Guy wearing Trump hat sues bar for refusing to serve him

We do not know the case fully. Perhaps the man with the Trump hat was provoking customers who just wanted a beer without political stuff.

Lol! Do you always make excuses for people when they agree with your politics?
Politics should be left outside of a bar.

You should not be punished for your political affiliation, the bar is wrong. History has long proved that politics and pubs, bars are instrumental in politics.

Not getting your third drink is not "being punished". :lol:

But congratulations on doing a complete 180 from where you started in this thread:

Politics is not included in the reasons you cannot discriminate. So I doubt he will win. To me it is a private business, the owner can do what he wants, and I won't frequent a business that discriminates because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, politics or tries to force a political opinion.

You were for it before you were against it. You oughta run for office.

The bar can discriminate because of politics, and that is the law, however I don't agree that bars should discriminate based on politics. See one is the law, the other is my personal opinion.
Forgive me, Papageorgio, but no-one understands what you are saying.

Lol! Do you always make excuses for people when they agree with your politics?
Politics should be left outside of a bar.

You should not be punished for your political affiliation, the bar is wrong. History has long proved that politics and pubs, bars are instrumental in politics.

Not getting your third drink is not "being punished". :lol:

But congratulations on doing a complete 180 from where you started in this thread:

Politics is not included in the reasons you cannot discriminate. So I doubt he will win. To me it is a private business, the owner can do what he wants, and I won't frequent a business that discriminates because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, politics or tries to force a political opinion.

You were for it before you were against it. You oughta run for office.

The bar can discriminate because of politics, and that is the law, however I don't agree that bars should discriminate based on politics. See one is the law, the other is my personal opinion.
Forgive me, Papageorgio, but no-one understands what you are saying.

Forgive me Eloy, but no one expect you, being uneducated, to understand anything.

Meanwhile -- in a sorta-related incident:

Waiter Refuses to Serve Four Latina Women Until they Show "Proof of Residency"

"I need to make sure you're from here" he told them. "Did he really just say that?" they asked each other.

They brought the incident to the attention of the manager and left.

>> Kent Bearden, the senior director of operations at Saint Marc, told The Washington Post that the waiter who had asked for the women’s IDs had been fired. It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.

“I don’t know if he had an agenda or not,” said Bearden. “My concern is he violated a company policy. We’re very specific about how we treat our guests. That individual did not treat a table of guests to the expectations that we set forth in that company policy, and that caused him to be terminated.”

Bearden stressed that the employee’s actions “are something that you can’t control. The true measure is how you then handle it as a company. I feel very proud of our team and how we tried to take a proactive approach, trying to create a positive out of this situation.”

Carrillo said she’d been warned about this kind of treatment by her parents but had never experienced it firsthand. She told The Post that she wondered if the employee’s insulting request was a result of “who is President.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center recorded nearly 1,100 “bias-related incidents” in the month after President Trump’s election, including 125 in California. The group says such acts of harassment and intimidation have tapered off since then.

Carrillo’s parents both immigrated to the United States and still speak with accents. They worked hard to raise four girls, said Carrillo, who spent two years of high school in boarding school in New Hampshire.

Still, her mother said she worried about the discrimination her daughters would face. “She always told us, ‘I can handle discrimination,’” Carrillo said. “I know it’s part of my life.” She still remembers her mother telling stories of people making fun of her for not speaking proper English. <<​

"I need to make sure you're from here" he told them. "Did he really just say that?" they asked each other.

>> Kent Bearden, the senior director of operations at Saint Marc, told The Washington Post that the waiter who had asked for the women’s IDs had been fired. It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.

“I don’t know if he had an agenda or not,” said Bearden. “My concern is he violated a company policy. We’re very specific about how we treat our guests. That individual did not treat a table of guests to the expectations that we set forth in that company policy, and that caused him to be terminated.”

Bearden stressed that the employee’s actions “are something that you can’t control. The true measure is how you then handle it as a company. I feel very proud of our team and how we tried to take a proactive approach, trying to create a positive out of this situation.”

