Guys, please educate me on this 2nd Amendment Issue, I'm trying to understand

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shockedcanadian, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,397
    You obviously have never read the Declaration of Independence, and your historical knowledge is basically non-existent.

Why were the battles of Lexington and Concord fought? The British government was intent on seizing weapons so that the colonists would have no recourse other than to submit to tyranny.

2. bendog

bendog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,933
    Ah still cain't unnerstan how we was 0 fer 2 gainst y'all even before we started losin' wars. (-:

3. TroglocratsRdumb

TroglocratsRdumb VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,908
    The Right to Bear Arms is the reason why America has never had a dictatorship

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,073
    When the Bill of Rights was written the States Militia's were the first line of defense against foreign invaders. They were under the President. They were made up a citizens who were mostly White male property owners. I'm sure they never dreamed of the weapons we have available to all of us now.

5. The Sage of Main Street

The Sage of Main Street Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,664
    Imaginary Courage

Pathetic bootlicking doormats who won't stand up to their bosses at work like to fantasize that they can overthrow the government. They know they are economic cowards; they desperately need to think they are revolutionary heroes---"Just you wait and see what I will do!"

6. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,553

Let me get this straight. Ban the devices that they agency wrote multi page explanations on why these devices ARE NOT machine guns when installed, then prosecute anyone who posses them? Is that even possible, and had it been the law would it have even helped ? Would it have been less horrible had the guy been perched up there with a bolt gun and a back pack full of ammo ? Say he had no guns at all and just used the bomb stuff instead, would that have been less tragic ?

7. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,750
    read this on facebook and thought it was interesting.

If you are going to start calling for more gun control and use the 2nd Amendment in your argument, citing that the founding fathers had a single shot musket in mind when they wrote it, then I’m calling to remove your right to protest as the founding fathers never had blocking highways, rioting, looting, BLM, Antifa, NFL or “shutting this shit down” in mind when they wrote the 1st Amendment.

he's got a point. the constitution as written is meant to be "timeless" which is why, when treated as such, it lasts as long as it does. these days everyone wants it to mean only what they feel it should, all else are wrong. queue fighting. if it can be expanded to include these areas as methods of today to show your feelings about things, then it can be for guns, and all else, as well.

unless you hate guns, then you want to limit what you don't like, expand what you do. human nature but self serving in a cooperative environment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,073
    Blocking Highways, looting and rioting are illegal and not expressions of Free Speech. The Constitution has been amended from it's original form many times. IMO banning guns is unconstitutional. But the point I was making is that it was not an amendment to give the people the weapons needed for armed insurrection against the government but as protection from the various states taking the Minute-mens' (militias) weapons as they were our first line of defense against a foreign invasion.

9. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,750
    cool. i just thought it was an interesting concept at what has changed in the world around us and we can choose to have selective vision in these matters. (certainly myself included)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Bootney Lee Farnsworth VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,653
    I'm just messing.

Y'all were just talking past each other. That's all.

600 rounds per minute is the rate of fire. I think they were confused by your magazine capacity statement. They were correct to call it rounds per minute.

For the record, I have never heard of a hi-cap magazine holding 600 rounds. I would love to see someone shoulder such a weapon, because the magazine would weigh at least twice as much as the weapon itself. :lol:

Furthermore, with the exception of gatlin-style mini-guns with multiple, spinning barrels, I have never seen a gun run through more than 300 rounds at a time without doing serious damage to the barrel, to the point where the gun fails (or catches on fire).

Here's what it does to an AK:

Magazine capacity is one of the dumbest arguments ever. It may increase actual rate of fire (fewer reloads), but fewer reloads has very little impact on effectiveness. Sustained firing on automatic is highly inaccurate. You end up fighting to keep the gun down, even with the best upward flash deflector, you will still struggle to keep fire on target. In fact, three round bursts are much more effective.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1