CDZ Gun law proposals, I oppose all of them, tell me how they actually would work.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Jun 14, 2019.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,601
    We hear from those opposed to gun ownership that 2nd Amendment supporters will not support "common sense" gun control. This is inaccurate in that those of us who support the 2nd Amendment support locking up criminals who use guns for crime for long periods of time, I say 30 years for rape, robbery or murder using a gun....on top of any other penalty for the rape, robbery or murder. Do that, and you will see how fast criminals stop using guns for crimes.....

The above would be actual gun control, rather than gun control aimed at creating new taxes, fees, regulations aimed at making it harder and more legally intimidating for normal people to own guns.

And now, here is a group of new gun control laws proposed after the Virginia Beach shooting....I oppose all of them, not to simply oppose them, but because they don't do anything to stop criminals from getting guns....and more pointedly, would not have stopped the shooter ...... the alleged point in coming up with the new gun laws...

Please....if you can, explain how any of these new gun laws are "common sense" and how any of them would stop criminals or mass shooters, in particular, the shooter in Virginia....

ICYMI: Here Are The Virginia Democrats' Anti-Gun Proposals

Criminalization of the private transfer of firearms;

·A ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms;

·A ban on firearm suppressors;

·Firearms rationing (described by the governor’s office as “one-gun-a-month law,” as opposed to Virginia’s one-handgun-a-month law that was repealed in 2012);

·Procedures to confiscate firearms from otherwise law-abiding individuals without due process;

·Mandatory firearm storage requirements;

·Mandatory lost or stolen firearm reporting; and

·A weakened Virginia firearms preemption statute that would empower local governments to create a complicated patchwork of gun laws.

None of the above laws would have stopped the shooter in Virginia.....not one.......also, none of these laws would stop criminals....

So.....explain how my opposition to laws that do nothing, is simply opposing "common sense" gun control...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Taz

Taz Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,114
    A national quick draw competition league would be more effective and more fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. hunarcy

hunarcy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    None of those are "common sense" laws. They've run out of "common sense" laws and are now trying to impose their insanity on all of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,601
    The anti-gunners always say we don't want knew gun laws, and always fail to provide the gun laws they support. I have presented a list of new gun laws and they won't explain how they actually work, in particular, how they would have stopped the Virginia shooter.........

5. anynameyouwish

anynameyouwish VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,260

I have no problem with law abiding citizens of sound mind owning rifles or pistols.

I can also accept private ownership of automatic weapons.

However I would want all gun owners to be properly trained and licensed.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,601

The problem with mandatory training and licenses...if that is what you mean, is twofold....

1) They cost money....and it any tax or fee on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional.

2) Mandatory training is one of the ways anti-gunners can keep normal people from owning and carrying guns....in Europe, the training requirements are so heavy, normal people don't have the time or money to meet them.....so the limited number of hunting shotguns they are allowed to own, they can't, because they can't meet the training requirements.

And licensing is simply unnecessary.

Licensing does nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters, and is simply a way to add paperwork, and legal jeopardy to the act of owning a gun.

7. NotYourBody

NotYourBody Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Trained, licensed and insured.

It's what we require of people who drive automobiles in this country. Common sense.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Blues Man

Blues Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,879
    Then we should apply that same standard to all rights.

No training or license for your first, third, forth fifth amendment etc rights? Then you're shit out of luck, son.

9. Blues Man

Blues Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,879
    Driving on public roads is not a right it is a privilege granted by the states and can be revoked at any time for any reason

10. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,291
    Gun ownership isn't a right and the government should be able to revoke it as well.

Even you gun advocates don't think that criminals and crazy people should have a 'right' to a gun. so let's cut the nonsense here.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1