Carrillo said she’d been warned about this kind of treatment by her parents but had never experienced it firsthand. She told The Post that she wondered if the employee’s insulting request was a result of “who is President.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center recorded nearly 1,100 “bias-related incidents” in the month after President Trump’s election, including 125 in California. The group says such acts of harassment and intimidation have tapered off since then.

Carrillo’s parents both immigrated to the United States and still speak with accents. They worked hard to raise four girls, said Carrillo, who spent two years of high school in boarding school in New Hampshire.

Still, her mother said she worried about the discrimination her daughters would face. “She always told us, ‘I can handle discrimination,’” Carrillo said. “I know it’s part of my life.” She still remembers her mother telling stories of people making fun of her for not speaking proper English. <<​
The SPLC is a biased incident in itself.
You may as well cite the KKK Times.

You were just arguing that a private business can refuse service to anyone.

So now we can refuse service to "Obama voters" and people that hate Trump, good to know.

What's the difference between this and the baker refusing to make a faggot wedding cake?

The guy should sue the bar owner for discrimination, and cash in on the big bucks like the homos did with the baker. ..... :cool:
Then you are supporting their right to refuse service, just like the bakers.

More from the tolerant, freedom-loving alt-left. Seems like a clear case of discrimination based on political beliefs. I hope this bar owner doesn't suffer as a cake baking business did when they were sued...

The bar owner should consider donating any tax benefit that he might receive when Trump decreases personal taxes, you wouldn't want to accept such a policy from someone you dislike so much.

Guy wearing Trump hat sues bar for refusing to serve him | New York Post

Bartenders at a West Village hot spot served up discrimination — with a liberal twist — refusing to serve a customer because he was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, according to a lawsuit.

Greg Piatek, 30, an accountant from Philadelphia, claims he was snubbed and eventually 86’d by workers at The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street over his conservative fashion statement, popularized by Donald Trump on the campaign trail, he told The Post.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims he was told as he was shown the door by a manager.

The shake-up started when Piatek and two pals, after a visit to the 9/11 Memorial, ordered drinks at the posh tavern around 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.

A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita and his pals beers. But when he tried to order a second round, a male bartender noticed his hat — and skipped them, he said.

One of Piatek’s pals pointed out it was their turn to be served, but the bartender scoffed. “Is that hat a joke?” the Manhattan Supreme Court suit claims.

“Immediately it clicked,” Piatek said, adding that bartenders didn’t see the pro-Trump slogan until he turned his back to the bar.

“Ignoring me because I’m wearing the hat is ridiculous,” Piatek said. “It’s really sad.”

The “flustered” bartender got them a second round but allegedly “slammed the drinks down.”

A third bartender also asked Piatek if his lid was a joke and shouted, “I can’t believe you would support someone so terrible and you must be as terrible a person!” Piatek claimed.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

A manager said he spoke to the bar owner, and was told, “Anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here. And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” according to the suit.

Bar owner Jon Neidich did not respond to calls. A manager at the bar refused to comment.

Piatek’s lawyer Paul Liggieri called the incident “humiliating,” saying it was his client’s “saddest hour.”

Hey, choices have consequences. It's a private business, not the government. You never read a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?
Did you say the same thing with the baker.

You were just arguing that a private business can refuse service to anyone.

So now we can refuse service to "Obama voters" and people that hate Trump, good to know.

Subtle difference.

What you're wearing (or saying etc) falls under "behaviour". How one comports oneself. That they can do.

In the restaurant case above this waiter tried to filter his clients on the basis of what they look like. I think that's prolly a no-no under discrim laws. Also has nothing to do with politics. They didn't express anything, they simply have black hair etc.

Moreover the company canned him because he violated their own policy. If it actually was their policy it's a whole different ball game and interesting for other reasons. But the waiter took it upon himself.

The bigger question being, of course, where would this waiter get the idea to do that?
Where indeed, aye there's the rub.

You'll find a visual hint right below this line. ↓

Last edited:
More from the tolerant, freedom-loving alt-left. Seems like a clear case of discrimination based on political beliefs. I hope this bar owner doesn't suffer as a cake baking business did when they were sued...

The bar owner should consider donating any tax benefit that he might receive when Trump decreases personal taxes, you wouldn't want to accept such a policy from someone you dislike so much.

