CDZ gun magazine bullet limits...they only effect law abiding gun owners so why do we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the idiot pols are doing is restricting the rights of law abiding people in order to attempt to curb the behavior of the criminal.

No they are not trying to curb the behavior of criminals.

They are acting like they are doing something to curb firearm violence.
Everything they do is just as stupid and disastrous as all their other failed attempts at managing/regulating/fixing anything.
They are trying to use the constant drum beat of anti-firearm rhetoric to degrade and erode public opinion and eventually override our rights.

They are trying to curb the activities of law abiding people who stand between them and total control.

What the idiot pols are doing is restricting the rights of law abiding people in order to attempt to curb the behavior of the criminal.

No they are not trying to curb the behavior of criminals.

They are acting like they are doing something to curb firearm violence.
Everything they do is just as stupid and disastrous as all their other failed attempts at fixing anything.
They are trying to use the constant drum beat of anti-firearm rhetoric to degrade and erode public opinion and eventually override our rights.

They are trying to curb the activities of law abiding people who stand between them and total control.

Of course they are.

The whole logic behind these gun control regulations is to reduce crime right? Well law abiding people like me do not commit crimes which is why I passed every background check the state put me through to get my CCW permit.

So tell me how does telling me that I can't own a handgun with a 12 round mag going to reduce gun crime when I will obviously not commit a gun crime?

So tell me how does telling me that I can't own a handgun with a 12 round mag going to reduce gun crime when I will obviously not commit a gun crime?

They simply have an accurate count and basic description of every firearm you purchase, complete with your residence, every time you submit a background check.
They use gun control regulations/legislation, to act like they are doing something, get elected/re-elected, and compile the data necessary to call you a nut before they take your stuff away.

That's why it is nice to live in states where the people have taken measures to protect your rights that the federal government is trying to take away. The need for a militia in order to protect and preserve a free state, doesn't have a damn thing to do with hunting.

Last edited:
The people who want stricter gun laws.....don't understand current gun laws and how they work...and don't understand how foolish the new gun laws proposed actually are.....and how useles they are....
So there is no way to protect people from gun violence except to punish the perp after the fact? That seems a stretch.

Why do you need a permit for a magazine if you already have a permit for a firearm?

I have a concealed carry permit which allows me to buy any firearm in my state with no waiting period yet my state limits magazine size to 10 rounds. There is no reason to do so.

We all know that doesn't work
People are rightly concerned about gun violence and the NRA doesn't seem to offer any solutions. They only block whatever is offered. As I see it, if they were willing to compromise and address the fears of the public, then reason might prevail. Until then we'll just put Band-Aids on the problem to make us feel better.

Unlike you some people do not trust their lives to luck

But please tell me how restricting magazine size will stop criminals from killing people and let me stop you before you say "mass shootings" because we all know and you should know that mass shootings account for less than 1% of all murders
7 is "lucky" for a valid reason, no luck is involved.

If the NRA is irrational in its opposition the results will be irrational laws.

So there is no way to protect people from gun violence except to punish the perp after the fact? That seems a stretch.

If we locked everyone up, wrapped them in bubble wrap and duct tape, we could protect them from a lot of things. Unfortunately, we have this pesky little thing called freedom, and we don't punish people for things they haven't done, nor take away their rights for crimes they haven't committed.

If you are going to try and make a case that laws will influence those with an attempt to commit gun violence, then what gun violence do you think is legal?

If we locked everyone up, wrapped them in bubble wrap and duct tape, we could protect them from a lot of things. Unfortunately, we have this pesky little thing called freedom, and we don't punish people for things they haven't done, nor take away their rights for crimes they haven't committed.

If you are going to try and make a case that laws will influence those with an attempt to commit gun violence, then what gun violence do you think is legal?
Banks tend to keep there money in vaults. Is that to limit my freedom to get to my money or is it to stop criminals from getting to it? Couldn't gun controls perform the same function as that vault?

Banks tend to keep there money in vaults. Is that to limit my freedom to get to my money or is it to stop criminals from getting to it? Couldn't gun controls perform the same function as that vault?

Banks (in general) are not the government, nor are people required to do business with a bank. Private organizations are allowed to protect their interests any way they choose. People are allowed to invest in the security the banks offer for the protection it may afford their assets. People are not required to business with a bank and there is no law that requires people to lock their money up in a bank.

People are however required to pay the government, have no choice in the services they provide to others, and cannot opt out of doing business with the poorly managed government.

Edit:
You could make a case that a person has a social agreement with the government if they choose to live within the borders of a country. The Constitution was written to protect the shareholders in that agreement, and not to simply empower the organization.

Last edited:
The anti gunners keep pushing for limits on the number of bullets normal people can have in their pistols and rifles........the reason.....if they limit the number to 10, they can ban certain types of pistols and rifles without having to call it a ban and without having to pass gun control legislation banning all of those weapons......

What is the point......who is really effected by magazine bullet limits...

Mass Public shooters....? No. They can kill easily by exchanging magazines...and actual research shows that magazine capacity has no bearing on the number of people killed...

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Criminals....? No. They can get whatever they want...even in countries with complete bans and confiscation of guns....France bans all semi auto rifles and all fully auto rifles...and their criminals and their terrorists get those rifles and standard magazines easily.....

the people who are hurt....those who are law abiding...who are on their own in the face of criminal attack, who will have no help and will have to rely on their pistol to save their life........
Such a law is classic liberal misdirection. They can't solve or have no desire of solving the real problems: Gang violence, mental illness and domestic disputes, so they focus on "high capacity magazines" and "AR-15s" to give their gullible constituents the impression that their elected officials are doing something to solve the problems of our nation.

