Guess the Price!

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
My apartment is being "converted," and I use that turn loosely, into a condominium. I have first crack at buying it at a "discounted price," again, used loosely. "Discounted price" means I can buy it as is, and not pay for the renovations they're doing to vacated apartments. I just got the asking price today, how much do you think they want?

Details:

680 sq ft. 1 bedroom with a livingroom/kitchen separated by a countertop (kitchen opens into living room) Carpet everywhere except bathroom and kitchen, where there's shitty linoleum or something similar. Building is 6-7 years old, in Annapolis, MD. Located near a shopping mall, but not in the historic district and not near any waterfront. Close to freeway access.

I'm on the 4th (top) floor, on an end unit. Fridge, range/oven (no microwave), dishwasher & disposal, and w+d in unit. I have a view of Sam's Club loading dock.

The complex has the usual apartment bullshit, pool, hot tub, "cardio theater" (treadmill, bike, elliptical, multi-purpose weight machine). I think there are 3-400 units in the complex.

So, who's got a guess as to the price? Closest one wins an internet cookie!

mom4 said:
Around these parts, you can get a 3000 sq ft. home on 1-3 acres for that price.

We got a ~2000 sq ft home on a smallish-but okay lot for $184K.

:-/

House about 4 blocks away, on a lot half the size, but the house was 200sq ft larger - just sold for $304K.

God Bless equity - but if WE got $300k for our place, I'd move way out in the sticks and get acres.

:)

Like...ohio? hehe

:p:

We're trying to buy more land. We have about a half acre now, 2700 sq ft house, if you count the finished part of the basement (2050 if you don't). We don't like living "in town." Besides the psycho drug neighbor (who was out mowing again today), it's just too crowded and noisy. Too much traffic. I grew up roaming a hundred acre wood (we owned 10), with a creek, hills. Couldn't see your neighbors. You could hear the creek running after a rain. Yeah, I'm spoiled. We live in the nicest neighborhood in town ("The Hill"). But I miss nature. :(

Here's some construction photos that give you an idea as to what the place looks like:

regfront.jpg

d&k2.jpg

d&k3.jpg

regattafin.jpg

Best pics I could find.

in san francisco, i designed a project very similar to that ...... units like yours sell 750,000 ....

Forum List

Back