CDZ GUNS: a challenge to both liberals and conservatives

Of the choices offered to liberals and conservatives in the OP. . .

• I don't need to compromise as I can accept all or most.

• I can't accept any or most of the choices.

• I can accept the options for compromise given the liberals but not the conservatives.

• I can accept the options for compromise given the conservatives but not the liberals.

• Other that I will explain in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would hope that no one would compromise without getting something important to them in return. But again, if we can't even have the discussion of what we would be willing to compromise on in order to get a solution to gun crime, then there will be no solution.

Before we talk about what to give up, let's go back to the situation as it was in 1960 and THEN begin compromising. Expecting us to compromise after 55+ years of giving up rights isn't reasonable.

Yes it is reasonable if you want a solution to the problem. You know and I know that more gun control won't solve the problem. But when you are dealing with people who are convinced that it will, what we know doesn't count for much.

The conversation includes what each side is willing to do in order to solve a problem they both want solved and there will certainly be some give and take. But a conversation is not agreement or acquiescence to anything. It requires nothing but the time and effort to participate in it. But to refuse to have the conversation makes it really certain that the problem most likely won't get solved.
It’s becoming more and more clear you’re why we never get anywhere. You haven’t made it past step one in how many pages? You’re clearly a gun nut just looking to confuse obstruct delay distract misdirect us into status quo

Hey....Foxfyre....want to try compromising with this guy?

:) No. It's pretty obvious when you can't trust somebody to be honest about much of anything.
You tried to seem neutral but clearly you have a hidden agenda. You have nothing to offer and won’t give anything up. And nothing we say is right. It’s time to let us know your ideas. Or have we already heard enough

And we can easily see why there are not going to be any compromises. I shouldn't have to compromise one of my rights because of liberal bellyaching anyways. None of their solutions are going to stop lunatics from getting weapons and committing crimes.

[ The question is, what would you be willing to compromise on in order to get a solution to the problem?

Nothing, of course! There is no problem from the conservative point of view. I don't see why you suppose there is a problem for us? Just one for you, you want to grab everyone's guns but we won't let you.

Well that pretty well confirms that you haven't read much of the thread. :)

I've read the whole thread, of course. No compromise. The lambs should not compromise with the wolves, and you guys are the wolves: you want everyone disarmed and under total cradle-to-grave control of government. We're not doing that.

Stay loyal to all allies, people. Know who your enemies are and don't give them ANYthing. Or they will certainly take everything and leave us all vulnerable to constant crime and marauding, as has already happened in England and Europe.

I would hope that no one would compromise without getting something important to them in return. But again, if we can't even have the discussion of what we would be willing to compromise on in order to get a solution to gun crime, then there will be no solution.

Before we talk about what to give up, let's go back to the situation as it was in 1960 and THEN begin compromising. Expecting us to compromise after 55+ years of giving up rights isn't reasonable.

Yes it is reasonable if you want a solution to the problem. You know and I know that more gun control won't solve the problem. But when you are dealing with people who are convinced that it will, what we know doesn't count for much.

The conversation includes what each side is willing to do in order to solve a problem they both want solved and there will certainly be some give and take. But a conversation is not agreement or acquiescence to anything. It requires nothing but the time and effort to participate in it. But to refuse to have the conversation makes it really certain that the problem most likely won't get solved.
It’s becoming more and more clear you’re why we never get anywhere. You haven’t made it past step one in how many pages? You’re clearly a gun nut just looking to confuse obstruct delay distract misdirect us into status quo

This is why it is a mistake to take certain posters here with any kind of serious intent. You cannot have a reasonable discussion with an irrational fearful and confused liberal. :)
What did I say wrong? Why are you being so unreasonable? I'm just trying to get an honest discussion going. If your position is get your fucking hands off my guns and you will not go along with any new gun regulations or laws, then just fucking say so you coward. And then the voters can decide if they agree with you or not.

Why should anyone take you seriously? You want to protect the status quo. That's where we keep having more and more violent rampages in this country. You offer nothing as far as a solution to lower the deaths that come from these events.

I guess until it happens to someone you love you'll continue to be an ignorant fool who wants to allow nuts to get their hands on high powered weapons. You want ISIS to get guns in America. Me? I want it to be impossible for them to get a gun but you can as long as you register it.

I think you gun nuts are already worked up and no one has even suggested taking your guns.

