CDZ gun magazine bullet limits...they only effect law abiding gun owners so why do we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Prove it. What's the gun death rate in France as compared to the U.S.?

How about you make a comparison involving the number of guns in the hands of private citizens versus the number of bodies in the ground? If you want a valid comparison of whether or not guns in the hands of civilians makes a difference, then compare the number dead to the number of firearms. For al practical purposes, there are as many firearms as people in the United States. If owning a firearm meant a person died, then we would all be dead.

How about you make a comparison involving the number of guns in the hands of private citizens versus the number of bodies in the ground? If you want a valid comparison of whether or not guns in the hands of civilians makes a difference, then compare the number dead to the number of firearms. For al practical purposes, there are as many firearms as people in the United States. If owning a firearm meant a person died, then we would all be dead.

Precisely. You believe there's a relationship between the number of guns in the hands of citizens, and the number of citizens killed by guns. So do I. Fewer people in France have guns, and their laws are far more strict. Thus, they have FAR fewer gun deaths per person.

Thanks for finally recognizing logic.

/Thread.

Precisely. You believe there's a relationship between the number of guns in the hands of citizens, and the number of citizens killed by guns. So do I. Fewer people in France have guns, and their laws are far more strict. Thus, they have FAR fewer gun deaths per person.

/Thread.

I said to compare it against firearms and not people, You haven't made a case that firearms in the hands of civilians makes the firearm any more deadly. Compare the number of firearms to the number of deaths.

You aren't doing that; you are comparing the number of armed people killing people to unarmed people not shooting anyone. Unarmed people don't have the tendency to shoot people (duh). Comparing the mortality rate due to firearm deaths between an unarmed public and an armed public is stupid. If you would rather be raped or robbed than shot (or shoot the criminal), I don't see where we should care.

But alas, you have the right to protect yourself, or not protect yourself in this country. The last I checked, the United States isn't France.

/Thread.

I said to compare it against firearms and not people.

You aren't doing that; you are comparing the number of armed people killing people to unarmed people not shooting anyone. Unarmed people don't have the tendency to shoot people (duh). Comparing the mortality rate due to firearm deaths between an unarmed public and an armed public is stupid. If you would rather be raped or robbed than shot (or shoot the criminal), I don't see where we should care.

But alas, you have the right to protect yourself, or not protect yourself in this country. The last I checked, the United States isn't France.

Your "right" isn't unlimited, and we recognize in this country that guns are dangerous. Even the most right-wing justice on the court in Heller recognized as much. Yet the gun zealots in this country refuse to admit what's painfully obvious to the other 7 billion people in the world (and most of the U.S.).

Making large magazines illegal give law-enforcement a lever to use if a terrorist is caught with one.
That misdemeanor charge - if provable - on top of all those felony murder and attempted murder charges will certainly make a difference!
:cuckoo:
It would if you caught the terrorist before he had a chance to commit his deeds. Otherwise what can you charge him with if his guns are all legal?

the people who are hurt....those who are law abiding...who are on their own in the face of criminal attack, who will have no help and will have to rely on their pistol to save their life........
They can kill easily by exchanging magazines, as you yourself wrote, so they are not really being hurt.

Should we remove laws against murder since criminals will continue to murder regardless? Making large magazines illegal give law-enforcement a lever to use if a terrorist is caught with one.

please demonstrate the equivalence of killing someone with the owning of a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds

This should be good

Your "right" isn't unlimited, and we recognize in this country that guns are dangerous. Even the most right-wing justice on the court in Heller recognized as much. Yet the gun zealots in this country refuse to admit what's painfully obvious to the other 7 billion people in the world (and most of the U.S.).

Of course firearms are dangerous, that's their job. Tigers are dangerous, chainsaws are dangerous, there are a lot of dangerous things in the world. What a lot of people don't get is that being dangerous doesn't require it to be eliminated. We have a right to protect ourselves and can use a firearm to do so. The is no argument to the fact a firearm can provide that protection..

/Thread.

I said to compare it against firearms and not people.

dangerous?

All kinds of shit is dangerous so we should limit everything right?

