Guess Who's Opposing Legal Marijuana?

Just think of all the money we could raise in revenue if we legalized break ins and robbery? Just tax it, require a license. I mean MILLIONS of robberies and home break ins occur every year, we will never eradicate it. Think of the revenue we could get by simply ignoring morals and legalizing it.

This is the best you got? Comparing and Herb to Break ins and Robbery?

lol

he has a point.

How? How does he have a point that legalizing an herb is the same as legalizing crimes where there is an actual victim. Crimes where someone elses rights are violated.

How? How does he have a point that legalizing an herb is the same as legalizing crimes where there is an actual victim. Crimes where someone elses rights are violated.

Because if the United States isn't dropping bombs on pregnant Iraqi women, looking at your genitalia on a body scanner at the airport, and recording your phone calls the terrorists win.

I mean really, what rights do we have if these things aren't happening?

What "more government and controls" are you talking about? This isn't going to cost money, this is going to be a positive revenue stream for the government. This is going to pay down California's debt, not raise it.

I'm willing to pay the government a small tax for the right to smoke pot unmolested.

Don't you suspect that if government is going to tax pot that their going to set up controls and agencies to make sure they get their taxes paid. From growth of the weed to you sitting their puffing on a joint.

I don't have a problem with smoking pot, I have a problem with the government getting involved. I also have a problem with people so willing to give up their freedoms because of their fear of government...

How are they giving up freedoms by wanting it legalized:eusa_eh: that's like saying the best way to support freedom to own guns is to support gun control:eusa_eh:

I suppose it's the ruse of taxing it, makes it more acceptable to legalize it.

Ah hell .. make it near legal for now but keep the "F"ing government out of it.. I'd be okay with that...

Don't you suspect that if government is going to tax pot that their going to set up controls and agencies to make sure they get their taxes paid. From growth of the weed to you sitting their puffing on a joint.

I don't have a problem with smoking pot, I have a problem with the government getting involved. I also have a problem with people so willing to give up their freedoms because of their fear of government...

How are they giving up freedoms by wanting it legalized:eusa_eh: that's like saying the best way to support freedom to own guns is to support gun control:eusa_eh:

Ah hell .. make it near legal for now but keep the "F"ing government out of it.. I'd be okay with that...

I had rather see it NOT taxed but we both know that's not going to happen,hell, politicians would tax the air we breathe if they could:lol:

I hope California legalizes it and thus we can drop this whole "medical marijuana" canard.

Medicinal marijuana hasn't been well studied and it's blatantly comical to listen to people claim that it is a wonder drug for every medical indication under the sun to include softer diagnosis' like anxiety and fibromyalgia.

Don't get me wrong, I think MJ has a real benefit to people on chemo and chronic diseases, but the compassionate souls behind the Cali Medicinal Marijuana act have basically become chagrined to find out that it's basically become a de facto way for people to obtain marijuana for recreational use.

If it is properly studied and researched, like all the evil "Big Pharma" drugs and shows usefulness then I am all for it. However, it has not been properly studied and anyone that says differently is full of it.

I don't object to the recreational use of MJ. I just object to bad science and I really object to people using physicians as drug dealers.

he has a point.

Legalizing an herb? Why donchya smoke some basil, it's not just an herb and you well know it. How about some oregano?

So you would take the LEFTIST approach and keep it illegal because that's what's "best" for us, right?

I had rather see it NOT taxed but we both know that's not going to happen,hell, politicians would tax the air we breathe if they could:lol:

Only if we let them... we should be cutting government not growing it.. Start with cutting drug enforcement relating to pot. If your smoking a joint in your home, there's no way they should be knocking down your door..that's just ridiculous.

Only if we let them... we should be cutting government not growing it.. Start with cutting drug enforcement relating to pot. If your smoking a joint in your home, there's no way they should be knocking down your door..that's just ridiculous.

I agree.

Fast food industry probably supports it

As well as Zig Zag Rolling papers

zigzag-white.jpg

Last edited:
Just think of all the money we could raise in revenue if we legalized break ins and robbery? Just tax it, require a license. I mean MILLIONS of robberies and home break ins occur every year, we will never eradicate it. Think of the revenue we could get by simply ignoring morals and legalizing it.
Big anti-Capitali$m person, are you???

:eusa_eh:

"Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. has long sold weed killer. Now, it's hoping to help people grow killer weed."

High Hopes At Miracle-Gro

You know, we have so many problems and people are obsessed with marijuana.

Do you honestly think it's going to matter if marijuana is legal if we can't afford food?

The prohibition on Marijuana is not merely s prohibition on that drug.

It is a POLITICAL TOOL (a police state bludgeon, really) that is used to marginalize and scapegoat a whole class of people who will NOT go along with the FASCIST MOTHERFUCKERS who run the show.

Big Alcohol Backs ‘No on Prop. 19' Campaign

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 09:01 AM PDT

California campaign finance reports disclose that The California Beer & Beverage Distributors Association is one of the primary financial backers of Public Safety First, sponsors of the ‘No on Prop. 19' campaign.

Booze Lobby Funding the No on 19 Campaign
via The East Bay Express

The California Beer & Beverage Distributors disclosed it donated $10,000 to defeat Prop 19 — which would regulate and tax marijuana like alcohol. The alcohol lobbyist’s funds will help spread the lie that employers must tolerate stoned employees, and the talking point that ‘California doesn’t need another legal, mind-altering substance.’ Alcohol causes an estimated $38 billion in costs in California each year from emergency room visits, arrests, etc, according to the Marin Institute. There are roughly 3,500 deaths annually from alcohol-related illness and more than 109,000 alcohol-related injuries in California. Conversely, pot caused 181 emergency room visits in 2008, according to a study by the non-partisan RAND Corporation, despite being used by more than four million Californians monthly.

Read the full story here: Big Alcohol Backs ‘No on Prop. 19′ Campaign | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

"Big alcohol" and a whole $10k!!! :lol:

So now alcohol is a vast evul shadow corp? :cuckoo:

Here's the bottomline, if you support govermnent regulating what plants you can grow on your property and what you do in the privacy of your own home that has no affect on others, than you aren't a small government conservative and you don't give a damn about individual liberties.

In other words you're equating marijuana use to robbery and burglary?

In case you haven't already worked it out; if someone in your neighborhood smokes a joint it doesn't affect you in any way. But if a robber sticks a gun in your face and takes your wallet, or if your local burglar relieves you of everything you value while you're out, those things will have a major negative effect on you.

So, sorry if I don't get the joke.

Forum List

Back