Banks are free to do with their money as they wish. Don't you have the freedom to build your own vault? Put your money under a mattress? Do you really want to make it a law requiring all people to put their money in a bank?

The anti gunners keep pushing for limits on the number of bullets normal people can have in their pistols and rifles........the reason.....if they limit the number to 10, they can ban certain types of pistols and rifles without having to call it a ban and without having to pass gun control legislation banning all of those weapons......

Mass Public shooters....? No. They can kill easily by exchanging magazines...and actual research shows that magazine capacity has no bearing on the number of people killed...

Criminals....? No. They can get whatever they want...even in countries with complete bans and confiscation of guns....France bans all semi auto rifles and all fully auto rifles...and their criminals and their terrorists get those rifles and standard magazines easily.....

the people who are hurt....those who are law abiding...who are on their own in the face of criminal attack, who will have no help and will have to rely on their pistol to save their life........

so murder shouldn't be illegal because it only affects people who don't commit murder?

what a stupid argument. NRA shills are amusing, if ignorant.

The people who want stricter gun laws.....don't understand current gun laws and how they work...and don't understand how foolish the new gun laws proposed actually are.....and how useles they are....

No...get rid of gun free zones......make the process of getting a gun easier for normal people.

If you think there is a way....please explain it.......but please......show something that actually effects criminals and mass shooters..........not more fees, taxes and paperwork for law abiding people....

Repeating the same ridiculous statistic over and over doesn't make it true.
Translation: You can keep repeating the same facts and statistics forever, but I'll keep ignoring those same facts because they disagree with my political ideology.

Unfortunately, your position is an all too common one; politically partisan ideologue ignores facts, science and all other evidence proving them wrong.

Why do you need a permit for a magazine if you already have a permit for a firearm?

I have a concealed carry permit which allows me to buy any firearm in my state with no waiting period yet my state limits magazine size to 10 rounds. There is no reason to do so.

We all know that doesn't work
People are rightly concerned about gun violence and the NRA doesn't seem to offer any solutions. They only block whatever is offered. As I see it, if they were willing to compromise and address the fears of the public, then reason might prevail. Until then we'll just put Band-Aids on the problem to make us feel better.

What have they blocked.....? Care to actually point it out......? Since they don't want gun registration......which doesn't stop criminals or mass shooters and simply sets up bans and confiscations...what else do you think they have blocked? What anti gun cite has filled your head with myths about the NRA?

so murder shouldn't be illegal because it only affects people who don't commit murder?

Another classic liberal tactic: The infamous straw man argument.

Sorry, Jillian, but you can't ban people into more freedom just like you can't spend your way out of debt.

Wow...just wow.....you morons keep going back to that lame talking point.....and the reason you do is because nothing you suggests actually stops criminals or mass shooters...so you have to use that stupid talking point to hide how dumb you are.....

Murder is illegal...and when you do it you get locked up....

The speed limit is 35...if you do 40 you get a ticket....

That is how the law works.....

If you use a gun for a crime you get arrested and you go to jail...

You morons want to have Tom Cruise, Minority Report laws...where you can Zip line down and arrest people before they commit crimes.......

Please....try to put that stupid talking point to rest.......you just show how stupid you are when you use it.

Unlike you some people do not trust their lives to luck

But please tell me how restricting magazine size will stop criminals from killing people and let me stop you before you say "mass shootings" because we all know and you should know that mass shootings account for less than 1% of all murders
7 is "lucky" for a valid reason, no luck is involved.

If the NRA is irrational in its opposition the results will be irrational laws.

Just saying the NRA is irrational makes no point....show us exactly how they are irrational........what laws do they oppose.......put it out there so we can show how dumb you are....

We have background checks genius...criminals use people with clean records to bypass them....how do you stop that?

The Orlando, mulsim, democrat, mass shooter passed 3 background checks.....he passed 10 months of close FBI surveillance, and 3 actual interviews with trained FBI interrogators........and then he murdered 49 people..........

Universal background checks....will be passed by mass shooters and criminals will just use straw buyers if they want a gun from a private seller...or they will steal it.......

Guns are not money.......

Any other ideas that won't work?

As I see it, if they were willing to compromise and address the fears of the public, then reason might prevail.

If you want to compromise, then you have to bring something of value to the table to compromise with. If the only thing you are willing to offer is not throwing firearms owners in jail for things you disagree with ...

... then you have chosen a poor position to negotiate from and have not offered any compromise worth investigating.

Edit:
You could make the case that you offer a safer society, but that is what the thread is actually about. Based on experience, we don't trust your ability to provide what you offer as part of that agreement. Likewise, you can state that you don't trust our ability to own firearms responsibly and keep criminals from getting firearms. That would make the issue more about trust than the actual firearms. We don't trust the government to provide the results they want to offer, and they don't trust us with firearms.

Fortunately, the Constitution has already given us an agreement in handling this matter in which our rights are protected and we are not required to trust you nor the government. If the only thing you or the government has to offer in a compromise, is something we already have and you want to take away, then your compromise just looks stupid. Perhaps you should revisit the reason(s) why the Constitution protects the rights of the people over the desire to empower the federal government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back