areas where they don't have to many choices.

so, are you assuming, our military, that is mostly conservatives or those that agree with us, would follow orders to kill civilians?

and I live in my own world

They have so many liberals in the military now and foreigners and brain washed kids it may be a toss up.
Might be true....those who go to the army usually from red areas where they don't have to many choices.
oh, I see, you think Veterans are dumb.

wow, you are one utterly fucked up creature.

so, are you assuming, our military, that is mostly conservatives or those that agree with us, would follow orders to kill civilians?

Anything is possible. But claiming that pistols will do something against a government that has an army is a false argument.

I didn't say they are dumb...but lot of them didn't have too many choices but to join the army and open up a door for themselves. A kid in LA, NYC is less likely to join because they have more alternatives. Ask the Orange kids.

As someone who has never grown up with weapons, outside of video games; I need to understand the issue some have with the Second Amendment and automatics.

I appreciate your Constitution, and really I envy it in fact being from Canada as I think it's an amazing document, but far more important, a cherished document defended by so many. So, even those who I may disagree with in general on certain issues, I certainly respect your position on this.

Now I'd like to be educated by those who know alot more than I do about this issue as all I hear in Canada is "gun control gun control. gun control". Many left wing Americans going to CBC and other Canadian networks and promoting this idea, basically criminalizing anyone who supports the Second Amendment in some cases, and I instinctively know there are two sides to this issue.

Thoughts on this? Should it be banned? Should ownership of fully automatics come with legal consequences or is there a logical argument for ownership of this weapon?

Thanks in advance.

The first thing is: what does the 2A actually mean?

The biggest problem is both the right and the left will distort the meaning for their own political gains.

Basically, the right to keep arms is the right of individuals to own weapons. The reason for this is that the militia needed an independent source of weapons that the US military could not take away from them. This is to protect the militia from the federal govt.

The right to bear arms is the right of individuals to be in the militia. The reason for this is that the militia needed and independent source of personnel that the US military could not take away from them This is to protect the militia from the federal govt.

The US govt cannot ban all guns. It could, potentially, if it had the power, ban certain types of weapons. In fact it does. Regulation of weaponry means that guns that don't meet certain requirements will be banned. Also they will ban many different types of weaponry, like SAMs, nukes, tanks and the like. As long as individuals are able to buy guns at decent prices (for a gun) then the US govt isn't infringing on the right to keep arms.

The right to bear arms they dealt with in the early 1900s with the Dick Act. Basically they made the "unorganized militia" and stuck all men aged 17-45 in it. This was because they realized that the militias as they were, were almost useless in the capacity that the National Guard is now used in. So they made the National Guard. But individuals have the right to be in the militia and could have demanded to be in the National Guard, making it more inefficient. So the unorganized militia solved that problem of the right to bear arms.

So, essentially the right you have is the right to own a weapon. Nothing more, well, there implies certain amount of other things you can do that would be reasonable. Like being able to transport your weapon from the place of buying to your home and the like. Carry and conceal permits would be unconstitutional if there were a right to carry guns around. They'd literally be unnecessary too. But people are able to avoid thinking about things and pretend they have some kind of right to carry. They don't.

Anything is possible. But claiming that pistols will do something against a government that has an army is a false argument.
and you just proved why you need to keep your mitts off the 2nd.

I didn't say they are dumb...but lot of them didn't have too many choices but to join the army and open up a door for themselves. A kid in LA, NYC is less likely to join because they have more alternatives. Ask the Orange kids.
you're deluded.

As someone who has never grown up with weapons, outside of video games; I need to understand the issue some have with the Second Amendment and automatics.

I appreciate your Constitution, and really I envy it in fact being from Canada as I think it's an amazing document, but far more important, a cherished document defended by so many. So, even those who I may disagree with in general on certain issues, I certainly respect your position on this.

Now I'd like to be educated by those who know alot more than I do about this issue as all I hear in Canada is "gun control gun control. gun control". Many left wing Americans going to CBC and other Canadian networks and promoting this idea, basically criminalizing anyone who supports the Second Amendment in some cases, and I instinctively know there are two sides to this issue.

