GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

Pennsylvania

In May 2020, Pennsylvania became the third state to ban child marriage. The marriage age is 18.
Only the third State? In 2020? Incredible! Here I thought the days of seeing junk cars and tires in people's front lawns were long gone. The ridiculous rise in the number of McMansions hogging all the available high grounds will apparently soon be more than matched by the return of trailer trash to the less conspicuous remainder..

My grandmother married at fifteen in 1916, and it was nothing uncommon. She was already working as a school teacher in the classic one-room schoolhouse.

These days we have extended childhood to 18 and beyond. You have to be 21 to buy a beer. It was only recently that the courts ruled that the right to bear arms applies to 18 year olds. There are arguments based on brain development that those under 18 or even under 21 should not be allowed to make life changing decisions.

Personally, I believe getting married is not a good strategy for a fourteen year old who gets pregnant. She will either marry another kid, if that is the father, or a grown man who had sex with a fourteen year old if that is the father. Far better for her to stay in her parents' house to get help in raising the child, or get help in finding adoptive parents.

I have to say, that I find it amusing that people on this thread who support psychologizing, medicalizing, and surgicalizing the sexual confusion that a large percentage of teenagers feel at some point in their development are in such a moral tizzy over teenagers getting married with the consent of a judge.

From the OP:

Wyoming is one of the top ten states for child marriage.
The Gop has always been about knocking up young girls and marrying them off. The reason they're against treating children's mental problems is it removes them as candidates to be used in this way. Can't be having that! Utah is all about using young kids in this way even worse.

wedding-dress-366543_1920-1170x600.jpg

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming.

The Republican Party is all about protecting the children, we’ve heard in recent years. The GOP wants to protect children from what they call ‘sexualization,’ such as the acknowledgment that a teenager can be LGBTQ, or even mentioning that a child may have same-sex parents.

What they won’t protect children against, though, is being married off before attaining adulthood.

The fight to defend child marriage has direct links to the ideology of denying women control of their own bodies.

Republicans argue that since a girl under the age of 16 can get pregnant, it’s necessary for her to have the option to marry — even though they’re against the right for her to choose a medical procedure to stop being pregnant, often even if it costs her life.

The current fight over child marriages is now the hottest in Wyoming, where legislation has been proposed to limit marriage to those aged 16 and above — and where Republicans are vehemently opposing it.

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming, although those under 16 must have the approval and order of a judge to do so.

Sounds perverted to me! What do you think?
This grooming culture has to stop.

As a general rule, I think every state should have a law prohibiting any person under the age of majority from getting married. (I say “general rule” because there is conceivably room for a some exception with parental consent under some circumstances. Maybe.)

HOWEVER, I believe the concern expressed by the OP is a bit hypocritical.

If a mere child can have authority (sometimes without parental consent) to have life changing surgery to “fix” his or her gender identity, then on what basis can that same child be denied the right to get married at the same age?

If it’s not hypocrisy, then what is the standard by which the two things can be distinguished?

The "option" to marry if pregnant and under 16. Sounds reasonable except when you compare it with the radical left's idea of administering drugs and hormones and castrating kids under 16 without parental notification.

Wow, the photo of the little girl the OP used was actually a photo stolen from a halloween costume company for childrens halloween costumes:

How dishonest of you, OP.

Amazon product

Last edited:
My grandmother married at fifteen in 1916, and it was nothing uncommon. She was already working as a school teacher in the classic one-room schoolhouse.

So, back before women even had the right to vote you grandmother got married at 15? Are you saying we should go back to those days?

So, back before women even had the right to vote you grandmother got married at 15? Are you saying we should go back to those days?

What the hell does voting have to do with child brides?

How the fuck do you fucking liberals connect these fucking dots? Just when I think you've said the dumbest thing possible, you open your mouth again.

When women have no rights all, getting married was their only way to survive.

So a womans right to pull a lever once every 2 years helped her survive?

Oh yea, please keep talking, GG. Your level of stupid goes up with every post.

Women had all rights that men did except the right to vote. Dumbass.

BUT IT'S THE PARTY OF MORALITY I TELL YOU

THAT'S WHAT TUCKER SAYS, SO IT MUST BE DA TROOF
Liz and Dick live there. I believe states have been infiltrated with globalist traitors. Normal voting would have over 60 Republican Senators easily. The House is a joke in that there are people there for many decades and traitors are pushed into certain districts. You cannot stop people from being lethargic at work when you take complete power.

Wow, the photo of the little girl the OP used was actually a photo stolen from a halloween costume company for childrens halloween costumes:

How dishonest of you, OP.

Amazon product

You can go to the Washington Press' website linked in the bottom of the OP's Article.
They are just a bunch of hacks ... They'll do anything to make an excuse ...
And act like they aren't just full of shit ... And trying to support the Narrative.

Rinse and Repeat ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back