Gun store that sold AR-15 to school shooter closes shop

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

I believe that most 99% of gun store owners are good people just trying to run a legitimate business. They're not looking to cause harm or promote crime. I don't think harassing gun store owners who follow the rules is helpful and I hope these people are NEVER harassed.

They obviously feel some remorse, a sense of responsibility even though they did nothing wrong. Which shows they are normal human beings who feel an attachment to their fellow human beings, a sense of responsibility most of us feel to protect children.

No gun store owner should have to contend with the guilt of finding out they sold a gun to a killer or worse a mass murderer. These people could be a great asset in coming up with ways to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

No reasonable person wants to "grab" your guns or take away your rights. But tell us how to keep the wrong people, dangerous or unstable people from getting guns. How do we separate them from their guns without touching your rights. If you say impossible, you're probably hiding something, scared about something in your background that might result in you losing your guns. How could I possibly know this?

I talked with dozens of gun owner friends over the weekend. NONE of them said Impossible. They ALL said, I know, something has to be done.

I believe that most 99% of gun store owners are good people just trying to run a legitimate business. They're not looking to cause harm or promote crime. I don't think harassing gun store owners who follow the rules is helpful and I hope these people are NEVER harassed.

They obviously feel some remorse, a sense of responsibility even though they did nothing wrong. Which shows they are normal human beings who feel an attachment to their fellow human beings, a sense of responsibility most of us feel to protect children.

No gun store owner should have to contend with the guilt of finding out they sold a gun to a killer or worse a mass murderer. These people could be a great asset in coming up with ways to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

No reasonable person wants to "grab" your guns or take away your rights. But tell us how to keep the wrong people, dangerous or unstable people from getting guns. How do we separate them from their guns without touching your rights. If you say impossible, you're probably hiding something, scared about something in your background that might result in you losing your guns. How could I possibly know this?

I talked with dozens of gun owner friends over the weekend. NONE of them said Impossible. They ALL said, I know, something has to be done.

They did nothing wrong. The system failed. He passed the federal background and obviously acted normal enough when purchasing the weapon. The guy I get my guns from told me that they do have discretion if they think someone is a drug user or mentally unstable.

They did nothing wrong. The system failed. He passed the federal background and obviously acted normal enough when purchasing the weapon. The guy I get my guns from told me that they do have discretion if they think someone is a drug user or mentally unstable.

Yes. That's what I said. They did nothing wrong.

Gun store owners want to help ID straw buyers and unstable people.

The system failed terribly. From Broward county law enforcement, to dcf, to school officials, to the fbi.

Gotta love the "accuracy" in the media's reporting these days

Michael and Lisa Morrison, owners of Sunrise Tactical Supply in Coral Springs, Fla., sold the AR-15 automatic rifle to Cruz in February 2017

/——/ And a Chevrolet dealership closed down because they sold a car used in a vehicular homicide.

No reasonable person wants to "grab" your guns or take away your rights.

When you throw in the world reasonable I agree with you, but that's exactly the issue. Most people on the gun control side aren't reasonable.

Then you know very few gun owners. Nice try though...

Was this guy not reported to the FBI even?

So FBI can't catch him, but a gun store is supposed to?

Maybe if the school / FBI did their job, nothing would have happened. It's not like the guy didn't outright declare that he's going to be a school shooter.

But of course there are still some people out there who think that weapons shoot themselves. People who take zero responsibility for their favored schools and government institutions. It's always the guns, never the people.

Was this guy not reported to the FBI even?

So FBI can't catch him, but gun store is supposed to?

Maybe if the school / FBI did their job, nothing would have happened. It's not like the guy didn't outright declare that he's going to be a school shooter.

But of course there are still some people out there who think that weapons shoot themselves. People who take zero responsibility about their favored schools and government institutions. It's always the guns, never the people.
/----/ "But of course there are still some people out there who think that weapons shoot themselves." except when a police officer shoots a criminal attacking him then these same libtards blame the cop not the gun.

Forum List

Back