Gutless!

Not withstanding my poor choice of adding Goldwater into the OP (though I still believe Goldwater would spin in his grave to see how his ideas have been inculcated into the rhetoric of Palin, Gingrich, Beck and other opportunists); in three pages no poster has offered the name of any R leader.
As I suggested, President's Lincoln, Roosevelt and Eisenhower would be ashamed, the GOP has become the party of hackneyed phrases and hysterical rants; and has produced not a single leader able, willing and brave enough to articulate a way forward.
If there is one, name him or her.
Because one doesn't exist, the kooks who post idiotgrams will attempt to censor the question.
Also a very sad commentary on the 'intelligence' of the far right.

Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

At last, thank you K.K,
Though Paul was rejected by the Republican Party in the summer of 2008, I suspect his influence in mainstream Republican politics is past; as for Johnson I was not familiar with him until your post. I read the bio online and admit he is an interesting yet still basically unknown prospect.

You have every wack in America there plus some good people. Not too impressive. Why? They and Beck don't represent the mainstream of America.
Mainstream America gave up on Washington years ago. Today elections are about ideologies and fantasies and have little to do with reality.

Obama promised America a healthcare system that he could not deliver. With a number of Democrats openly opposed to a single payers system, the plan was DOA. I suspect he knew this the day he took office.

Now, Republicans are promising to slash government spending which is just as much a fantasy as Obama's single payer healthcare system. If the Republicans held every seat in Congress, it wouldn't happen. Why? Because cutting out programs that are pouring billions of dollars into local communities would result in massive cuts at the local level, increasing unemployment and reducing consumer spending.

Meanwhile, mainstream America will continue their fight to keep their head above water, ignoring the silly idealogical fantasies being peddled by politicians and political pundants. The only ideology that mainstream America is interested in is the ideology of success.

It is a sad commentary on the Republican Party when there are no leaders to stand up and express outrage as the GOP is being hyjacked by extremists.
What would Sen. Goldwater, President DDE or President TR say in response to the jingoism, racisim, divisive language and references to "Second Amendment solutions" expressed by Republican members of Congress, former an active, and former and current Republican Governors ?
As titular leader of the Republicans we might expect Steele to speak out, and as possible nominees for the office of president one might expect Romeny or Barbour or Jindal to speak out for reason and honest debate, but they don't.
President's Lincoln, Roosevelt and Eisenhower would be ashamed, the GOP has become the party of hackneyed phrases and hysterical rants; and has produced not a single leader able, willing and brave enough to articulate a way forward.

The greats of the now dead Republican Party are many.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Senator Barry Goldwater.

Representative Bill Miller (Goldwater's Running mate in '64).

Senator Everett Dirkson.

Representative Hugh Scott.

The Repugs have been taken over people who want dictatorship in this country, Palin and simple.

You have every wack in America there plus some good people. Not too impressive. Why? They and Beck don't represent the mainstream of America.
Mainstream America gave up on Washington years ago. Today elections are about ideologies and fantasies and have little to do with reality.

Obama promised America a healthcare system that he could not deliver. With a number of Democrats openly opposed to a single payers system, the plan was DOA. I suspect he knew this the day he took office.

Now, Republicans are promising to slash government spending which is just as much a fantasy as Obama's single payer healthcare system. If the Republicans held every seat in Congress, it wouldn't happen. Why? Because cutting out programs that are pouring billions of dollars into local communities would result in massive cuts at the local level, increasing unemployment and reducing consumer spending.

Meanwhile, mainstream America will continue their fight to keep their head above water, ignoring the silly idealogical fantasies being peddled by politicians and political pundants. The only ideology that mainstream America is interested in is the ideology of success.

Mainstream America is diverse; there are of course commonalities but to suggest "success" is the one and only is absurd. And, of course, that depends on how success is defined.
Some may define success as wealth, others as health and still others as spiritual; the same person may define it differently during his/her lifetime.
If I had to guess, most Americans want a quality education for their kids, a safe community and affordable health care. How these are achieved is the big question.

It is a sad commentary on the Republican Party when there are no leaders to stand up and express outrage as the GOP is being hyjacked by extremists.
What would Sen. Goldwater, President DDE or President TR say in response to the jingoism, racisim, divisive language and references to "Second Amendment solutions" expressed by Republican members of Congress, former an active, and former and current Republican Governors ?
As titular leader of the Republicans we might expect Steele to speak out, and as possible nominees for the office of president one might expect Romeny or Barbour or Jindal to speak out for reason and honest debate, but they don't.
President's Lincoln, Roosevelt and Eisenhower would be ashamed, the GOP has become the party of hackneyed phrases and hysterical rants; and has produced not a single leader able, willing and brave enough to articulate a way forward.

Goldwater was an extremist. In fact he said "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice."
TR was a racist. Eisenhower was a Republican for no good reason.

But what about the Dems? Where are the party leaders like Ed Muskie, Hubert Humphrey, George McGovern, or Scoop Jackson? Why has that party been taken over by simps and crooks like Chris Dodd and Barney Frank? Humphrey was a WW2 vet, Frank's only battle has been on the buffet line.

