Group Will Sue McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FA_Q2, Jul 9, 2010.

1. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Group Will Sue McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

I must say this a damn joke. I am tired of the mentality of people that want the government to protect people from themselves. This has happened so many damn times it is getting old. Where are the parents here, THEY are the ones that feed the damn kids. It is actually GOOD for a parent to tell a child that they cannot have something they want every now and then anyway. Are we supposed to believe that today's parents are so weak they cannot say no to their child when they want something that will harm them? The solution to that is NOT taking the toys away but rather parents stepping up to the plate. Is there anyone here that would actually take the side of the lawyers?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    And one wonders about the validity of the bumper sticker, "Liberalism is a mental disorder!!"

Its stories like this that validate it 100%!!!

Having said that, I will say, the most serious group of mental cases are the feminist bulldogs. With nothing meaningful in their lives whatsoever and being the most miserable of society, this is the crap they turn to atempting to provide some meaning to their lives. THE definition of pathetic..........

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  3. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    I wonder though, I would be willing to bet that even the liberals on this board would not defend this abuse of the legal system. Personally, I think this is like a branch of extremist that are on both sides - the liberals here and the republicans suing over a birth certificate.

4. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    They are also talking about eliminating the drive through windows.

Solution to America's Obesity Problem: Get Rid of Drive Throughs - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

5. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    The audacity of that simple statement is embodies much of the probles we are experencein in America today. If that is how you feel then move the fuck out and go to a country where totalitarianism is tolerated.

6. Christopher

Christopher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I agree it is a joke, however, I disagree that the mentality is all about people wanting the government to protect them. I think there is a definite "sue those with a lot of money" mentality, particularly among many attorneys. Although, I'm not sure if they are after much money based on the article, just for McDonald's to stop putting toys in happy meals.

No, I do not take the side of the lawyers on this one.

Next thing you know, they will sue McDonald's because of their Play Places. That is the real reason my kids like to go there. They could care less about the toy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Good Point

8. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    This cracks me up. Who are these people?

9. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    McDonald's needs to that double order line is nothing but misery.

10. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Although I consider fast food to be a little unhealthy(who doesn't), McDonald's is a ligitimate business entity that does provide a meal for a reasonable price--except for those chicken sandwichies and salads(I guess the ham-burgler created that part of the menu!)

I hope--in fact I am cheering--the notion that McDonald's will kick group-unknown ass into the sunset! In fact, McDonalds should sue their lawyer for taking up such a frivilous case.

A business entity can advertise their product honestly. Pomisin and providing toys with a happy meal is only dishonest if selling a happy meal is dishonest--which it is not!