Guys, please educate me on this 2nd Amendment Issue, I'm trying to understand

The 'ARs' being sold at gun shows and gun stores are made for the 'sporting' market.
Sure they are made to look like 'military weapons' BUT they are made from crap quality steel components usually from recycled Chinese forges.
The barrels can't withstand the heat from fast repeated rounds fired. That's why the shooter had so many of them jammed after only firing a couple of 30 round clips off using a bump stock.
Real military ARs are made from military grade steel. They are capable of firing numerous rounds with a much higher heat buildup in the barrel.
Try to buy an authentic US military new or second hand AR from say a gun show.......(actually no one at ANY US gun show has one for sale legally.
If you do buy one privately it's been stolen from the US military.
The US military does not sell ANY used weapons unless they have been permanently disabled and are only for 'wall decoration'.

When the Bill of Rights was written the States Militia's were the first line of defense against foreign invaders. They were under the President. They were made up a citizens who were mostly White male property owners. I'm sure they never dreamed of the weapons we have available to all of us now.

read this on facebook and thought it was interesting.

If you are going to start calling for more gun control and use the 2nd Amendment in your argument, citing that the founding fathers had a single shot musket in mind when they wrote it, then I’m calling to remove your right to protest as the founding fathers never had blocking highways, rioting, looting, BLM, Antifa, NFL or “shutting this shit down” in mind when they wrote the 1st Amendment.

he's got a point. the constitution as written is meant to be "timeless" which is why, when treated as such, it lasts as long as it does. these days everyone wants it to mean only what they feel it should, all else are wrong. queue fighting. if it can be expanded to include these areas as methods of today to show your feelings about things, then it can be for guns, and all else, as well.

unless you hate guns, then you want to limit what you don't like, expand what you do. human nature but self serving in a cooperative environment.
Should Have Been a Temporary Start-Up Document

The Sacred Cow of political bullies, the Constitution has lasted so long because it enables a tiny sheltered clique to control our minds and block the will of the people. Constitutionazis treat it like power-hungry clergy treat the Bible or Koran. But a weak, slavish, and dumbed-down public is unable to stand up to Constitutional tyranny.

When the Bill of Rights was written the States Militia's were the first line of defense against foreign invaders. They were under the President. They were made up a citizens who were mostly White male property owners. I'm sure they never dreamed of the weapons we have available to all of us now.

read this on facebook and thought it was interesting.

If you are going to start calling for more gun control and use the 2nd Amendment in your argument, citing that the founding fathers had a single shot musket in mind when they wrote it, then I’m calling to remove your right to protest as the founding fathers never had blocking highways, rioting, looting, BLM, Antifa, NFL or “shutting this shit down” in mind when they wrote the 1st Amendment.

he's got a point. the constitution as written is meant to be "timeless" which is why, when treated as such, it lasts as long as it does. these days everyone wants it to mean only what they feel it should, all else are wrong. queue fighting. if it can be expanded to include these areas as methods of today to show your feelings about things, then it can be for guns, and all else, as well.

unless you hate guns, then you want to limit what you don't like, expand what you do. human nature but self serving in a cooperative environment.

The Sacred Cow of political bullies, the Constitution has lasted so long because it enables a tiny sheltered clique to control our minds and block the will of the people. Constitutionazis treat it like power-hungry clergy treat the Bible or Koran. But a weak, slavish, and dumbed-down public is unable to stand up to Constitutional tyranny.
False. Only to fascists. Our rights are the one thing which made this country what it became and now we have the likes of you and those like you slithering out from under your America hating rocks to try and take us down. Never going to happen.

Well, guess what, commie. There's a remedy. Amendments.

The founders made it hard to change or erode the Constitution because they knew that authoritarians like yourself would try to get rid of it and take the power away from the people. Go re-read my quotes in earlier posts.

Probably the worst sticking point here (among a few) is that it's pretty easy to understand that the Founding Fathers didn't/couldn't foresee the massive improvements in weaponry.

If the "arms" covered by the 2nd were muskets, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

But the REAL problem is that, now that the issue is politicized, it's necessarily dumbed down to bumper-sticker sloganeering and intellectual dishonesty.

Because that's how we roll.

Weaponry improvement was always present and FF's were aware of that.

1505437_603273389746085_1274907227_n.jpg

Is there any practical reason for someone to have a full automatic, and/or these modifiers other than mass murder?

The main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government. GB tried to confiscate everyones weapons before our Revolution.

If these weapons are being legally sold, and from I understand the modifiers are a work around to the law; unless there is a good argument why they should be allowed, there has to be a way to stop legal store owners from selling this modifier.

We didn't stop the sale of booze, drugs, prostitution....

What utter nonsense.

The Founding Fathers when creating a new government did not envision people defending themselves against the government they were creating.

The 2nd amendment was written so states could form militias to defend themselves against Indians and foreign invasions. It was written before the U.S. had a standing army. The 2nd amendment is now obsolete and is being misinterpreted by a bunch of guntards.

According to Article 1, Section 8, Clause 12, we don't have a standing army.

