Guy wearing Trump hat sues bar for refusing to serve him

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
More from the tolerant, freedom-loving alt-left. Seems like a clear case of discrimination based on political beliefs. I hope this bar owner doesn't suffer as a cake baking business did when they were sued...

The bar owner should consider donating any tax benefit that he might receive when Trump decreases personal taxes, you wouldn't want to accept such a policy from someone you dislike so much.

Guy wearing Trump hat sues bar for refusing to serve him | New York Post

Bartenders at a West Village hot spot served up discrimination — with a liberal twist — refusing to serve a customer because he was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, according to a lawsuit.

Greg Piatek, 30, an accountant from Philadelphia, claims he was snubbed and eventually 86’d by workers at The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street over his conservative fashion statement, popularized by Donald Trump on the campaign trail, he told The Post.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims he was told as he was shown the door by a manager.

The shake-up started when Piatek and two pals, after a visit to the 9/11 Memorial, ordered drinks at the posh tavern around 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.

A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita and his pals beers. But when he tried to order a second round, a male bartender noticed his hat — and skipped them, he said.

One of Piatek’s pals pointed out it was their turn to be served, but the bartender scoffed. “Is that hat a joke?” the Manhattan Supreme Court suit claims.

“Immediately it clicked,” Piatek said, adding that bartenders didn’t see the pro-Trump slogan until he turned his back to the bar.

“Ignoring me because I’m wearing the hat is ridiculous,” Piatek said. “It’s really sad.”

The “flustered” bartender got them a second round but allegedly “slammed the drinks down.”

A third bartender also asked Piatek if his lid was a joke and shouted, “I can’t believe you would support someone so terrible and you must be as terrible a person!” Piatek claimed.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

A manager said he spoke to the bar owner, and was told, “Anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here. And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” according to the suit.

Bar owner Jon Neidich did not respond to calls. A manager at the bar refused to comment.

Piatek’s lawyer Paul Liggieri called the incident “humiliating,” saying it was his client’s “saddest hour.”

It is a private business so they should be able to refuse service. Now where are the Liberals spitting blood because someone was refused service ? Waiting, waiting .........

What's the difference between this and the baker refusing to make a faggot wedding cake?

The guy should sue the bar owner for discrimination, and cash in on the big bucks like the homos did with the baker. ..... :cool:

We do not know the case fully. Perhaps the man with the Trump hat was provoking customers who just wanted a beer without political stuff.

More from the tolerant, freedom-loving alt-left. Seems like a clear case of discrimination based on political beliefs. I hope this bar owner doesn't suffer as a cake baking business did when they were sued...

The bar owner should consider donating any tax benefit that he might receive when Trump decreases personal taxes, you wouldn't want to accept such a policy from someone you dislike so much.

Bartenders at a West Village hot spot served up discrimination — with a liberal twist — refusing to serve a customer because he was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, according to a lawsuit.

Greg Piatek, 30, an accountant from Philadelphia, claims he was snubbed and eventually 86’d by workers at The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street over his conservative fashion statement, popularized by Donald Trump on the campaign trail, he told The Post.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims he was told as he was shown the door by a manager.

The shake-up started when Piatek and two pals, after a visit to the 9/11 Memorial, ordered drinks at the posh tavern around 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.

A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita and his pals beers. But when he tried to order a second round, a male bartender noticed his hat — and skipped them, he said.

One of Piatek’s pals pointed out it was their turn to be served, but the bartender scoffed. “Is that hat a joke?” the Manhattan Supreme Court suit claims.

“Immediately it clicked,” Piatek said, adding that bartenders didn’t see the pro-Trump slogan until he turned his back to the bar.

“Ignoring me because I’m wearing the hat is ridiculous,” Piatek said. “It’s really sad.”

The “flustered” bartender got them a second round but allegedly “slammed the drinks down.”

A third bartender also asked Piatek if his lid was a joke and shouted, “I can’t believe you would support someone so terrible and you must be as terrible a person!” Piatek claimed.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

A manager said he spoke to the bar owner, and was told, “Anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here. And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” according to the suit.

Bar owner Jon Neidich did not respond to calls. A manager at the bar refused to comment.

Piatek’s lawyer Paul Liggieri called the incident “humiliating,” saying it was his client’s “saddest hour.”

Hey, choices have consequences. It's a private business, not the government. You never read a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?

Hey, choices have consequences. It's a private business, not the government. You never read a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?

Then cake bakers should have the same right, it's their business and they should have the right to refuse service.

You can't pick and choose

We do not know the case fully. Perhaps the man with the Trump hat was provoking customers who just wanted a beer without political stuff.

Lol! Do you always make excuses for people when they agree with your politics?

Right so we can all count on you to defend the next business that refuses service to a gay couple ?

Then cake bakers should have the same right, it's their business and they should have the right to refuse service.

I uh, didn't mention any "bakers".

Would you be saying the same if the person in question had been wearing a LGBT shirt ?
I would not advise anyone to wear provocative clothing in a place where people are drinking alcohol.

You didn't answer the question. Does a bar have the right to refuse service to anyone wearing a LGBT shirt?

You mentioned private business....stop your fucking deflecting

Politics is not included in the reasons you cannot discriminate. So I doubt he will win. To me it is a private business, the owner can do what he wants, and I won't frequent a business that discriminates because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, politics or tries to force a political opinion.

Lol! Do you always make excuses for people when they agree with your politics?
Politics should be left outside of a bar.

You're a waste of time.

Does a bar have the right to refuse service to someone wearing a LGBT shirt?

You mentioned private business....stop your fucking deflecting

Once again for the slow kids--- I didn't mention anything about "bakers". At all, ever. I did post a birthday thread for Ginger Baker once and that's as close as I got. So I'm not "picking and choosing" jack shit.

This is eerily similar to other cases, but in those situations it was "different" because it was based on religious belief, and those on the left don't want to defend that.

Look, I'm a Christian, and without question I would have baked a cake for someone. As long as I didn't have to bake something sexually explicit or offensive, I'm of the opinion that people are free to do as they please. It's the Libertarian in me. Whatever floats your boat, I answer to God through my actions and I don't worry about others choices. Your sexual orientation, and what you do in your own life, in the privacy of your own home, is not my business or societies, as long as you aren't breaking the law.

Regardless, if a baker didn't want to bake a cake for me, quite frankly I wouldn't want to give them any business so I would simply walk out, why should I care that they don't agree with my way of life? I believe just as I have my opinions so should others, even if they oppose mine. Also, it is THEIR business, their work, their loss of profit, who am I to force them to bake a cake? Sort of like forcing someone to buy health insurance...

Instead, this became a massive lawsuit, public shaming, caning and attack from the media and everyone who wanted their 15 minutes of fame. An example of "intolerant Christians" and the usual soapbox attacks by the left. A business, livelihoods and private lives ruined, for what? All because one person didn't get a cake they wanted baked? It was despicable, especially considering the endless number of much larger abuses that REALLY require attention.

So now we have a case such as this, many more I'm sure will follow. Assaults, denial of service, threats and the like, to anyone and everyone who wears a hat that states a patriotic message, "Make America Great Again". If all is to be accepted by the left in this manner, they should all be prepared to fund the lawsuits and abuses of these citizens for their political opinions and choice of clothing.

Would you be saying the same if the person in question had been wearing a LGBT shirt ?
I would not advise anyone to wear provocative clothing in a place where people are drinking alcohol.

You didn't answer the question. Does a bar have the right to refuse service to anyone wearing a LGBT shirt?
Let's put it this way: If it is a gay bar then he should be served.

Forum List

Back