Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

It's really just common sense. Who is more likely to commit a crime? A person who has money and things and feels they have a good future? Or somebody who grows up poor with nothing and feels thats as good as it's going to get? The person with nothing to lose is much more likely to turn to crime. Do you have common sense?

Here are the effects of income inequality for you:
This Is How Income Inequality Destroys Societies - Business Insider

The DC shooter was suffering from poverty in his well paid high tech job?
The joker had no future beyond finishing his masters degree ?
Adam Lanza grew up poor in his parents mansion in CT.

Bullshit.

I grew up in a bloody terrace house in Yorkshire and a wattle house in Zambia.
Neither had heat or ac.
One had no hot or cold water, no electricity and needed to be pretty much re built after a rain storm.

Why am I, or any if the people I grew up with, violent criminals, murderers or mass shooters?

Way to blame the victims and incite murder against whites!

The right keeps bringing up gangs. These statistics show a link between homicides and inequality. Mass shooters are obviously crazy.

That was hilarious.

Statistics also show a link between homicide and the full moon, that must mean astrology is true.

The above sentence is why you will never understand how stupid you are.

In your opinion, is gun violence a public safety issue? If not, why not?

Because it is a symptom, not the disease.

We need to deal with the factors that lead to dehumanization of urban youth in general. If we figure out how to fix that they won't go looking for answers on their own, won't end up in gangs, and the gun violence symptom will disappear.
And the one glaring factor you overlooked: the supply and easy of obtaining weapons capable of firing multiple rounds at a high rate of speed. Maybe, just maybe that has something to do with the public safety.

That isn't a factor in urban overcrowding, is it?

And the one glaring factor you overlooked: the supply and easy of obtaining weapons capable of firing multiple rounds at a high rate of speed. Maybe, just maybe that has something to do with the public safety.

what is a high rate of speed these days
Faster than the muzzle loading muskets the 2nd amendment was written for.

The 2nd Amendment was written for muzzle loaders like this.

Cannon,_Ch%C3%A2teau_du_Haut-Koenigsbourg,_France.jpg

And we all knew that the gun lovers would spend time picking fly shit out of ground pepper and concentrate on the rate of fire, not the fact that gang bangers are not skilled marksmen and actually require a fast rate of fire to hit what they intend to and have time for escape.

Gun violence a public safety issue? Absolutely. Especially when the guns used in violent crime are designed for warfare, not sport. But what do the gun lovers care? They want the big sexy guns (penis extensions) so they can fantasize about being an action movie star. Never a concern for the violence those guns cause, just the little boy thrill of shooting like Rambo or Dirty Harry.

Speaking as a guy who has trouble hitting the broadside of a barn I can tell you from experience that shooting faster decreases the chance of hitting anything.

Uhhh, no. I see that as kids and grownups who don't know any better. That is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "We have a gang problem because of our income inequality"? Snort.

I live under the poverty level. Do you see me in a gang? Do I look like I should be compelled to kill someone because they make more money than me? By what logic?

Wow. Just wow.

It's really just common sense. Who is more likely to commit a crime? A person who has money and things and feels they have a good future? Or somebody who grows up poor with nothing and feels thats as good as it's going to get? The person with nothing to lose is much more likely to turn to crime. Do you have common sense?

The Menendez Brothers, notorious killers of their parents ? truTV's Crime Library ? Prelude ? Crime Library on truTV.com

Only brainless morons think like you do.

Funny how all the statistics and studies are on my side. Why is the right always wrong about everything?

The Menendez Brothers, notorious killers of their parents ? truTV's Crime Library ? Prelude ? Crime Library on truTV.com

Only brainless morons think like you do.

Funny how all the statistics and studies are on my side. Why is the right always wrong about everything?

If the statistics and studies were actually on your side there would be a spike in crime during every recession, and the crime rate in the US would be increasing every year because your mythical income inequality has increased steadily since the Reagan years. Did that happen?

Didn't think so.

You are full of shit, and too stupid to realize that you are relying on psuedo-science.

On the other hand, you should get along well with rdean, all you need to remember is 6% and 90%.

That is your problem, not mine, but I do enjoy mocking your stupidity.

Last edited:

If the statistics and studies were actually on your side there would be a spike in crime during every recession, and the crime rate in the US would be increasing every year because your mythical income inequality has increased steadily since the Reagan years. Did that happen?

Didn't think so.

You are full of shit, and too stupid to realize that you are relying on psuedo-science.

On the other hand, you should get along well with rdean, all you need to remember is 6% and 90%.

All your showing is that you have no common sense. Your also not smart enough to use studies and statistics. Really you just talk out of your rear all the time. :clap2:

Didn't think so.

