Growing Hidden White Racism

This is no 'social trend,' it is merely one person's subjective impression. Nothing more to it than that.

As much as it pains me to agree with anyone who epitomizes stupidity as clearly as yourself, I must agree: How is anyone aware of anything, including changes in social attitude, if it is "Hidden."

Apparently the only one that sees it is the OP?

Perhaps the OP would like to express his opinion regarding other "hidden" racial mysteries?

Is the Easter bunny actually a black or white rabbit?

It does seem an epidemic of ignorance has developed since President Obama was elected to our nation's highest office. Those who don't accept the fact that a man of color holds that office were shaken to their core when he was elected and no matter the consequences to our nation they hope he fails.

McConnell, Boehner, Cantor and others will sacrifice anything in their efforts to discredit and criticize every word The President utters and ever policy he proposes - even if their motive is not based on the color of his skin, and only on their lust for power, what they have done (and not done) during President Obama's first term is despicable.

It is dishonest and irresponsible for you to try and mix up your personal political views and the subject of this thread the way you just did. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing so. It makes you a bad citizen. As for the first part of your unfortunate post, provide some real proof or stop with the empty dramatizing.

Are you serious? There is both the necessary (as probative of my opinon) and sufficient evidence on this message board alone that racism and racists have come out of the closet since President Obama took office.

Ignorance is the father of racism; one can be ethnocentric without being racist. The line is a simple one and easy to identify - see any post by yidar as one example (there are others to be sure).

Last edited:
Of course, but what study would cover a change in attitude that the group in question is afraid of uttering a single sylable of for fear of becoming a social pariah?.

Then why make baseless generalizations?

OK, I will explain it again and type really slow for you, lol.

I am talking about it because I am coming across this kind of stupidity at an ever increasing frequency, and this has exploded since Obama got elected. He has fanned the flames of hidden white racism inadvertantly, mostly by not censoring Holder.

I am concerned about this; that it doesnt seem to be worthy of being on your radar screen does not reflect on me.
Ah, I see what you're saying now. Somehow it is Obama's fault that people are racist and not afraid to express their racism.

That is just awesome.

You don't need to type slowly, you need to read carefully. The subjective impressions from your one tiny, less-than-significant life are no basis upon which to form conclusions about the state of race relations in the country as a whole or any reasons therefore. You could have just said, 'hey, I seem to notice more racist jerks now that obama is president. what about you guys?' But no, you had to over-reach and try to play Jr. Sociologist. That is where you went off the tracks.

I am not playing anything, Einstein. I am simply sharing observations, and yes, trying to see if anyone has experienced similar things.

So you're saying the problem is that you communicate so poorly? Could be.

No one else seems to be having a problem getting it, Dude.

The people who were racists 10 years ago, by and large, are still racists. However, I think the overwhelming majority of people aren't racists. And, I live in the South. I think it's a lot better down here than it was a decade ago when I moved here, mainly because a lot of the older generations are getting elderly, and the young kids coming up aren't racist at all, for the most part.

Yup....the crackers who used to be able to talk smack in the open are dying off.

Now they're in hiding.

Hang around enough folks from the deep South you'll find them. Especially if you hang around blacks.

This is no 'social trend,' it is merely one person's subjective impression. Nothing more to it than that.

As much as it pains me to agree with anyone who epitomizes stupidity as clearly as yourself, I must agree: How is anyone aware of anything, including changes in social attitude, if it is "Hidden."

Apparently the only one that sees it is the OP?

Perhaps the OP would like to express his opinion regarding other "hidden" racial mysteries?

Is the Easter bunny actually a black or white rabbit?

I dfont know if I am the only one that sees this stuff happening or not, but to play off desCarte a bit, I can only suppose that people in the same enviornment may experience things similar to me. Why not?

I am hearing this at bars and informal gatheirngs of average folks. So I cannot help but wonder if what I am hearing is not something others are also expereincing, and if so, this is not a good thing.

The people who were racists 10 years ago, by and large, are still racists. However, I think the overwhelming majority of people aren't racists. And, I live in the South. I think it's a lot better down here than it was a decade ago when I moved here, mainly because a lot of the older generations are getting elderly, and the young kids coming up aren't racist at all, for the most part.

Yup....the crackers who used to be able to talk smack in the open are dying off.

Now they're in hiding.

Hang around enough folks from the deep South you'll find them. Especially if you hang around blacks.

I do not live in the Deep South and I have several times heard this shit in the broad open air and everyone at the bar heard it too.

Had one of the guys at a Hooters and wearing a Swastika T-shirt. People were smiling and laughing like it was a joke. When he went heavy racial they still laughed.

Then why make baseless generalizations?

OK, I will explain it again and type really slow for you, lol.

I am talking about it because I am coming across this kind of stupidity at an ever increasing frequency, and this has exploded since Obama got elected. He has fanned the flames of hidden white racism inadvertantly, mostly by not censoring Holder.

I am concerned about this; that it doesnt seem to be worthy of being on your radar screen does not reflect on me.
Ah, I see what you're saying now. Somehow it is Obama's fault that people are racist and not afraid to express their racism.

That is just awesome.

Correspondence, which is all I pointed out, does not equate to causation, Genius.

It does seem an epidemic of ignorance has developed since President Obama was elected to our nation's highest office. Those who don't accept the fact that a man of color holds that office were shaken to their core when he was elected and no matter the consequences to our nation they hope he fails.

McConnell, Boehner, Cantor and others will sacrifice anything in their efforts to discredit and criticize every word The President utters and ever policy he proposes - even if their motive is not based on the color of his skin, and only on their lust for power, what they have done (and not done) during President Obama's first term is despicable.

