Gun fire is really terrifying

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I don’t know how I would react to live gun fire coming my direction .
Amazing how brave the Normandy Americans were facing mortars and machine guns
. Every extinct tells you to hide for cover but the orders are to march forward

I was shooting a .22 girly gun and the guy next to me had a .45 gun . Every bullet you could hear the air expanding and the vibrations of that bullet . You could feel the tiny shock waves

I was shooting a .22 girly gun and the guy next to me had a .45 gun . Every bullet you could hear the air expanding and the vibrations of that bullet . You could feel the tiny shock waves
I'd probably pee in my pants.

What cover? The only cover was forward. They had no choice but to go forward. It's not like they could have swam home.

FDR's slaves/canon fodder had no cover at Normandy. They landed on beaches, totally exposed to the defenders' fire. That's why the allies suffered 10,000 casualties on D-Day.

FDR was one evil son of a bitch.

Last edited:
.45 can be loud, but it's not like .50 or various other ammo. If you were at a range, I hope you were using hearing protection.
Hearing protection is a good personal comfort measure, but I question its efficacy and necessity to prevent so-called "noise induced hearing loss".

$4,000+ hearing aids for elderly folks?

Is rotgut liquor to blame? Marijuana use? And I'm not sure about that either.

Gunshots, even more massive explosions do not always cause any hearing loss to speak of.

Certain antibiotics do cause hearing loss, at least temporary ---

It's the bullet you don't hear that kills you. Hear the bees buzz, they missed you.

Last edited:
.45 can be loud, but it's not like .50 or various other ammo. If you were at a range, I hope you were using hearing protection.
Hearing protection is a good personal comfort measure, but I question its efficacy and necessity to prevent so-called "noise induced hearing loss".

Gunshots, even more massive explosions do not always cause any hearing loss to speak of.

I suppose, but I can say from personal experience that wearing hearing protection at concerts is effective at preventing hearing loss.

I suppose, but I can say from personal experience that wearing hearing protection at concerts is effective at preventing hearing loss.
I assume one shot from a 45 is death

What cover? The only cover was forward. They had no choice but to go forward. It's not like they could have swam home.

FDR's slaves/canon fodder had no cover at Normandy. They landed on beaches, totally exposed to the defenders' fire. That's why the allies suffered 10,000 casualties on D-Day.

You idiot, it could have been much worse. Thanks to a diversion that had Hitler thinking they would land at Calais, those landing at Normandy didn't face any armor, and had a much better chance against machine guns then they would have had if Panzers were waiting for them.

As far as the landings were concerned, FDR was not in charge of that, Gen. Eisenhower was, and he is literally the last great Republican President this country has had. Since he left office, every Republican President has been shit, and where George W. Bush was possibly the worst Republican President in history, along comes Trump and removes all doubt of who is the worst Republican President in history.

Your party sucks ass.

You idiot, it could have been much worse. Thanks to a diversion that had Hitler thinking they would land at Calais, those landing at Normandy didn't face any armor, and had a much better chance against machine guns then they would have had if Panzers were waiting for them.

As far as the landings were concerned, FDR was not in charge of that, Gen. Eisenhower was, and he is literally the last great Republican President this country has had. Since he left office, every Republican President has been shit, and where George W. Bush was possibly the worst Republican President in history, along comes Trump and removes all doubt of who is the worst Republican President in history.

Your party sucks ass.

What does your Stalinist party stand for ??
Massive debt , domestic terrorism, police hate , white hate , drugs , taxes , big govt
Your party is the enemy of humanity

Years ago when just about every male was subject to two years military service they got used to gunfire in basic training. I recall the infantry training in the Marines when we kept our heads low as we crawled under barbed with with machine gun fire overhead. Whether they were blanks or not I can't tell you but the Marines had another training aid where you would stand in a hole and hold a target while other trainees fired BAR's at your position. We pulled targets on the rifle range and the sound of gunfire and whizzing 30.06 rounds was constant. Nobody (except the occasional suicide) wanted to get hit but it trained guys for the sound of the weapons and the impact of the bullets for the real thing. Along with the familiarity of the weapons came the learned concept of instant obeying of orders.

Forum List

Back