Group Will Sue McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State

I must say this a damn joke. I am tired of the mentality of people that want the government to protect people from themselves. This has happened so many damn times it is getting old. Where are the parents here, THEY are the ones that feed the damn kids. It is actually GOOD for a parent to tell a child that they cannot have something they want every now and then anyway. Are we supposed to believe that today's parents are so weak they cannot say no to their child when they want something that will harm them? The solution to that is NOT taking the toys away but rather parents stepping up to the plate. Is there anyone here that would actually take the side of the lawyers?

And one wonders about the validity of the bumper sticker, "Liberalism is a mental disorder!!"

Its stories like this that validate it 100%!!!

Having said that, I will say, the most serious group of mental cases are the feminist bulldogs. With nothing meaningful in their lives whatsoever and being the most miserable of society, this is the crap they turn to atempting to provide some meaning to their lives. THE definition of pathetic..........

Last edited:
And one wonders about the validity of the bumper sticker, "Liberalism is a mental disorder!!"

Its stories like this that validate it 100%!!!

Having said that, I will say, the most serious group of mental cases are the feminist bulldogs. With nothing meaningful in their lives whatsoever and being the most miserable of society, this is the crap they turn to atempting to provide some meaning to their lives. THE definition of pathetic..........

I wonder though, I would be willing to bet that even the liberals on this board would not defend this abuse of the legal system. Personally, I think this is like a branch of extremist that are on both sides - the liberals here and the republicans suing over a birth certificate.

I must say this a damn joke. I am tired of the mentality of people that want the government to protect people from themselves. This has happened so many damn times it is getting old. Where are the parents here, THEY are the ones that feed the damn kids. It is actually GOOD for a parent to tell a child that they cannot have something they want every now and then anyway. Are we supposed to believe that today's parents are so weak they cannot say no to their child when they want something that will harm them? The solution to that is NOT taking the toys away but rather parents stepping up to the plate. Is there anyone here that would actually take the side of the lawyers?

They are also talking about eliminating the drive through windows.

Solution to America's Obesity Problem: Get Rid of Drive Throughs - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I have a simple one. Make fast food restaurant drive thru lanes illegal.
The audacity of that simple statement is embodies much of the probles we are experencein in America today. If that is how you feel then move the fuck out and go to a country where totalitarianism is tolerated.

I agree it is a joke, however, I disagree that the mentality is all about people wanting the government to protect them. I think there is a definite "sue those with a lot of money" mentality, particularly among many attorneys. Although, I'm not sure if they are after much money based on the article, just for McDonald's to stop putting toys in happy meals.

No, I do not take the side of the lawyers on this one.

Next thing you know, they will sue McDonald's because of their Play Places. That is the real reason my kids like to go there. They could care less about the toy.

I agree it is a joke, however, I disagree that the mentality is all about people wanting the government to protect them. I think there is a definite "sue those with a lot of money" mentality, particularly among many attorneys. Although, I'm not sure if they are after much money based on the article, just for McDonald's to stop putting toys in happy meals.

Next thing you know, they will sue McDonald's because of their Play Places. That is the real reason my kids like to go there. They could care less about the toy.

Good Point

They are also talking about eliminating the drive through windows.

Solution to America's Obesity Problem: Get Rid of Drive Throughs - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

McDonald's needs to that double order line is nothing but misery.

Although I consider fast food to be a little unhealthy(who doesn't), McDonald's is a ligitimate business entity that does provide a meal for a reasonable price--except for those chicken sandwichies and salads(I guess the ham-burgler created that part of the menu!)

I hope--in fact I am cheering--the notion that McDonald's will kick group-unknown ass into the sunset! In fact, McDonalds should sue their lawyer for taking up such a frivilous case.

A business entity can advertise their product honestly. Pomisin and providing toys with a happy meal is only dishonest if selling a happy meal is dishonest--which it is not!

Or the food.

"if you want freedom, you gonna have to kill a gingah, and his grimace to"

I thought it was coal that makes them ill, its McDonald's toys! Nice to know!

Do this idoits realize that a happy meal comes with a smaller portion at an inflated price?
A Hamburger, small fry and a drink! Yep that will make Little Joey Big Joey.

The biggest problem is what they eat and do at home. Most fat kids are fat, because they are constantly eating and eating between meals. They don't go outside and constantly sit in front of a TV eating themselves in commas!

Get a grip libtards! I have no problem with requiring restaurants to put the nutritional value (calories, fat, carbs, protein etc) on their products, like you get at the supermarket. Special Note: McDonald's does this voluntarily. But saying we can't eat something because it makes us fat is well LIBTARD FACISM!!!

My experience was the complete opposite.

When I bought my kids Happy Meals they would take a bite out of the burger, eat a few fries and then play with the toy

I ended up eating the Happy Meal

My experience was the complete opposite.

When I bought my kids Happy Meals they would take a bite out of the burger, eat a few fries and then play with the toy

I ended up eating the Happy Meal

Solution?

No no little Johnny you don't get the toy until you eat your meal. Nope don't care how much you cry; but if that's how you're going to act then we won't come to McDonalds at all.

It's called being a parent.

I'm thinking seriously of getting a suit up against McDonald's myself. I ordered a hamburger the other day and the pickle had some seeds in it. Can you believe that? What's the world coming to? First it's hot coffee and now it's seeds in the pickles. This has to stop someplace.

Rush just read part of a letter from some McDonalds honcho that tells the folks suing to basically go fuck off. The Mc rep said comments from the public via phone and on web sites since word of the law suits broke has been overwhelmingly in favor of the toys and meals.

Way to go McDonalds. Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

The letter I referred to in my previous post was from McDonalds CEO Jim Skinner.

Here's a tasty paragraph from it: "First, the public does not support your lawsuit. Internet sites, blogs and network surveys suggest that public opinion is running overwhelmingly against your premise. Our customer websites and phone lines at McDonald's are also busy, with more than nine out of ten customers disagreeing with your agenda. Parents, in particular, strongly believe they have the right and responsibility to decide what's best for their children, not CSPI. It really is that simple."

Wish more business leaders would fight back against the lefty loons trying to make trouble.

Response to CSPI - About McDonald's

McDonalds is trash food with no nutritional value + high sodium, fat and sugar. I would never let my kids eat there.

Perfectly your right. Just as it is my right to allow mine to eat there; and of course my responsibility to make sure it is done in moderation.

Forum List

Back