It is dishonest and irresponsible for you to try and mix up your personal political views and the subject of this thread the way you just did. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing so. It makes you a bad citizen. As for the first part of your unfortunate post, provide some real proof or stop with the empty dramatizing.

Are you serious? There is both the necessary (as probative of my opinon) and sufficient evidence on this message board alone that racism and racists have come out of the closet since President Obama took office.

You take this message board as representative of the country as a whole? Are you fucking high?

You take this message board as representative of the country as a whole? Are you fucking high?

Nope, I'm not fucking high or fucking or high. But thanks for asking. This board is representative of the whole spectrum of political positions - of course the right wing fringe posts the most messages, but since they all echo each other it works out just fine.

Now they're in hiding.

People are people. Some of them are smart, some of them are stupid, and some of them are racists. I guess I am never really surprised to find people with racist views...disappointed, occasionally.

sufficient evidence on this message board alone that racism and racists have come out of the closet since President Obama took office.

I hate to point out the obvious, but posting racist b.s. anonymously on an internet message board isn't exactly "coming out of the closet."

Newsflash: racists and bigots NEVER have been regulated to low income/limited educated folk.....since the time of it's inception, you've had "men of good standing" in the community that belonged to the Klan.....bankers, lawyers, doctors, politicians, engineers, etc., etc.

And I would dearly love for you to explain in detail just how Obama is responsible for "allowing" racism and bigotry to fester in this country?

I m not talking about mere bigotry or preference for ones own. The sspread of white attitudes that dismiss blacks as sub-human, in effect, is becoming more blatant with each day.

The comments on this story:
Cops: Teen Beaten Unconscious Following Dodge Ball Fight « CBS Houston
illustrates what I am talking about. This kind of thing was not often read on sites prior to Obama and when they did bob to the surface like a toilet bowl floater, they were almost immediately denounced in such strident terms that the idiot would go elsewhere.

Not any more.

And having grown up in the South in the sixties, I remember that the sort of people who would talk racist trash post 64 were a minority of low income whites, but not educated whites. In the past two weeks I have overheard three racist comments by white men who were dressed proffessionally and twice I was told to my face blatantly racist things like, 'F^&* Obama, that damned N*$%^r. Things wont get better till that monkey gets thrown from office.'

The guy who said that wasn wearing a sweat stained blue collar shirt, or overalls like one might have expected low-brow racists to wear after the 64 Civil Rights Act. This man is a financial pro handling lots of loans to commercial outfits and was very well dressed at the time.

Obama has failed to lead this country toward a non-racial vision, instead giving free reign to the race baitors and making the situation far worse.

I pray it does not explode, but I fear it eventually will.

They can thank the Obama administration and the campaign arm of that. Educated whites are not becoming 'more racist', they are becoming less PC. Meaning issues like affirmative action and such have lost support.

I m not talking about mere bigotry or preference for ones own. The sspread of white attitudes that dismiss blacks as sub-human, in effect, is becoming more blatant with each day.

illustrates what I am talking about. This kind of thing was not often read on sites prior to Obama and when they did bob to the surface like a toilet bowl floater, they were almost immediately denounced in such strident terms that the idiot would go elsewhere.

Not any more.

And having grown up in the South in the sixties, I remember that the sort of people who would talk racist trash post 64 were a minority of low income whites, but not educated whites. In the past two weeks I have overheard three racist comments by white men who were dressed proffessionally and twice I was told to my face blatantly racist things like, 'F^&* Obama, that damned N*$%^r. Things wont get better till that monkey gets thrown from office.'

The guy who said that wasn wearing a sweat stained blue collar shirt, or overalls like one might have expected low-brow racists to wear after the 64 Civil Rights Act. This man is a financial pro handling lots of loans to commercial outfits and was very well dressed at the time.

Obama has failed to lead this country toward a non-racial vision, instead giving free reign to the race baitors and making the situation far worse.

They can thank the Obama administration and the campaign arm of that. Educated whites are not becoming 'more racist', they are becoming less PC. Meaning issues like affirmative action and such have lost support.

That's the elephant in the room isn't it? Whites aren't more racist, but they are far more fed up. As a consequence they don't dislike black people based on the color of their skin, they avoid them based on behavior. Issues like affirmative action haven't lost support because whites are now racist, affirmative action has lost support because it clearly has not worked. There is also a growing realization that affiirmative action will never work. It has reached and passed the point of diminishing returns. Affirmative action has helped all the people it was ever going to help.

Not any more.

Are you insinuating that the more overt forms of bigotry and racism are in the majority of "liberals" who no longer support such issues as "affirmative action"?

Not any more.

Are you insinuating that the more overt forms of bigotry and racism are in the majority of "liberals" who no longer support such issues as "affirmative action"?

No, the inference to be had was that the use of the 'race card' regarding differences in what should be policies, have caused many to recognize the problems with PC. Affirmative action type policies had their place in 60's and mid-70's, should have been dropped then. Bakke should have won. But the court ruled otherwise. There really was barely a blip, PC had established it's foothold. But the still waters run deep. The problem was obvious.

Now it's in the open. Reverse discrimination is wrong. Minorities are being tarred with the actions.

Before going all 'racist' on me, my take would be that if a company chose to hire a minority company or individual, BECAUSE that would bring in more business, fine. IF a student comes from an area/school/family with less advantages than 'average', a university can take their scores and disadvantages into consideration, PROVIDED that it is on income or lack thereof, not race.

Forum List

Back