Gunman goes on rampage in liberal utopia; 6 dead, 11 wounded.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
6 killed, 11 wounded in Dutch mall shooting | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Near Amsterdam, in the liberal utopia of Denmark, a gunman went into a shopping mall with a fully-automatic weapon and opened fire. 6 dead, 11 wounded, including the suspect dead.

This thread is to be mostly non-partisan, but with a point. That article also explains how in the same area, a right wing politician was murdered by an animal rights activist, and a cartoonist was murdered by a radical Muslim.

So, gun laws, and a society that embraces tolerance of all things and is the most liberal area of the world imo, is not immune from anything.

This should be a lesson that blaming others for the violence of some sick whackos isn't right. I took note of the citizen quoted as saying they expect stuff like that in America, but not there. Well, again, NO LAW can prevent violence. Guns are incredibly harder to get in Denmark, and fully auto weapons are outright illegal (Whereas in America, they aren't, you just need a Class III license), yet, those laws and a very socially liberal society doesn't prevent the violence.

Just a thought.

6 killed, 11 wounded in Dutch mall shooting | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Near Amsterdam, in the liberal utopia of Denmark, a gunman went into a shopping mall with a fully-automatic weapon and opened fire. 6 dead, 11 wounded, including the suspect dead.
First of all, both this mall and Amsterdam are in The Netherlands, not Denmark.

This thread is to be mostly non-partisan, but with a point. That article also explains how in the same area, a right wing politician was murdered by an animal rights activist, and a cartoonist was murdered by a radical Muslim.
Yeah, the "non-partisan" part was made pretty clear by your title...."Liberal Utopia" my ass...
:rolleyes:

So, gun laws, and a society that embraces tolerance of all things and is the most liberal area of the world imo, is not immune from anything.
Why don't you give examples of how "liberal utopian" the Netherlands is?

This should be a lesson that blaming others for the violence of some sick whackos isn't right. I took note of the citizen quoted as saying they expect stuff like that in America, but not there. Well, again, NO LAW can prevent violence. Guns are incredibly harder to get in Denmark, and fully auto weapons are outright illegal (Whereas in America, they aren't, you just need a Class III license), yet, those laws and a very socially liberal society doesn't prevent the violence.

Just a thought.

You know there's under 10 murders committed with guns each year in the Netherlands?

My old block in Bed Stuy has a higher crime rate. I'm not sure what your point is - is it that people still sneak guns in, even though they're illegal? Perhaps because they're so "liberal", right?

I bet money the OP has never set foot out the the US?

Any takers?

got to hate seeing a conservative American making lite of dead people, all for an political score. Typical.

Yeah, the "non-partisan" part was made pretty clear by your title...."Liberal Utopia" my ass...

Just a thought.

You know there's under 10 murders committed with guns each year in the Netherlands?

My old block in Bed Stuy has a higher crime rate. I'm not sure what your point is - is it that people still sneak guns in, even though they're illegal? Perhaps because they're so "liberal", right?

was columbine a "liberal utopia"? was "virginia tech"?

next he'll post a thread about how libs hate guns...

i wish the loons would make up their minds.

Just a thought.

was columbine a "liberal utopia"? was "virginia tech"?

next he'll post a thread about how libs hate guns...

i wish the loons would make up their minds.

I think his point is that even though guns are illegal, people still get killed with them.

If that's the point he wants to make, he's missing the fact that there's about one gun murder for every 500,000 people in the Netherlands... compared to the 1:30,000 ratio here in the US.

Just a thought.

denmark is a constitutional monarchy and not a liberal utopia.

this is immaterial in that amsterdam is in the netherlands which, come to think of it, is also a constitutional monarchy.

using a tragedy perpetrated by an individual who is either unbalanced or just plain evil say something about the OP, and it ain't good, imo.

just a thought

Forum List

Back