Grown People actually snitch on someone at a job??

It does seem really petty to report someone for being late to work. I would never do it. I can't recall any time I've ever reported anyone for anything at work. I mind my own business too. If you are not as supervisor, why would you report someone?
While agree, I think details are pretty important here.

Was he three or five minute late, was it a few seconds late? Was he just sliding into work, just over the wire? Was this just a matter of not giving himself enough time to scrape frost off the windows, or being stuck in traffic, the line too long at the gas station, etc., or, is it something completely different?

Or was this a blatant disregard for the schedule, are we talking, hours late?

I have a hard time understanding the magnitude of the problem as it was written.

If folks in this thread bring up some important issues of co-workers picking up slack of chronically late co-workers if they are never there. . . . I don't know.
Lots of excuses being passed off as details.

He knows what time he's supposed to be at work. It's a requirement of the job. Accept the job, accept its terms.

Who cares if he's three or five minutes late? Late is late. If you're supposed to be there at 9:00 your weren't if you showed up at 9:03 or :05.
Not sure what sliding in and just over the wire mean, other than late for work of course.

Need gas you should plan ahead and ditto other contingencies. It's all part of personal responsibility, or should be.

Might sound petty to some to be so sticky about being on time for work but responsible management knows that allowing workers to show up at 9:03, 9:05 is the slippery slope to 9:10, 9:15, etc. Same for break, lunch times and whatever. X minutes is X minutes, not X plus another 5-10 minutes.

Don't like the rules? Lots of other places to seek work in this growing economy.

It does seem really petty to report someone for being late to work. I would never do it. I can't recall any time I've ever reported anyone for anything at work. I mind my own business too. If you are not as supervisor, why would you report someone?
While agree, I think details are pretty important here.

Was he three or five minute late, was it a few seconds late? Was he just sliding into work, just over the wire? Was this just a matter of not giving himself enough time to scrape frost off the windows, or being stuck in traffic, the line too long at the gas station, etc., or, is it something completely different?

Or was this a blatant disregard for the schedule, are we talking, hours late?

I have a hard time understanding the magnitude of the problem as it was written.

If folks in this thread bring up some important issues of co-workers picking up slack of chronically late co-workers if they are never there. . . . I don't know.
Lots of excuses being passed off as details.

He knows what time he's supposed to be at work. It's a requirement of the job. Accept the job, accept its terms.

Who cares if he's three or five minutes late? Late is late. If you're supposed to be there at 9:00 your weren't if you showed up at 9:03 or :05.
Not sure what sliding in and just over the wire mean, other than late for work of course.

Need gas you should plan ahead and ditto other contingencies. It's all part of personal responsibility, or should be.

Might sound petty to some to be so sticky about being on time for work but responsible management knows that allowing workers to show up at 9:03, 9:05 is the slippery slope to 9:10, 9:15, etc. Same for break, lunch times and whatever. X minutes is X minutes, not X plus another 5-10 minutes.

Don't like the rules? Lots of other places to seek work in this growing economy.
The point is, it isn't for your co-workers to police you.

If someone is late, that's not a co-worker's business unless it somehow affects the co-worker in doing his/her job. If you are dependent on a co-worker's presense in order to do your own job efficiently, then, yes, tell the boss if he/she is late. Otherwise, mind your own business.

It is up to supervisors to monitor the behavior of their staff.

If someone is late, that's not a co-worker's business unless it somehow affects the co-worker in doing his/her job. If you are dependent on a co-worker's presense in order to do your own job efficiently, then, yes, tell the boss if he/she is late. Otherwise, mind your own business..

It IS my business when I'm getting paid for 40 hours while working 40 hours and someone else is getting paid 40 hours and only working 38 or 39 hours because they're coming in late, leaving early, extending lunches and breaks, etc....

If someone is late, that's not a co-worker's business unless it somehow affects the co-worker in doing his/her job. If you are dependent on a co-worker's presense in order to do your own job efficiently, then, yes, tell the boss if he/she is late. Otherwise, mind your own business..

It IS my business when I'm getting paid for 40 hours while working 40 hours and someone else is getting paid 40 hours and only working 38 or 39 hours because they're coming in late, leaving early, extending lunches and breaks, etc....

Snitches usually have CRAPPY outside lives

"Broken Windows" theory of management. Minor transgressions cannot be regularly tolerated because they re-define what is "acceptable" and encourage further erosion of standards. It hurts EVERYBODY who works there.

Whoever "snitched" did everyone else a good service.

Anyone who even uses the word, "snitch" as the OP does is a loser. Who even uses that word outside a police TV drama?

Jesus.

"Broken Windows" theory of management. Minor transgressions cannot be regularly tolerated because they re-define what is "acceptable" and encourage further erosion of standards. It hurts EVERYBODY who works there.

Anyone who even uses the word, "snitch" as the OP does is a loser. Who even uses that word outside a police TV drama?

Jesus.

She told because she is ugly and has no man.

If she was attractive and married she would not have cared

Jesus.

Maybe she doesn't like you. Have you been unpleasant to her? You should always be pleasant and respectful to your co-workers.

It is the mark of a true loser to blame others for his own failings.

Jesus.

Maybe she doesn't like you. Have you been unpleasant to her? You should always be pleasant and respectful to your co-workers.

For now she will get the ROBOTIC treatment

I was in the wrong because I knew my manager was off that day and I took my time coming to work but I wasn't expecting anyone to tell on me

The fuck is this SCHOOL?

I was in the wrong because I knew my manager was off that day and I took my time coming to work but I wasn't expecting anyone to tell on me

The fuck is this SCHOOL?

A grown man doesn’t need mommy looking over his shoulder in order to fulfill his responsibilities. Talk about pathetic.

I "snitched" out the Sargents at work all the time.

Forum List

Back