Cops don't carry assault weapons so why do citizens have these? Maybe the cops need to start carrying more high powered military style weapons so they can handle the people who are strapped better than even the cops.

Do you even have anything to offer the conversation other than get your hands off my guns xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
And we can easily see why there are not going to be any compromises. I shouldn't have to compromise one of my rights because of liberal bellyaching anyways. None of their solutions are going to stop lunatics from getting weapons and committing crimes.
See? You aren't even willing to compromise. You shouldn't have to is your position. So stop even talking about a compromise. The compromise will come in the form of laws. If you can't purchase a 20 round clip, you have compromised ChrisL. Don't you see? And if Republicans don't pass these common sense laws they are going to get voted out of office. So right now you don't have to compromise. Let the school shootings continue and eventually Republicans will pay for their inaction.

[ The question is, what would you be willing to compromise on in order to get a solution to the problem?

Nothing, of course! There is no problem from the conservative point of view. I don't see why you suppose there is a problem for us? Just one for you, you want to grab everyone's guns but we won't let you.

I've read the whole thread, of course. No compromise. The lambs should not compromise with the wolves, and you guys are the wolves: you want everyone disarmed and under total cradle-to-grave control of government. We're not doing that.

Stay loyal to all allies, people. Know who your enemies are and don't give them ANYthing. Or they will certainly take everything and leave us all vulnerable to constant crime and marauding, as has already happened in England and Europe.

You will be ok if you can't buy bump stocks right? That's a compromise right there stupid.

Banning Bump Stocks
Congress started looking at banning “bump stocks,” which can make a legal semiautomatic weapon function like an illegal automatic weapon, after the device was used in the Las Vegas shooting in October. As Trump looked for new gun measures he could back in the days after Parkland, he directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose regulations to ban bump stocks.

The problem is that during previous reviews, federal agencies concluded that they don’t have the authority to regulate the devices. On Monday Trump declared he’s ready to act unilaterally, saying, “I’m writing that out myself. I don’t care if Congress does it or not. I am writing it out myself” — but he may not have the legal authority to do so.

Will It Happen? Banning bump stocks may be one of the few gun control measures that can make it through Congress. Whether they’ll actually do it, even with pressure from Trump, is another question.

Raising the Minimum Age for Buying Assault Rifles
During meetings last week, Trump defied the NRA, saying the age for legal purchase of “all” guns should be raised from 18 to 21. A spokesperson later said he was only talking about semiautomatic weapons.

Will It Happen? Probably not. After the NRA publicly rejected the idea, Trump appeared to change his position. “He’s obviously moving back from that,” a GOP congressional source told CNN. A few Senate Republicans signaled they might support a Democratic bill to “raise the minimum purchase age for non-military buyers from 18 to 21,” but even with aggressive support from Trump it would be a tough sell in the GOP.

Strengthening Background Checks
Five days after the shooting in Florida, the White House announced that Trump supports a background check bill that was created in response to another mass shooting in November. Without getting into specifics, Trump repeatedly voiced support for stronger background checks.

The bill the White House was referring to, the Fix NICS Act, creates new incentives to improve reporting to the federal background check system, but even its proponents say it barely qualifies as a plan to “strengthen” the system. It does nothing to close various loopholes, which allow a significant number of gun sales to proceed without a background check. THIS HAS TO END.

This is why it is a mistake to take certain posters here with any kind of serious intent. You cannot have a reasonable discussion with an irrational fearful and confused liberal. :)
What did I say wrong? Why are you being so unreasonable? I'm just trying to get an honest discussion going. If your position is get your fucking hands off my guns and you will not go along with any new gun regulations or laws, then just fucking say so you coward. And then the voters can decide if they agree with you or not.

Why should anyone take you seriously? You want to protect the status quo. That's where we keep having more and more violent rampages in this country. You offer nothing as far as a solution to lower the deaths that come from these events.

I guess until it happens to someone you love you'll continue to be an ignorant fool who wants to allow nuts to get their hands on high powered weapons. You want ISIS to get guns in America. Me? I want it to be impossible for them to get a gun but you can as long as you register it.

I think you gun nuts are already worked up and no one has even suggested taking your guns.

Cops don't carry assault weapons so why do citizens have these? Maybe the cops need to start carrying more high powered military style weapons so they can handle the people who are strapped better than even the cops.

