CDZ Gun Lovers, complete this sentence

I absolutely need an assault rifle because_________.

Lay aside what you perceive as a constitutional right. Lay aside any obfuscation over the verbal semantics (don't try to define 'assault rifle').

Simply justify your need of an assault rifle.

Perhaps if we fully understand your need for one or two or thirty of them, we could understand why assault weapons are, indeed, a necessity. Show us the virtue of the assault rifle. Why are they good?

Some folks have good experiences with guns. Some folks are the sinue and bone of America's gun culture. Some folks are true sportsmen and women and enjoy the outdoors and their love of the hunt. Some folks are dedicated target shooters keen on hitting their mark be it paper or a clay pigeon. I fully support these wholesome and healthy activities.

But some folks have had tragic experiences with guns. Some are the survivors of gun violence. Some are the victims of gun violence. Some folks have sadly lost loved ones to gun violence. And some live in neighborhoods which tragically experience gun violence on an all too regular basis. Please have empathy for them. They have suffered too long under the threat of the havoc guns bring into their lives.

We have had far too many mass shootings in this nation. No other nation suffers this level of gun violence. We are not beset with a greater number cases of mental illness than other nations. There is something foul about the numbers of shooting victims here compared with other natione in the developed world.

What do you suppose is our unique American problem?

So please, as sincerely as possible, answer this simple question: 'I absolutely need an assault rifle because_____'.

Let us all understand.

Anyone who calls a commonplace semiautomatic rifle that has been available to civilians for over 100 years an "assault rifle" is too fucking stupid to ask any questions worth answering
And anyone hiding behind semantics is too cowardly to comment.

Like it or not, 'assault rifle' has become a generic term in popular and common parlance.

That does not mean it is an accurate term does it?

And as I posted not only is it a stupid question but one of the defining characteristics of a right and especially of a natural right that cannot be given because it exists regardless of the government is that none of these rights have to be justified to anyone else at any time
I'm not questioning the right. I'm questioning the necessity.

If a concealed weapon is deemed adequate to protect a classroom, why then is it not adequate to defend a home? Therefore, why is an assault weapon necessary to defend a home?

Are the conditions inside a home so different than the conditions inside a school? They are both relatively small interior spaces presumably with potential innocents. If a shooter does not know who may counter attack with a weapon, does an assault rifle make more sense than a weapon used by a teacher or a resident?

Lay aside what you perceive as a constitutional right. Lay aside any obfuscation over the verbal semantics (don't try to define 'assault rifle').

Perhaps if we fully understand your need for one or two or thirty of them, we could understand why assault weapons are, indeed, a necessity. Show us the virtue of the assault rifle. Why are they good?

Some folks have good experiences with guns. Some folks are the sinue and bone of America's gun culture. Some folks are true sportsmen and women and enjoy the outdoors and their love of the hunt. Some folks are dedicated target shooters keen on hitting their mark be it paper or a clay pigeon. I fully support these wholesome and healthy activities.

But some folks have had tragic experiences with guns. Some are the survivors of gun violence. Some are the victims of gun violence. Some folks have sadly lost loved ones to gun violence. And some live in neighborhoods which tragically experience gun violence on an all too regular basis. Please have empathy for them. They have suffered too long under the threat of the havoc guns bring into their lives.

We have had far too many mass shootings in this nation. No other nation suffers this level of gun violence. We are not beset with a greater number cases of mental illness than other nations. There is something foul about the numbers of shooting victims here compared with other natione in the developed world.

So please, as sincerely as possible, answer this simple question: 'I absolutely need an assault rifle because_____'.

Let us all understand.

Anyone who calls a commonplace semiautomatic rifle that has been available to civilians for over 100 years an "assault rifle" is too fucking stupid to ask any questions worth answering

Like it or not, 'assault rifle' has become a generic term in popular and common parlance.

