Gun question Makarov vs Mauser

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Would you say a mid 90's production Bulgarian Makarov with some ammo is a good swap for a German Mauser with some ammo. Both are in good shape and I don't know if all Mausers have German writing but this one does. I'd be getting the Mauser.

They look about like these two:

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg

Last edited:
Would you say a mid 90's production Bulgarian Makarov with some ammo is a good swap for a German Mauser with some ammo. Both are in good shape and I don't know if all Mausers have German writing but this one does.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
If you're getting the Mauser than it's a steal especially if the Mauser has Nazi makings on it and is in fairly good shape. If you're getting the Mac in exchange then you're getting ripped off.

• Banned
Would you say a mid 90's production Bulgarian Makarov with some ammo is a good swap for a German Mauser with some ammo. Both are in good shape and I don't know if all Mausers have German writing but this one does.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
If you're getting the Mauser than it's a steal especially if the Mauser has Nazi makings on it and is in fairly good shape. If you're getting the Mac in exchange then you're getting ripped off.
I'd be getting the Mauser but the Mak comes with 700 rounds of ammo.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
One is a pistol, the other is a rifle. One is old, the other is newer. Any other question just Google it.

I don't know if I could part with one for the other. The rifle is probably worth more depending on the condition.

• Banned

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
One is a pistol, the other is a rifle. One is old, the other is newer. Any other question just Google it.
I know all of that. My question was directed toward people that may have experience with these kinds of deals.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
I'd be getting the mauser but the Mak comes with 700 rounds of ammo.
Maybe a few tens of thousands of rounds of Mak ammo might make up the difference.

• Banned

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
Maybe a few tens of thousands of rounds of Mak ammo might make up the difference.
Hmmm, why such a disparity in your opinion?

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
I'd be getting the Mauser but the Mak comes with 700 rounds of ammo.
Even if the Mauser is a capture weapon or was sold and restamped after the war they're still worth $600 and up depending on condition, the Mak is worth about $300.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
If it's WWII with Nazi stamps and in good condition (with matching numbers), $2 to $5K on the high end.

Oops, I meant $2 to 3K.

Last edited:

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
If it's WWII with Nazi stamps and in good condition (with matching numbers), $2 to $5K on the high end.
Well if that's is what it is I won't do the deal 'cause the guys my neighbor. Thanks. I'll check it out and see what the markings mean, or if you know I can take a picture and post them here?

Would you say a mid 90's production Bulgarian Makarov with some ammo is a good swap for a German Mauser with some ammo. Both are in good shape and I don't know if all Mausers have German writing but this one does. I'd be getting the Mauser.

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
Is that the actual K98 or is that a stock photo? If it's the actual it's not a German made WWII K98, (that I know of). Look at the butt stock, it's not correct, I'm unfamiliar with that one, South American made? :dunno:

IMG_0506_zpsaf478636.jpg

180049_ts.jpg
Is that the actual K98 or is that a stock photo? If it's the actual it's not a German made WWII K98, (that I know of). Look at the butt stock, it's not correct, I'm unfamiliar with that one, South American made? :dunno:
It's a stock photo. I can take pictures of it and the markings if you are like.

Here's another stock photo but it looks much more like this.

k98.jpg

Well if that's is what it is I won't do the deal 'cause the guys my neighbor. Thanks. I'll check it out and see what the markings mean, or if you know I can take a picture and post them here?
If you can find some good fairly clear stamps that would be great. A picture of the actual rifle would be great also.

If you can find some good fairly clear stamps that would be great. A picture of the actual rifle would be great also.
Gimmee a while as I'll have to enhance them.

Ok these were pretty quick but if they aren't good enough I can take better ones, it will just take a lot longer.

mauser-image-1.jpg

mauser-image-3.jpg

mauser-image-4.jpg

mauser-image-5.jpg

I finally checked out the barrel and it shows signs of corrosion, so I wouldn't want it anyway.

Forum List

Back