Bartenders at a West Village hot spot served up discrimination — with a liberal twist — refusing to serve a customer because he was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, according to a lawsuit.

Greg Piatek, 30, an accountant from Philadelphia, claims he was snubbed and eventually 86’d by workers at The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street over his conservative fashion statement, popularized by Donald Trump on the campaign trail, he told The Post.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims he was told as he was shown the door by a manager.

The shake-up started when Piatek and two pals, after a visit to the 9/11 Memorial, ordered drinks at the posh tavern around 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.

A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita and his pals beers. But when he tried to order a second round, a male bartender noticed his hat — and skipped them, he said.

One of Piatek’s pals pointed out it was their turn to be served, but the bartender scoffed. “Is that hat a joke?” the Manhattan Supreme Court suit claims.

“Immediately it clicked,” Piatek said, adding that bartenders didn’t see the pro-Trump slogan until he turned his back to the bar.

“Ignoring me because I’m wearing the hat is ridiculous,” Piatek said. “It’s really sad.”

The “flustered” bartender got them a second round but allegedly “slammed the drinks down.”

A third bartender also asked Piatek if his lid was a joke and shouted, “I can’t believe you would support someone so terrible and you must be as terrible a person!” Piatek claimed.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

A manager said he spoke to the bar owner, and was told, “Anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here. And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” according to the suit.

Bar owner Jon Neidich did not respond to calls. A manager at the bar refused to comment.

Piatek’s lawyer Paul Liggieri called the incident “humiliating,” saying it was his client’s “saddest hour.”
Look forward to him going to court and producing the evidence that he wasn't served (apparently he was) and that there are witnesses to people saying that it was because of his hat he "wasn't served".

Exactly....I would like to see those supporting him SHOW that the PA laws of NY include political stands. I look forward to them showing us that evidence. And if we see nothing, we know they've got nothing.

The SPLC is a biased incident in itself.
You may as well cite the KKK Times.

Once again, I made no mention of any "SPLC". No idea what you're on about. Nor have I mentioned "bakers". This is a restaurant. The customers were harassed for what they look like. Not by the restaurant but by one of its workers, on his own --- which, as long as he's employed there, does make it 'by the restaurant'. They seem to have rectified it.

And that's the greater point --- not whether a restaurant can or cannot exercise such a policy but where the waiter would get the idea to do this.

Last edited:

Hey, choices have consequences. It's a private business, not the government. You never read a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?
That's just it. They can't do that any more. Imagine a bar that refused to serve dark skinned people.

Look forward to him going to court and producing the evidence that he wasn't served (apparently he was) and that there are witnesses to people saying that it was because of his hat he "wasn't served".

Good point --- we have here only his side of the story. All that we muse on about the propriety of what might have gone down is based on one side only. That's not a legitimate point of departure.

Good point --- we have here only his side of the story. All that we muse on about the propriety of what might have gone down is based on one side only. That's not a legitimate point of departure.
It is for the R(ussian)Wrs who want to jump on this snowflake's bandwagon.

That's just it. They can't do that any more. Imagine a bar that refused to serve dark skinned people.
Indeed. I posted exactly that upstairs in 64.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

The subjects of this thread were not refused service. They admit to having been served several drinks. There is no evidence whether they had been drinking before they entered the bar. That is a problem often encountered by bar owners and bartenders. A person comes in that is already under the influence to one degree or another. This case will be about a troublemaker suspected of being intoxicated and causing a problem being bounced out of the bar to prevent a possible violent confrontation.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

The subjects of this thread were not refused service. They admit to having been served several drinks. There is no evidence whether they had been drinking before they entered the bar. That is a problem often encountered by bar owners and bartenders. A person comes in that is already under the influence to one degree or another. This case will be about a troublemaker suspected of being intoxicated and causing a problem being bounced out of the bar to prevent a possible violent confrontation.
That is supposition.

/----- when the bartender gets his Trump tax cut will he send the money back? Just asking.

Zackly --- again, all we have here is one side of the story. Can't make judgments on veracity from one side only, unless you're burning witches.

Forum List

Back