Guess Who's Opposing Legal Marijuana?

Why is it always the FREEDOM loving conservatives who want to legislate their version of "morality"?

Why do suppose freedom loving liberals want more government control over their lives , seems counter productive?

Really? I'm a liberal, and I want the government to stay the fuck away from me.

So.. why ask the government to tax you on pot, set up an agency or whatever to do so? Plus.. once they have their foot in your door there's no stopping them..

This just seems.... :cuckoo:... to me..

Last edited:
Why do suppose freedom loving liberals want more government control over their lives , seems counter productive?

So.. why ask the government to tax you on pot, set up an agency or whatever to do so? Plus.. once they have their foot in your door there's no stopping them..

Because I'd rather the government tax pot than break down my door and send me to jail for it.

Because I'd rather the government tax pot than break down my door and send me to jail for it.

That's just silly... as it is, if you have less than an ounce it's no big deal, as far as I know.

That's just silly... as it is, if you have less than an ounce it's no big deal, as far as I know.

Depends where you are. Here in NY, that's true, but it's still a court appearance and a fine, and you lose the pot (obviously). To me, that's a whole lot more intrusive than a tax.

Government should not dictate to a grown adult what they can put in THEIR body, of course it will be taxed and regulated; there is just no getting around that; but making money off of it seems like a better idea than spending money and man hours trying to keep people from doing something they are going to do anyway.

It is damn near impossible to outlaw sins of the heart or flesh in a free society, it only works in more totalitarian settings like Iran or China and I'll pass on that type environment.

Last edited:

Depends where you are. Here in NY, that's true, but it's still a court appearance and a fine, and you lose the pot (obviously). To me, that's a whole lot more intrusive than a tax.

Tax plus more government and controls that everyone has to pay for. It's bullshit in my opinion. So.. rather than having the government supposedly knocking down your door, your willing to open the door and just let them in because of your fear of government..This doesn't seems nuts to you?

Tax plus more government and controls that everyone has to pay for. It's bullshit in my opinion. So.. rather than having the government supposedly knocking down your door, your willing to open the door and just let them in because of your fear of government..This doesn't seems nuts to you?

What "more government and controls" are you talking about? This isn't going to cost money, this is going to be a positive revenue stream for the government. This is going to pay down California's debt, not raise it.

I'm willing to pay the government a small tax for the right to smoke pot unmolested.

Government should not dictate to a grown adult what they can put in THEIR body, of course it will be taxed and regulated; there is just no getting around that; but making money off of it seems like a better idea than spending money and man hours trying to keep people from doing something they are going to do anyway.

It is damn near impossible to outlaw sins of the heart or flesh in a free society, it only works in more totalitarian settings like Iran or China and I'll pass on that type environment.

Once the government has their foot in the door of course they will be dictating and why do you so readily acquiesce to being taxed and regulated..

Sure people are going to do it..

Once the government has their foot in the door of course they will be dictating and why do you so readily acquiesce to being taxed and regulated..

Sure people are going to do it..

That is happening, it is happening with all drugs, it is trying to happen with trans fats and thanks to more government into healthcare it will continue to happen, I rather enjoy much less government as opposed to the over two trillion dollars we've wasted on the War on (some) Drugs, it would be nice to see California lead the nation in this State's Right initiative and hopefully nullify federal reach into this matter:cool:

I support the 10th Amendment as well as the 9th:cool:

A founding father of the Reagan Revolution has put his John Hancock on a pro-pot report.

Milton Friedman leads a list of more than 500 economists from around the U.S. who today will publicly endorse a Harvard University economist's report on the costs of marijuana prohibition and the potential revenue gains from the U.S. government instead legalizing it and taxing its sale. Ending prohibition enforcement would save $7.7 billion in combined state and federal spending, the report says, while taxation would yield up to $6.2 billion a year.
Milton Friedman: Legalize It! - Forbes.com

God bless the late,great Milton Friedman!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvrPDGxpqc[/ame]

Last edited:

What "more government and controls" are you talking about? This isn't going to cost money, this is going to be a positive revenue stream for the government. This is going to pay down California's debt, not raise it.

I'm willing to pay the government a small tax for the right to smoke pot unmolested.

Don't you suspect that if government is going to tax pot that their going to set up controls and agencies to make sure they get their taxes paid. From growth of the weed to you sitting their puffing on a joint.

I don't have a problem with smoking pot, I have a problem with the government getting involved. I also have a problem with people so willing to give up their freedoms because of their fear of government...

By the way and just my opinion, if you're smoking more than an 1/8 ounce of pot a month you have a drug problem..face it and deal with reality.

I'm opposed to anyone coming across our borders illegally.

But that doesn't answer the question does it? What are you willing to do about them breaking into our house and stealing from us?

Are you fucking serious? :lol:

The same damn thing I'm willing to do about a US citizen breaking into someone's house.

What in the blue mother fucking HELL does this have to do with someone privately smoking a joint in the confines of his own home?

Yes, I'm fucking serious. Are you?

Don't you suspect that if government is going to tax pot that their going to set up controls and agencies to make sure they get their taxes paid. From growth of the weed to you sitting their puffing on a joint.

I don't have a problem with smoking pot, I have a problem with the government getting involved. I also have a problem with people so willing to give up their freedoms because of their fear of government...

How are they giving up freedoms by wanting it legalized:eusa_eh: that's like saying the best way to support freedom to own guns is to support gun control:eusa_eh:

Seems the present pot growers in Northern California are contributing a good deal of money to opposition to this bill.

No kidding.. the pot growers basically control the government in this area..

I know the Native Americans in northern Ca. control a lot of land for the "garden". The Eel River outside of Garberville is filled with the stuff. I felt like I was in the movie "Deliverance" when Steelhead fishing the area. Every quarter mile there would be a couple of them on the banks looking down on us with rifles and rambows making sure we were just fishing. I was waiting for the banjos to start playing. :lol:

Forum List

Back