Gun Rights Victory: Some DC Gun Laws Struck Down - 'Un-Constitutional'!

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"A federal appeals court has struck down as unconstitutional parts of Washington, D.C.'s gun laws.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled 2-1 Friday that the city cannot require gun owners to re-register a gun every three years, make a gun available for inspection, or pass a test about firearms laws. The court also struck down a ban on registering more than one pistol per month.

The court upheld other parts of the law, such as requiring gun owners to be fingerprinted and photographed and to complete a safety training course.

The District of Columbia passed the laws after a landmark 2008 Supreme Court decision that struck down a ban on handguns in the District of Columbia.

A federal judge had previously upheld the registration laws."

Don't get me wrong - I'm all FOR EXTREMELY STRICT 'Gun Control' in DC! After the Obama administration armed Mexican Drug Cartels, the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood, Libyan 'Al Qaeida' Rebels in Libya, and 'Syrian Rebels' who later became ISIS I absolutely think the Obama administration should be banned from having anything to do with weapons unless under strict adult supervision and only then in small numbers and small calibers....like .22s and 'BB' guns.

Forum List

Back