And as I posted not only is it a stupid question but one of the defining characteristics of a right and especially of a natural right that cannot be given because it exists regardless of the government is that none of these rights have to be justified to anyone else at any time

If a concealed weapon is deemed adequate to protect a classroom, why then is it not adequate to defend a home? Therefore, why is an assault weapon necessary to defend a home?

False Dichotomy Fallacy, there are many other solutions.

When did it become your place to judge what is necessary to defend a home?

Let us all understand.

The necessity is irrelevant because it is a right.

Let us all understand.

When assault rifles became the weapon of choice of mass shooters.

When assault rifles became the weapon of choice of mass shooters.

Who elected you judge?
PS: They haven't yet, on both things. ;)
You're being dishonest, que surprise! Not.

Most people that own assault rifles paid big bucks to get them and have been vetted by LEOs and Feds.

Let us all understand.

Rights are not guaranteed as absolutes. If I practiced Santa Ria, my right to practice that faith is not fully protected because I am prohibited from conducting all the rites of that faith.

Rights are not guaranteed as absolutes. If I practiced Santa Ria, my right to practice that faith is not fully protected because I am prohibited from conducting all the rites of that faith.

By the same standard, the rites of Muslims are not protected as well, because it's illegal to kill the infidel where you find them.

Are you sure about that?

THE SUPREME COURT: Animal Sacrifice; Court, Citing Religious Freedom, Voids a Ban on Animal Sacrifices

Missourian, post: 1938719
The same reason I need life insurance, a spare tire, an emergengy ladder in my bedroom, and a first aid kit in my truck. It's far better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

Why stop at owning one assault rifle and living alone in a home or going out in public armed with your private little arsenal all by your self? .

If you should encounter a marauding band of twenty or more heavily armed evil guys and gals are you not overwhelmingly outnumbered.

You don't have what you need.

You need a small plation of your own to accompany you at all times. At least Secret Service protection 24-7.

You people crack me up.

Most people don't need what you need. How did you get this way?

Most people have no idea what they need. They expect that because things are going well today and that they were good last week that they will be good next week. While that expectation is likely, it certainly isn't guaranteed.

No one wants bad things to happen, but many want to be as prepared as possible for as many contingencies as possible.

The 2nd says nothing about NEED!
The 2nd deals with WANT!
If you WANT you have the RIGHT!

You framed your narrative to fit your agenda.
Thread fail!
Where's my rocket propelled grenade launcher? I want one! Where's my set of lawn darts? I want one! Where are my hand grenades? I want some! Where are my canisters of serin gas? I want them!

I guess some 'right to near arms' are, indeed, infringed.

Nosmo I am quite sure you could have any of those items as long as you had the financial where with all and time... The black market is a thriving place... Ban this and it goes straight to the black market... Ban that and it will show up in a fire sale on Tues. at the black market... Hell our Federal Government was dealing in black market firearms for a while down on the border... Bill's wife pedaled black market firearms in the Middle East...

Clinton has been much more than a bit player in the Syrian crisis. Her diplomat Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi was killed as he was running a CIA operation to ship Libyan heavy weapons to Syria. Clinton herself took the lead role in organizing the so-called “Friends of Syria” to back the CIA-led insurgency.

Hillary Clinton and the Syrian Bloodbath | HuffPost

Sorry got off topic a little...

Let us all understand.

I absolutely need an assault rifle because it is my duty as a man to protect my property, my family, my country, and myself from thugs liberals refuse to keep in jail, from Muslim invaders liberals welcome into our country, and from random nutjobs liberals refuse to hospitalize.

OK, at least you have an answer, unlike the others who could not give a straight answer, and only tried to evade the question.

Which question have I asked that you feel is a leading question? Just tell me why you need an assault rifle

I don't own an 'assault rifle' ... I do own more than one semi-automatic rifle.

OK, we're getting someplace. Why do you need those?

Ah ... ok. If you’re asking about something I actually own then it’s a very simple answer.

None of your frackin business

That means you don't even know yourself.

Forum List

Back