Do you even have anything to offer the conversation other than get your hands off my guns you filthy ape?

No...we don't have more and more violent rampages...they are about the same as we have always had....and if you are really concerned about dead people...then lead a movement to ban knives..since knives murder more people every single year than all rifles combined......but you don't care about dead people or dead children....you will use them, but you don't care about them....you hate guns, and you want them banned.....and these dead children give you the emotional power to push banning AR-15s........over 8 million of them in private hands that never harmed anyone....now that is crazy...

Cops carry the AR-15 in the trunks of their cars.....they do not carry assault rifles as you point out. They carry the civilian, AR-15 rifle.....my relative, a cop, has one in his squad car...as do all the other cops in all the other towns...

American citizens provide these weapons to our soldiers and police...we are their employers...not their subjects.....any weapon we provide them, we get to own.....that is how you keep a society free...

Enough with your gun bans and useless laws that only affect the law abiding citizens. Enough is enough. Time to tell the liberals to get lost with their crappy ideas that never work.

During meetings last week, Trump defied the NRA, saying the age for legal purchase of “all” guns should be raised from 18 to 21. A spokesperson later said he was only talking about semiautomatic weapons.

Will It Happen? Probably not. After the NRA publicly rejected the idea, Trump appeared to change his position. “He’s obviously moving back from that,” a GOP congressional source told CNN. A few Senate Republicans signaled they might support a Democratic bill to “raise the minimum purchase age for non-military buyers from 18 to 21,” but even with aggressive support from Trump it would be a tough sell in the GOP.

Five days after the shooting in Florida, the White House announced that Trump supports a background check bill that was created in response to another mass shooting in November. Without getting into specifics, Trump repeatedly voiced support for stronger background checks.

The bill the White House was referring to, the Fix NICS Act, creates new incentives to improve reporting to the federal background check system, but even its proponents say it barely qualifies as a plan to “strengthen” the system. It does nothing to close various loopholes, which allow a significant number of gun sales to proceed without a background check. THIS HAS TO END.

The bill the White House was referring to, the Fix NICS Act, creates new incentives to improve reporting to the federal background check system, but even its proponents say it barely qualifies as a plan to “strengthen” the system. It does nothing to close various loopholes, which allow a significant number of gun sales to proceed without a background check. THIS HAS TO END

When you post that, we know you are uninformed or lying......there are no loopholes in the background check laws....the School shooter did not use a loophole, none of the other mass shooters used a loophole.....criminals don't use loopholes, they use straw buyers who can pass any background check.....or they steal their guns........

When you refuse to be honest, how do you expect to discuss the issue?

The only reason anti gunners want background checks on private sales is to get gun registration...which they know gives them the ability to collect guns when they finally have the political power to do it....registration was the first step in confiscation in Britain, Germany, Australis, Canada, New York, California.....we know the history, so there is no compromise on universal background checks...

Enough with your gun bans and useless laws that only affect the law abiding citizens. Enough is enough. Time to tell the liberals to get lost with their crappy ideas that never work.

We will see them at the ballot box.......there is a reason obama and his minions didn't pass any gun laws when they controlled the government for 2 years....

You will be ok if you can't buy bump stocks right? That's a compromise right there stupid.

Banning Bump Stocks
Congress started looking at banning “bump stocks,” which can make a legal semiautomatic weapon function like an illegal automatic weapon, after the device was used in the Las Vegas shooting in October. As Trump looked for new gun measures he could back in the days after Parkland, he directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose regulations to ban bump stocks.

The problem is that during previous reviews, federal agencies concluded that they don’t have the authority to regulate the devices. On Monday Trump declared he’s ready to act unilaterally, saying, “I’m writing that out myself. I don’t care if Congress does it or not. I am writing it out myself” — but he may not have the legal authority to do so.

Will It Happen? Banning bump stocks may be one of the few gun control measures that can make it through Congress. Whether they’ll actually do it, even with pressure from Trump, is another question.

Your solutions SUCK. It's like putting a Band-Aid on a slashed carotid artery, while your side refuses to talk about REAL issues, as you scream "racism." Fools.

Do you even have anything to offer the conversation other than get your hands off my guns you filthy ape?

