Gun Control Compromise

On election night it gets pretty aggravating at times. You see the results and ask (WTF voted for him, or her, or whatever)?

Again, says the guy who voted for the Reality TV Clown.

In other words I think our country would be way better off if only people like us here in USMB were allowed to vote; people who know the issues and understand current events. Yet election after election, we end up with elections decided by people like this:

Why? She votes because she wants a phone. You vote because you hate black people. Neither is a particularly valid motive for voting, but there you are.

The ironic thing. She got a phone... you don't have health insurance. Good job.

Again, says the guy who voted for the Reality TV Clown.

At least he ran something before taking office. Ears never so much as operated a hotdog stand. Trump owned or operated over 500 businesses in his life.

We voted for Trump for a wall. You voted for a guy with a terrorist name simply because of the color of his skin.

Why? She votes because she wants a phone. You vote because you hate black people. Neither is a particularly valid motive for voting, but there you are.

The ironic thing. She got a phone... you don't have health insurance. Good job.

Yeah, she votes because she wants a phone. That's why the Democrat party is the party of Santa Clause. Just give people things and they'll vote for you even if they don't know the difference between the Congress and courts.

And don't brag about heath insurance. Yours is garbage if they won't allow you to see a shrink about your severe OCD problems.

Well maybe they're is a trade there as well.

We will let them ask questions to qualify owning a gun, and we get to have a short test before people can vote. Nothing too hard, just questions like who is the VP, what party are they from, who is the Speaker of the House, who has the majority in the Senate, just simple things like that.

If you can't pass the test, you can't vote. Good bye Democrat leadership forever.

Actually, I've found that most people who vote REpublican are equally piss ignorant, but voting is a right.

Compensating for a tiny pecker isn't. (The Second is about militias, not guns.)

So now Joe knows more than Supreme Court justices. Good on you Joe.

I would be willing to bet that if we could have such a test, the left would go bonkers and we would be celebrating. Your voters aren't even smart enough to get an ID. And it's not us saying that, it's your very own leaders.

And this is a good thing. You don't need a gun, and most people aren't comfortable with you having one.

Really? In my state, we keep re-electing the leaders and party that gave us CCW's in the first place, and keep on giving us more liberties to use it.

At least he ran something before taking office. Ears never so much as operated a hotdog stand. Trump owned or operated over 500 businesses in his life.

We voted for Trump for a wall. You voted for a guy with a terrorist name simply because of the color of his skin.

Actually, I didn't vote for Obama in 2008. I voted for him in 2012 because I fucking hate Mormons with a passion that would blot out suns.

Frankly, running a business (you inherited from your dad who did all the real work) doesn't really prepare you for running a government, as Trump is demonstrating amply now.

Yeah, she votes because she wants a phone. That's why the Democrat party is the party of Santa Clause. Just give people things and they'll vote for you even if they don't know the difference between the Congress and courts.

Well, at least she got something out of it.. that's the point. Enlightened self interest. If you have half the population voting for free stuff, it's because you've made it so hard for them to get it on their own.

And don't brag about heath insurance. Yours is garbage if they won't allow you to see a shrink about your severe OCD problems.

Naw, man, I just enjoy needling you about it. The best thing in the world for you in your situation would be to have Single Payer, where they don't care who you work for or how sick you are... you get covered.

So now Joe knows more than Supreme Court justices. Good on you Joe.

I would be willing to bet that if we could have such a test, the left would go bonkers and we would be celebrating. Your voters aren't even smart enough to get an ID. And it's not us saying that, it's your very own leaders.

Why should anyone need to get an ID to practice a human right.

And, yes, SCOTUS had no idea what they were talking about in Heller...

We've already compromised our Rights with 22,000 restrictive gun laws already on the books. Also, sweeping Fed Laws like NFA 1934, and GCA 1968 are a travesty. States have passed extremely restrictive gun laws. ALL of them unconstitutional.
22,000 unenforceable gun laws. The way the NRA designed them to be. Is it unconstitutional to ban the sale of guns in vending machines?

Actually, I've found that most people who vote REpublican are equally piss ignorant, but voting is a right.

Compensating for a tiny pecker isn't. (The Second is about militias, not guns.)

Most of us wouldn't know about that. Having a tiny pecker, and trying to compensate for it, seems to be uniquely your area of experience and expertise. We'll leave that to you.

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?
Since they have no power to make laws and cannot compromise, no deal.

BG checks lead to databases which lead to confiscation

No thanks

Carry anyway

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

-Geaux

anyone that will compromise with "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is not a 2nd amendment supporter and should be ignored or given a swirly

OH and they are also a traitor

That is not a functional proposal, as it would entail a conflict of state versus federal power. Congress can (theoretically) implement universal background checks. However, Congress does not have the power to mandate permit reciprocity, as licensing is a power reserved to the states.
Firearm regulation should be 100% reserved to the states. That was the point of the 2A.

Because the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all citizens residing in the states the right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Unlike you and other ignorant rightists, liberals correctly understand that the states do indeed have rights – but the states do not have the authority to violate the rights and protected liberties of their residents; “states’ rights” do not ‘trump’ the rights of American citizens.
Then you should demand a repeal of all federal gun laws.

:dunno:

That is not a functional proposal, as it would entail a conflict of state versus federal power. Congress can (theoretically) implement universal background checks. However, Congress does not have the power to mandate permit reciprocity, as licensing is a power reserved to the states.
Firearm regulation should be 100% reserved to the states. That was the point of the 2A.
that would violate the 2nd amendment

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Because the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all citizens residing in the states the right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Unlike you and other ignorant rightists, liberals correctly understand that the states do indeed have rights – but the states do not have the authority to violate the rights and protected liberties of their residents; “states’ rights” do not ‘trump’ the rights of American citizens.
Then you should demand a repeal of all federal gun laws.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT,,,ITS ALL THE FAKE SUPPORTERS THAT NEED BEATEN AND WHIPPED

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
All federal gun laws should be repealed because they are unconstitutional because the 2A was pointed at Congress. The clumsy-ass 14th fucked that all up.

So, if you want to argue 14th Amendment protections against states, I will not get in your way. That's one benefit that clumsy 14th does give us.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
All federal gun laws should be repealed because they are unconstitutional because the 2A was pointed at Congress. The clumsy-ass 14th fucked that all up.

So, if you want to argue 14th Amendment protections against states, I will not get in your way. That's one benefit that clumsy 14th does give us.
WE ARE TALKING 2ND NOT 14TH,,,and any compromise is treason and should ,,,will be fought at all cost

WE ARE TALKING 2ND NOT 14TH,,,and any compromise is treason and should ,,,will be fought at all cost
What I am saying is that originally, the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights was included to make states more likely to ratify it. The 2A was an assurance that the new Federal Government would not fuck with our guns. Originally, states could argue that they had the power to regulate firearms as strictly as they wanted, but then came the 14th Amendment and fucked that all up for the states.

So, now, neither the states nor the Federal Government can constitutionally regulate firearms.

It's gonna take a shooting war to get those rights back.

What I am saying is that originally, the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights was included to make states more likely to ratify it. The 2A was an assurance that the new Federal Government would not fuck with our guns. Originally, states could argue that they had the power to regulate firearms as strictly as they wanted, but then came the 14th Amendment and fucked that all up for the states.

So, now, neither the states nor the Federal Government can constitutionally regulate firearms.

It's gonna take a shooting war to get those rights back.

IF THERE BE A FIGHT BRING IT TO ME SO MY CHILDREN MAY LIVE IN PEACE

Forum List

Back