Guns and Assault Rifles are not the Problem, mentally ill people with Guns and assault rifles are the problem.

YES, it is.......moron.
More people shot...............more casualties.
A .22 will usually go right through a person, an AR- 15 round expands and ricochets, damaging more body parts. increasing that chance of dying.

22WMR is a much more powerful round than .22LR. It has almost twice as much muzzle energy as .22LR in some rounds, which gives it more punch when it hits the target. When a round of .22WMR hits the target, it can penetrate almost three times as far as .22LR.

A .22 WMR hollow point will expand too Idiot.

And if a .223 round is not a hollow point it will not "expand".

Getting shot with an AR is no more deadly than getting shot with any other rifle that fires the same round.

No, shit.

No, but it wobbles unlike a .22, expanding the hole in a person.

The SAME round?
Moving the goal post?
Of course, the round people use makes a difference.
Not moving the goal posts at all. I have always said that the AR is no more lethal than any other rifle that fires the same round.

So it seems to me you are actually whining about the .223 round and not the rifle that fires it.

Not moving the goal posts at all. I have always said that the AR is no more lethal than any other rifle that fires the same round.

So it seems to me you are actually whining about the .223 round and not the rifle that fires it.
Lighter weight, shorter and magazine capacity than other rifles NOT military style knockoffs.
NO, I'm not referring to sniper rifles either, the weapon the US military uses to clear a building or in combat.

Lighter weight, shorter and magazine capacity than other rifles NOT military style knockoffs.
NO, I'm not referring to sniper rifles either, the weapon the US military uses to clear a building or in combat.
can you rewrite that word salad?

The AR 15 is nothing but a semiautomatic rifle just like any other semiautomatic rifle.
Except.. it generally holds more ammo.. Duh!
From 2018:
AR-15-style rifles were around for more than 40 years before one was used in a mass killing, at an apartment in Crandon, Wis., in 2007. The shooter killed six people and then took his own life.

However, gunmen (and at least one gunwoman) have used AR-15-style weapons in most all of the deadliest shootings in this decade.
So, incredibly, cars have not taken over as the weapon of choice for killing schoolchildren en masse. AR-15-style rifles have..
Don't care.
Fine admission.

Words to bigly?
Figures, wait for a grade school kid, to explain them bigly words for you.
Dude the first line you wrote wasn't even a fucking sentence.

A mini 14 would kill just as many school kids as an AR 15 in the same amount of time and yet you whine about the AR 15 not the Mini 14

Dude the first line you wrote wasn't even a fucking sentence.
WOW, so, if I added the words "Were the" in front of the word "Words", could you figure it out?
A mini 14 would kill just as many school kids as an AR 15 in the same amount of time and yet you whine about the AR 15 not the Mini 14
Mini- 14?
Still a military style, lightweight knockoff.
If people were using mini-14's in mass shootings, or killing a bunch of people in the short time, I would want them restricted too.

1684243107832.jpeg

Ruger-Mini-14-Left-Magazine.jpg

Which one would a person grab to be most effective, maneuver with or better concealment?

WOW, so, if I added the words "Were the" in front of the word "Words", could you figure it out?

Mini- 14?
Still a military style, lightweight knockoff.
If people were using mini-14's in mass shootings, or killing a bunch of people in the short time, I would want them restricted too.

View attachment 786036

Ruger-Mini-14-Left-Magazine.jpg

Which one would a person grab to be most effective, maneuver with or better concealment?

I wouldn't grab a rifle as I am much better with handguns
Your argument is based on the popularity of a gun not its lethality

PEOPLE, yes............I agree.

Worthless.
Unless you are expecting, an Army or 50 gangbangers breaking down your door.
Or..................Playing Rambo.
Bullshit.

That's your worthless opinion.

over 20 million civilians own an AR 15 for LAWFUL purposes.

It is 100% irrelevant if a minuscule fraction of a percent of the rifles are used in crimes.

Bullshit.

That's your worthless opinion.
I bought rifles to hunt with, when I used to hunt, and pistols for self defense, which I rarely carry anyway unless going out of town.
The wife carries her 9mm more than I carry mine.
over 20 million civilians own an AR 15 for LAWFUL purposes.
YES, they do..............until............they DON'T.
Then there are criminals who steal them.
Are they stealing a 30-30 or an AR?
It is 100% irrelevant if a minuscule fraction of a percent of the rifles are used in crimes.
NOT even close to the point.
Like saying fentanyl only kills a small percentage of the 330 million people in the US.
SO...........What's the big deal?

They made it easier.

Trump Repeals Rule Designed To Block Gun Sales ...

NPR
https://www.npr.org › sections › thetwo-way › 2017/02/28
Feb 28, 2017 — The president signed a measure into law that rescinds an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to certain mentally ill people.
This link points out that Obama’s now over-ruled policy was passed in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre where 20 little first graders and six of their heroic teachers were murdered by a young gun nut and armed maniac.

What was to me so worrisome in that case was the initial response of millions of uninvolved mentally ill rightwing conspiracy nuts who argued vociferously that this mass murder was “faked” with liberal crisis actors and “nobody died” in this community (just an hours drive from NYC) — a mad obsession fanned by insane rightwing “media” stars like Alex Jones on his InfoWars program. Donald Trump appeared with Alex Jones not long afterwards:

On December 2, 2015, Donald Trump, then a presidential candidate, appeared on The Alex Jones Show, with Trump stating to Jones at the end: "your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down. You'll be very, very impressed, I hope." During the broadcast, Jones compared Trump to George Washington and said 90% of his listeners supported his candidacy. Jones and Trump both said the appearance was arranged by Roger Stone. — Wikipedia

Of course Jones supported Trump in 2016 and 2020 and still argues that the 2020 election was stolen … by a great bipartisan conspiracy.

This sort of madness in media and in society, regurgitated over and over again in infinite varieties, is pushed by MAGA lunatics on the internet and even corporate media outlets, and is a big reason the angry mentally ill get arsenals in the first place.

Sane conservatives, liberals and independents may also possess arms — but the nutty and aggrieved rightwing is extremely well armed, obsessed with conspiracies they believe require them to prepare for civil war, strongly opposed to “common sense” gun control measures (or any at all), and create an atmosphere where enraged and unstable gun owners increasingly flip out and act on their various obsessions — killing either targeted groups or even totally innocent strangers.

Last edited:
They are relevant, another day, another.............................

Farmington, New Mexico mass shooting: 3 dead, 2 officers ...

View attachment 785998
KOAT
https://www.koat.com › article › farmington-active-sh...
6 hours ago — Farmington Police say a shooter killed 3 civilians and injured 2 police officers. Police also say 4 other people were injured in the mass ...

FARMINGTON, N.M. —
Multiple agencies are investigating after a shooter left several injured and multiple dead in Farmington.

Farmington Police say a shooter killed 3 civilians and injured 2 police officers. Police also say 4 other people were injured in the mass shooting.

Police Chief Steve Hebbe said in a statement that the shooter had fired at least 3 different weapons, including an AR style rifle.
Victims should sue the shooters parents into oblivion

Sane conservatives, liberals and independents may also possess arms — but the nutty and aggrieved rightwing is extremely well armed, obsessed with conspiracies they believe require them to prepare for civil war, strongly opposed to “common sense” gun control measures....
What sense is there is unnecessary, ineffective, and unconstitutional restrictions om the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms?
and create an atmosphere where enraged and unstable gun owners increasingly flip out and act on their various obsessions — killing either targeted groups or even totally innocent strangers.
Demostrate the necessary relationship claimed here.

Forum List

Back