No...we don't have more and more violent rampages...they are about the same as we have always had....and if you are really concerned about dead people...then lead a movement to ban knives..since knives murder more people every single year than all rifles combined......but you don't care about dead people or dead children....you will use them, but you don't care about them....you hate guns, and you want them banned.....and these dead children give you the emotional power to push banning AR-15s........over 8 million of them in private hands that never harmed anyone....now that is crazy...

Cops carry the AR-15 in the trunks of their cars.....they do not carry assault rifles as you point out. They carry the civilian, AR-15 rifle.....my relative, a cop, has one in his squad car...as do all the other cops in all the other towns...

American citizens provide these weapons to our soldiers and police...we are their employers...not their subjects.....any weapon we provide them, we get to own.....that is how you keep a society free...

See why you can't reason with the unreasonable?

I know because everything you libs have done so far has worked out SO WELL. Lol. You loons have done nothing but make things worse for everyone. GTF out of town.
You're pretty liberal yourself Chris. Other than being a gun nut. I have a British friend here at work. He's a total brainwashed conservative too until we start talking about Britans national healthcare system and gun policies.

You believe in evolution still right? And you don't think gays are evil right? And you understand global warming is real. And you want your social security and medicare right? You were a fan of the ACA remember?

What makes you so conservative all of the sudden?

I know because everything you libs have done so far has worked out SO WELL. Lol. You loons have done nothing but make things worse for everyone. GTF out of town.
You're pretty liberal yourself Chris. Other than being a gun nut. I have a British friend here at work. He's a total brainwashed conservative too until we start talking about Britans national healthcare system and gun policies.

You believe in evolution still right? And you don't think gays are evil right? And you understand global warming is real. And you want your social security and medicare right? You were a fan of the ACA remember?

I am far from being a liberal. The only "gun nuts" are the liberals who want to ban them. As if their government is some kind of "superior" authority over the sheeples. You can be a sheep. Don't own a gun, but don't try to tell me what I can or cannot own because of your own fear or lack of confidence, or whatever. You liberals are FAR too intrusive.

Banning Bump Stocks

Your solutions SUCK. It's like putting a Band-Aid on a slashed carotid artery, while your side refuses to talk about REAL issues, as you scream "racism." Fools.
There is no one solution Chris. Our solutions won't infringe on your 2nd amendment rights but will lower the number of rampages that happen in America every year.

What makes us so violent Chris?

What makes American society so violent? 4 essential reads

Why is America the Rich World’s Most Extremely Violent Society?

school shootings every 2.7 days are a uniquely American development. Yet they’re not really the uniquely and singularly gruesome American phenomenon — violence itself is.

Here’s a fact that might shock you. Did you know that America isn’t just the most violent nation in the industrialized world — but an off the charts extreme outlier”? Iceland is the world’s most peaceful society. Canada is the world’s 7th most peaceful society. America is the 94th.

Probably because even our women are extreme assholes like ChrisL

I am far from being a liberal. The only "gun nuts" are the liberals who want to ban them. As if their government is some kind of "superior" authority over the sheeples. You can be a sheep. Don't own a gun, but don't try to tell me what I can or cannot own because of your own fear or lack of confidence, or whatever. You liberals are FAR too intrusive.

Sorry but not every person in America should have one of these

That's a 20 round clip. Cut it in half and stfu

Banning Bump Stocks

There is no one solution Chris. Our solutions won't infringe on your 2nd amendment rights but will lower the number of rampages that happen in America every year.

What makes us so violent Chris?

What makes American society so violent? 4 essential reads

Why is America the Rich World’s Most Extremely Violent Society?

school shootings every 2.7 days are a uniquely American development. Yet they’re not really the uniquely and singularly gruesome American phenomenon — violence itself is.

Here’s a fact that might shock you. Did you know that America isn’t just the most violent nation in the industrialized world — but an off the charts extreme outlier”? Iceland is the world’s most peaceful society. Canada is the world’s 7th most peaceful society. America is the 94th.

Probably because even our women are extreme assholes like ChrisL

Guns have been around since LONG before these school shooting incidents. It's because of liberals and self entitlement culture full of spoiled brats who cannot cope with disappointment.

When the criminals and the government lay down then arms (along with the rest of the world), then I would give it some thought. Until then, fuck that.
You don't get a choice. If our government tells gun manufacturers to stop making something that's it. You don't get a seat at the table babe.

Forum List

Back