The dirty little secret is that (mostly) liberals get away with parroting the the phrase "gun control" without knowing what they are talking about. It's an easy political trick to use cliches instead or reason. Most pretty little male and female liberal reporters don't have a freaking clue about the difference between semi automatic and fully automatic and all they know about the term "assault rifle" is that it's an ugly black gun. There are a ton of gun control laws that exist and have existed for decades. Do liberals want the ultimate confiscation of firearms? The ironic thing is that democrats are the best thing that ever happened to the firearms industry. Every time the jack booted thugs threaten to ban gun sales there is a run on the gun stores by law abiding citizens. If democrats were serious about gun violence they would have called for Obama's impeachment and A.G. Holder's arrest for authorizing the ATF shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels. The media deliberately ignored the resulting carnage which allegedly included hundreds of Mexican citizens and at least one U.S. Border Patrol Officer.

Good responses guys thanks.

I wrote a long response but I have a habit of doing that, so I will just be quick and state, I understand why people support the 2nd Amendment, and why there is logic to support even autos. I will say, if somehow the government became tyrannic, the imbalance in weapons would be massive, and even 1000 automatic weapons wouldn't tip the scale. From missiles, to advanced technology and satellite use etc. Any attempts to try and balance the battle purely from a military standpoint, would require theft from the government and/or external government assistance (as the French once did to help America fight the British). So, I think support for automatics and the like to fight a tyrannic government isn't a realistic benefit/reason.

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible and law abiding. I wish this narrative would receive more airtime in Canada and in other outlets. At the same time, I don't think the outrage against autos and modifiers is misplaced.
Imaginary Courage

Pathetic bootlicking doormats who won't stand up to their bosses at work like to fantasize that they can overthrow the government. They know they are economic cowards; they desperately need to think they are revolutionary heroes---"Just you wait and see what I will do!"
Standing up to your boss has nothing to do with keeping and bearing arms. All you do is troll insults like the fascist you are.

I'm okay with current restrictions on fully automatic firearms. They are legal to own if you submit to the review process and pay the tax stamp. You also have to secure them properly and are subject to inspections without notice.

Unfortunately there are too many retarded gun owners to make fully automatic firearms easy to obtain. Mandatory gun safety courses is not a bad idea either.

Is there any practical reason for someone to have a full automatic, and/or these modifiers other than mass murder?

The main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government. GB tried to confiscate everyones weapons before our Revolution.

If these weapons are being legally sold, and from I understand the modifiers are a work around to the law; unless there is a good argument why they should be allowed, there has to be a way to stop legal store owners from selling this modifier.

You mean like the guy who shot those Dallas police officers ? He's a 2nd amendment hero?

You mean like the guy who shot those Dallas police officers ? He's a 2nd amendment hero?
Saying something like that makes you lower than filth.

GBThe main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government. tried to confiscate everyones weapons before our Revolution.

Saying something like that makes you lower than filth.

Typical righty . You can't handle it when real life meets your dumb ass talking points .

To quote : "main reason for the 2nd is to be able to defend ourselves from the government"

Defend against an army? Goodlick Afghanis, Iraqis they were armed heavily and they couldn't do shit. Keep on finding excuses.
I said 'government' not Army.

The military would most likely join us.

Defend against an army? Goodlick Afghanis, Iraqis they were armed heavily and they couldn't do shit. Keep on finding excuses.

They have so many liberals in the military now and foreigners and brain washed kids it may be a toss up.

care to be more specific?

and please explain your accusation.

They have so many liberals in the military now and foreigners and brain washed kids it may be a toss up.
No, it's still mostly conservatives. Leftists make up ~15%

What utter nonsense.

The Founding Fathers when creating a new government did not envision people defending themselves against the government they were creating.

The 2nd amendment was written so states could form militias to defend themselves against Indians and foreign invasions. It was written before the U.S. had a standing army. The 2nd amendment is now obsolete and is being misinterpreted by a bunch of guntards.
your lack of education is astounding.

Our Founders new damn well that our government would become corrupt and would have to be violently removed, they have said as much.

and your 'interpretation' of the 2nd comes from the anti-Constitution leftist media, your lie about them has been disproved thousands of times, the fact you keep repeating it just shows how much of a sheep you are.

As someone who has never grown up with weapons, outside of video games; I need to understand the issue some have with the Second Amendment and automatics.

I appreciate your Constitution, and really I envy it in fact being from Canada as I think it's an amazing document, but far more important, a cherished document defended by so many. So, even those who I may disagree with in general on certain issues, I certainly respect your position on this.

Now I'd like to be educated by those who know alot more than I do about this issue as all I hear in Canada is "gun control gun control. gun control". Many left wing Americans going to CBC and other Canadian networks and promoting this idea, basically criminalizing anyone who supports the Second Amendment in some cases, and I instinctively know there are two sides to this issue.

Thoughts on this? Should it be banned? Should ownership of fully automatics come with legal consequences or is there a logical argument for ownership of this weapon?

Thanks in advance.

Here's the important thing about a right; you don't have to have a practical reason, it's a right.

Yes . Righties say we need these guns to fight off an oppressive government. dallas shooter sees police killing his kind and getting away with it . So he fights back against the oppressive government.

What would "fighting back " in your mind entail? That's your talking point .

Yes . Righties say we need these guns to fight off an oppressive government. dallas shooter sees police killing his kind and getting away with it . So he fights back against the oppressive government.

What would "fighting back " in your mind entail? That's your talking point .
Please show me where I said "fighting back". You are quoting me, but I can't seem to find it.

Was the mans actions justified or was it a reaction to the leftist lies the media keeps spewing?

Forum List

Back