It's not about the "Dems"; go to another thread and post your rants. Or, name one, just one Republican not afraid to confront the movement to the fringe by former Republicans who now identify themselves by a new label.
BTW, I've labeled you often, and I suspect you and I disagree on my honest assessment (or do you know in your heart i'm correct). So are you a Republican, a Libertarian, or a member of one of the many ad hoc elements which once were conservatives (social, fiscal or neo)?

1) When you moan about Republicans you can at least be factual. Bringing up Democrats brings home how much further and how much more corrupt that party has become.
2) Here ya go:Republican former U.S. senator endorses Sestak | Philadelphia Inquirer | 08/24/2010
Will you shut the fuck up now?
3) I am a Reagan Republican, have been since 1980.

Goldwater was an extremist. In fact he said "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice."

But what about the Dems? Where are the party leaders like Ed Muskie, Hubert Humphrey, George McGovern, or Scoop Jackson? Why has that party been taken over by simps and crooks like Chris Dodd and Barney Frank? Humphrey was a WW2 vet, Frank's only battle has been on the buffet line.

It's not about the "Dems"; go to another thread and post your rants. Or, name one, just one Republican not afraid to confront the movement to the fringe by former Republicans who now identify themselves by a new label.
BTW, I've labeled you often, and I suspect you and I disagree on my honest assessment (or do you know in your heart i'm correct). So are you a Republican, a Libertarian, or a member of one of the many ad hoc elements which once were conservatives (social, fiscal or neo)?

1) When you moan about Republicans you can at least be factual. Bringing up Democrats brings home how much further and how much more corrupt that party has become.
2) Here ya go:Republican former U.S. senator endorses Sestak | Philadelphia Inquirer | 08/24/2010

Straight out lie, RabidRabbit. You have proudly stated earlier you were not Republican, that you were some sort of libertarian. If you have become Republican since then, the party is in serious, serious trouble if it is recruiting the likes of you and your political philosophy.

Straight out lie, RabidRabbit. You have proudly stated earlier you were not Republican, that you were some sort of libertarian. If you have become Republican since then, the party is in serious, serious trouble if it is recruiting the likes of you and your political philosophy.

Please post a link. Otherwise STFU and apologize.
You have been pwned so many times in so many threads you are the village bicycle, Jakey.

Rabbi and I don't always agree, but I think we can both agree that he is not a libertarian.

You have been pwned so many times in so many threads you are the village bicycle, Jakey.

I have owned you from the beginning, you little freak. You are no more a real Republican than is Osama. Stuff it son.

Rabbi and I don't always agree, but I think we can both agree that he is not a libertarian.

Thanks.
Yes, we will agree on some issues. We will disagree on other issues.
But I think I can speak for both of us when I say that Jake Starkey is a loser.

You are projecting. But I will give you a chance. Stop lying, stop ad homming, and try to discuss the issues. If you do that, you can be taken seriously. No one of worth here does that right now.

I have owned you from the beginning, you little freak. You are no more a real Republican than is Osama. Stuff it son.

Post a link and retain a shred of credibility. Otherwise STFU, s0n.

You said it, that's enough. The fact that you would lie about it is proof enough as well. If you have become a member of the Party, then please do this. Simply vote and keep your mouth shut, because you talking is like the work of twenty little devils.

You said it, that's enough. The fact that you would lie about it is proof enough as well. If you have become a member of the Party, then please do this. Simply vote and keep your mouth shut, because you talking is like the work of twenty little devils.

colorkidcopy7cp.jpg

1. No. You're too biased to make any such judgment
2. No.
3. I'm so sorry.

colorkidcopy7cp.jpg

What would the idiot fringe do without the ability to cut and paste?

colorkidcopy7cp.jpg

I'd say yours and Jake's post count would be a lot smaller.

And I made that image. I didn't copy it from someone else.

colorkidcopy7cp.jpg

Hmm . . . daveman wearing a dress as a boy. That explains some things.

I think we need to just get down to the bottom line here. While it might be true that the Republican party is moving far right, and they are taking very seriously the huge issues that are facing this nation, but you have to be honest here - The Democratic party has moved far left as they too take seriously the huge issues this nation is facing.

The honest look would likely uncover the fact that it is the middle people who are the guttless. By that, I mean they don't have the gutts to get down to serous business for America. They are also the votes that both parties need to catch to win in November.

It is an interesting place we are in regarding the politics of this nation. Everyone is going to an extreme.

I think the reason we have not found a solid leader (neither has the Democratic party) is that it does absolutely have to be someone who is strong and Bold, willing to risk everything, and willing to own his position before he is nominated. It has to be someone who takes a stand, has good reasons for the stand, and does not show any signs of backing down on the main issues. That person will stand out at the right time. I think we will see one from each side who stands out. Pressure will push that person to the top.

Last edited:

I'd say yours and Jake's post count would be a lot smaller.

And I made that image. I didn't copy it from someone else.

Now, don't jump to conclusions. Why would you believe I thought you copied and pasted the above image? I suppose you also believe Fox News and Glen Beck's Rally yesterday was something other than to resotre honor to America. You probably think it was really an effort to help the Republican Party. Shame on you, why would anyone jump to that conclusion.

Forum List

Back