Gun control laws don't work....these guys had a rocket propelled grenade, and an aresnal..

Actual research shows....

A study by Crime Prevention Research Center, a gun-carrying advocacy site, looked at permit data from 2007-2013. It showed for each 1 percentage point increase in the adult population holding permits there is roughly associated with a 1.4 percent drop in the murder rate.

Peter Scharf, a Criminologist at Louisiana State University School of Public Health says those numbers are misleading. Over the past 40 years Scharf has published eight books on criminal justice and research into gun violence and he says communities with a high number of citizens carrying permits are typically areas where the crime rate is relatively low.

And the real world shows violent crime went up.

brain....violent crime is down in the U.S...not up...and more Americans own guns now than ever before....and our drop was bigger than Australias..and we didn't ban guns......

Yes gun ownership and concealed carry doesn't effect crime rates. Most evidence points to ownership down btw.

It is rare when one of their criminals use a gun

It is rare when one of ours does not

That is a matter of culture, not guns...as again, their criminals get guns easily when they want them......and our gun violence is mainly contained in small, multi block areas in cities...usually controlled by democrats....so our gun violence is not a national problem but a very local one for these inner city shooting galleries....

It is a matter of ownership. Criminals don't use guns if few victims have them.

And of course the victims just have to suffer...right....? They should just have to endure rape, beatings, stabbings, and killings with blades and blunt objects...because that way no one has to have a gun....except for police and military...and then you hope they aren't working with drug cartels like in Mexico......

And criminals still use guns...on each other....just like they do in France, a week after the attack on the cartoonists masked gunmen with fully automatic rifles shot up a Marseilles neighborhood over drugs, just hours before the prime minister was going to give a speech....

Dittos the shooting in Sweden.......

Well based on crime rates, having the most guns doesn't lower crime. We have by far the most guns, but far from the lowest crime rates.

Actually, as you know our crime rates have gone down faster than Australias...and we didn't have to get rid of our guns......our crime rate is going down, not up, and our gun accident rate is going down, not up....so more guns in the hands of more law abiding Americans do not increase the crime rate, but may very well lower it...

Our crime rate has dropped because we are no longer fighting the crack wars of the 90s. Austrailia was lucky in not facing the huge jump in crime and murders due to the emergence of crack

A study by Crime Prevention Research Center, a gun-carrying advocacy site, looked at permit data from 2007-2013. It showed for each 1 percentage point increase in the adult population holding permits there is roughly associated with a 1.4 percent drop in the murder rate.

Peter Scharf, a Criminologist at Louisiana State University School of Public Health says those numbers are misleading. Over the past 40 years Scharf has published eight books on criminal justice and research into gun violence and he says communities with a high number of citizens carrying permits are typically areas where the crime rate is relatively low.

brain....violent crime is down in the U.S...not up...and more Americans own guns now than ever before....and our drop was bigger than Australias..and we didn't ban guns......

Yes gun ownership and concealed carry doesn't effect crime rates. Most evidence points to ownership down btw.

Sorry, that poll was a poll done by a guy who wants to influence politicians to pass more gun control laws....

Sorry, that poll was a poll done by a guy who wants to influence politicians to pass more gun control laws....
NRA tell you to say that?

No...unlike you gun grabbers I find information on my own....I don't have to have anti gun groups telling me the latest talking point.....

No...unlike you gun grabbers I find information on my own....I don't have to have anti gun groups telling me the latest talking point.....
Sure you don't.

Look......squirrel!

Sure you don't.

Look......squirrel!

Yeah moron...tell me where my links can be found anywhere in NRA material......

You post everything you think is pro gun. Look at that horrible Brazil article. It has a claim in the title it in no way backs up. You just post like a good robot.

Sure you don't.

Look......squirrel!

Yeah moron...tell me where my links can be found anywhere in NRA material......

Even the nra won't post some of the radical crazy stuff you post.

You post everything you think is pro gun. Look at that horrible Brazil article. It has a claim in the title it in no way backs up. You just post like a good robot.

brain....Vice T.V. are a bunch of libs......

Never heard of them. You should have read it and realized it had no value and not posted. I know you aren't looking around liberal sites.

Never heard of them. You should have read it and realized it had no value and not posted. I know you aren't looking around liberal sites.
Did you read this:

A Left Argument for Gun Rights
"One has to be kind of obtuse not to understand that a War on Guns, no matter how liberally inspired, will end up like all other such campaigns. It will create crime and pre-crime, and ”take the level of police statism, lawlessness and general social pathology up a notch in the same way Prohibition and the Drug War have done. [It will] expand the volume of organized crime, … to empower criminal gangs fighting over control over the black market, … lead to further erosion of Fourth Amendment protections against search and seizure, further militarization of local police via SWAT teams, and further expansion of the squalid empire of civil forfeiture, perjured jailhouse snitch testimony, entrapment, planted evidence, and plea deal blackmail.”"
You should read that whole article. It's very good.

"The concentration of wealth, and the concentration of armed power, in the hands of a few, are both bad ideas. And the one has everything to do with the other."​

The reality is, if the anti-rights groups didn't have bad arguments backed up by patently false data, they'd have no arguments... and they'd be backed up with nothing.

Last edited:

the story points out that gun control in Brazil has led to a,slaughter house....it has total relevance...

the story points out that gun control in Brazil has led to a,slaughter house....it has total relevance...

No there is no connection between gun control in the article. The only connection is a study actually says gun control saved lives. It doesn't give homicide rates pre-gun control and then rates after. Nothing of value.

Forum List

Back