Thoughts on this? Should it be banned? Should ownership of fully automatics come with legal consequences or is there a logical argument for ownership of this weapon?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

A lot more videos which twist and distort reality.

Using the same old tired arguments. The problem is most people don't WANT the situation to get better. They'll compartmentalize everything so they don't have do actually do anything to solve any problem.

gun_cock.gif

Slippery slope and its none of the federal government's business on firearm ownership...

I think the point people miss is that the "well regulated militia" was the responsibility of the government the Founding Fathers created.
The Founding Fathers also indicated "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed".

The Founding Fathers then indicated in the 10th Amendment that all powers not granted to the federal government were then subject to the States.
It is understood that the States were 'closer to the 'people' ... And that the 'people' had a right to bear arms.

Regulation ... At best ... Is a State issue and not a Federal issue ... Unless you change the Constitution and grant the Federal government more power.
They did not state ... "The right of the well regulated Militia to bear arms, shall be not be infringed".

Last edited:
Slippery slope and its none of the federal government's business on firearm ownership...

I think the point people miss is that the "well regulated militia" was the responsibility of the government the Founding Fathers created.
The Founding Fathers also indicated "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed".

The Founding Fathers then indicated in the 10th Amendment that all powers not granted to the federal government were then subject to the States.
It is understood that the States were 'closer to the 'people' ... And that the 'people' had a right to bear arms.

Regulation ... At best ... Is a State issue and not a Federal issue ... Unless you change the Constitution and grant the Federal government more power.

No doubt, The federal government fucks up everything it touches

That's correct ... And more so the further from the people it gets.
That's the reason the Constitution only grants the federal government 18 specific powers.

Of course the Constitution allows for itself to be altered ... But you still have to go through the actual process of altering it.
Nowadays ... People try to circumvent the process by assuming intent and believing the Constitution means things it never stated.

Gun control can work, but this country is too bought and paid for my lobbyists and the NRA for anything to ever change.

We had a competent president in office when dozens of children were murdered at school and not only did nothing change, gun laws on the whole become more lenient as a result.

So there is NO way anything is changing knowing the president we have and the fact that our government is still bought and paid for.
Na, firearms have no control over people. People kill people not firearms

Unless it was the Fast an furious weapons, then it's Obama!!!!!

Thanks in advance.
You need to read the full opinion of Heller VS. DC both the majority and the minority to be able to understand the legal and constitutional background and the split views on this.

Then you simply need to flip a coin --

Pro-gun or anti-gun ?!

Samee same G/I -- you pick 'em.

If you are comfortable around guns and a good shot and you practice then you will likely be pro-gun.

If you are finicky and antsy about guns and can't shoot worth a sh!t then you will probably be anti-gun -- fear of the unknown.

Not rocket science at all.

Gun control can work, but this country is too bought and paid for my lobbyists and the NRA for anything to ever change.

We had a competent president in office when dozens of children were murdered at school and not only did nothing change, gun laws on the whole become more lenient as a result.

So there is NO way anything is changing knowing the president we have and the fact that our government is still bought and paid for.
Na, firearms have no control over people. People kill people not firearms

Unless it was the Fast an furious weapons, then it's Obama!!!!!
It looks like the Obama justice dept dropped the ball on these "bump stock" devices too.

Looks like Obama did not want any kind of fight with the NRA.

That's correct ... And more so the further from the people it gets.
That's the reason the Constitution only grants the federal government 18 specific powers.

Of course the Constitution allows for itself to be altered ... But you still have to go through the actual process of altering it.
Nowadays ... People try to circumvent the process by assuming intent and believing the Constitution means things it never stated.

With a b!tch like R.B. Ginsberg sitting on the High Court the Constitution can be easily ignored like it often has in the past.

The good news is that this wench will likely croak soon.

Then Trump (or Pence) can nominate another -- a better one next time.

Hillary wanted another assault weapons ban just like Slick Willy had.

So this bump stock issue would have played right into her hand.

Lucky for us that she blew the election.

What Happened explains it.

WTF Happened would have been a better title.

Forum List

Back