All your showing is that you have no common sense. Your also not smart enough to use studies and statistics. Really you just talk out of your rear all the time. :clap2:

You didn't like the I dependant study I posted about UK mass shootings since 1909.

10 mass shootings in 88 years, then after the firearms act of 1997 there were 14 in 16 years!!!
What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?
Why do you want more mass shootings?

[

You didn't like the I dependant study I posted about UK mass shootings since 1909.

10 mass shootings in 88 years, then after the firearms act of 1997 there were 14 in 16 years!!!
What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

not true, because they have a mass shooting in the UK about once every 14 years.

As opposed to the US, where we have one every few months.

[

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

not true, because they have a mass shooting in the UK about once every 14 years.

Yet the facts, independently collated facts that I linked to showed otherwise.
It listed the names of the killers, the location of the crime and the numbers killed.
If facts are in convienient you will ignore them, right?

Look at Kenya.
The 1991 firearms act and the 2012 extension of the same.
Strict and intense background checks, psych testing, all auto and semi auto weapons are banned, handguns banned, only course qualified hunters may own weapons, strict firearms and ammunition register yet they have just suffered a massive shooting incident.

You going to deny that fact too?

[

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

It listed the names of the killers, the location of the crime and the numbers killed.

Look at Kenya.
Strict and intense background checks, psych testing, all auto and semi auto weapons are banned, handguns banned, only course qualified hunters may own weapons, strict firearms and ammunition register yet they have just suffered a massive shooting incident.

Um, yeah, an organized terrorist army from another country is probably going to be a problem no matter what you do, guy.

And your "collated facts" were such horseshit you couldn't sell them as manure.

38 gun deaths in the UK vs. 11,101 in the US.

Someone ain't doing it right, and it ain't the Brits.

[

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

Once every fourteen years?
Link ?

But let's take a look.
The well reported mass killings.
Hungerford , before the 1997 firearms act
Dunblaine, before the firearms act.
Cumbria, after the firearms act.

Roughly 14 years between each.
One was after the ban, telling us what ?

One every fourteen years before the ban!
One every fourteen years post ban!

Great success, changed nothing!!!

That's using your data. Provided by a nanny state offering empty assurance to its dependent people.

Yet an organization that collates evidence from local news sources, that were never reported nationwide( no free press in the UK) shows a different story.

So your opinion is we need to ban guns so that nothing will change.
Mine is that gun bans will cause an explosion in the numbers of gun crimes and shooting spree's

Look at Kenya.

Um, yeah, an organized terrorist army from another country is probably going to be a problem no matter what you do, guy.

And your "collated facts" were such horseshit you couldn't sell them as manure.

38 gun deaths in the UK vs. 11,101 in the US.

Someone ain't doing it right, and it ain't the Brits.

Your dragging these figures out of your arse .
No link?
No supporting evidence?

You are a liar, not like that isn't an established fact already!!

Organized terrorist army?
How many gunmen make an army?
They walked across the border, carrying guns that were not allowed?
But there was a ban!!
So the ban didn't work ?
Correct ?

Didn't think so.

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

As we determined since Australia has more people living in cities it's a better example. Australia has had no mass shooting since gun control.

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

As we determined since Australia has more people living in cities it's a better example. Australia has had no mass shooting since gun control.

Australia has more people living in cities than the UK?

You fucking dope.
UK, tiny land mass of one larger island and several smaller islands with a population of 70million, the majority of whom live in an urban or suburban setting. 5 major cities .
Australia, 22 million people, massive land mass, several islands, no nearby continents, it's like comparing apples and oranges.
Usa, porus land border to the N and S.
UK open borders as per EU law.
Australia an island far from any large continental mainland
With reasonable border security.
And they have had mass shootings since gun control.

Code:
Faster than the muzzle loading muskets the 2nd amendment was written for.

The 2nd Amendment was written for muzzle loaders like this.

Cannon,_Ch%C3%A2teau_du_Haut-Koenigsbourg,_France.jpg
Is this the typical weapon used to rob convenience stores and kill scores of harmless people in theaters and schools?

What battlefield weapon has?
Which weapon is used to defend against these attacks?
Several hundred defensive uses of firearms every day.

What's that?
Nearly 10 times more?

Australia has more people living in cities than the UK?

You fucking dope.
UK, tiny land mass of one larger island and several smaller islands with a population of 70million, the majority of whom live in an urban or suburban setting. 5 major cities .
Australia, 22 million people, massive land mass, several islands, no nearby continents, it's like comparing apples and oranges.
Usa, porus land border to the N and S.
UK open borders as per EU law.
Australia an island far from any large continental mainland
With reasonable border security.
And they have had mass shootings since gun control.

I posted the numbers, Australia has the highest percent living in cities. Tell me about these mass shootings then.

Forum List

Back