Making large magazines illegal give law-enforcement a lever to use if a terrorist is caught with one.
That misdemeanor charge - if provable - on top of all those felony murder and attempted murder charges will certainly make a difference!
It would if you caught the terrorist before he had a chance to commit his deeds. Otherwise what can you charge him with if his guns are all legal?

If his guns are illegal you charge with illegal possession of firearms and send him to federal prison for 25 to life with no parole

The anti gunners keep pushing for limits on the number of bullets normal people can have in their pistols and rifles........the reason.....if they limit the number to 10, they can ban certain types of pistols and rifles without having to call it a ban and without having to pass gun control legislation banning all of those weapons......

What is the point......who is really effected by magazine bullet limits...

Mass Public shooters....? No. They can kill easily by exchanging magazines...and actual research shows that magazine capacity has no bearing on the number of people killed...

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Criminals....? No. They can get whatever they want...even in countries with complete bans and confiscation of guns....France bans all semi auto rifles and all fully auto rifles...and their criminals and their terrorists get those rifles and standard magazines easily.....

the people who are hurt....those who are law abiding...who are on their own in the face of criminal attack, who will have no help and will have to rely on their pistol to save their life........

Nevermind that France has a tiny fraction of the # of gun deaths we do.

Again.......their criminals have all the access to guns they want.....they prefer fully automatic AK-47s and those rifles have become status symbols among French criminals...........criminals and terrorists get guns easily in France....law abiding people can't get them...
You are wrong...again....

Their criminals don't commit murder as often as our criminals do...regardless of weapon......and yet they have easy access to guns..........our non gun murder rate is higher than their entire murder rate......

It is the criminal culture and their willingness to commit murder that is different...our criminals shoot and murder 9 year old boys in alleys to get revenge on the boys gang banger father......theirs don't do that......

You believe that the mere precense of guns creates gun murder....and that is where you are wrong.......

We had 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......we now have 357,000,000 guns in private hands...and our gun murder rate went down........our gun crime rate went down....our violent crime rate went down......adding guns did not increase gun crime...you are wrong.

Britain confiscated guns from law abiding gun owners...and their gun crime rate stayed the same......

Guns do not create murder.....social factors that create the criminal sub culture and their attitude toward murder do.......

I don't see a French gun murder rate ANYWHERE in this tripe. Are you afraid to answer?

so a gun murder is somehow worse than a knife murder?

Murder is murder

Our murder rate is almost exactly what it was in 1950

The UK's murder rate is almost exactly what it was in 1950 and the UK passed extremely strict gun laws in 1968

So tell me why isn't the murder rate in the UK less that what it was in 1950 and why isn't ours astronomically higher than it was in 1950?

so a gun murder is somehow worse than a knife murder?

Murder is murder

Our murder rate is almost exactly what it was in 1950

The UK's murder rate is almost exactly what it was in 1950 and the UK passed extremely strict gun laws in 1968

So tell me why isn't the murder rate in the UK less that what it was in 1950 and why isn't ours astronomically higher than it was in 1950?

Cambridge educated Brits kill their victims (and his hamster) with a harpoon gun and carving knife ... Man jailed for life for harpoon gun and carving knife murder of Odiham chef

If his guns are illegal you charge with illegal possession of firearms and send him to federal prison for 25 to life with no parole
I said if his guns are legal he couldn't be charged with anything so having an illegal, large capacity mag would allow the cops to send him to federal prison for 25 to life with no parole. Otherwise he'd just walk.

I said if his guns are legal he couldn't be charged with anything so having an illegal, large capacity mag would allow the cops to send him to federal prison for 25 to life with no parole. Otherwise he'd just walk.

Why is having a hi cap mag a crime that would deserve the same punishment as murder?

please demonstrate the equivalence of killing someone with the owning of a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds

This should be good
In the hypothetical scenario we are discussing, both would be illegal.

So that's your only equivalence?
If society decides that both are anti-social, that is sufficient. Would I sentence both the same, hardly.

How is killing someone akin to owning an inanimate object?

Why is mere ownership of anything a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back