Grocery store fires Arizona medical marijuana patient after drug test

Some jobs, drug testing is required. (Federal law, for me.)

There's an easy remedy to "State required". It's called "No".

Which is the same as a failed drug test, resulting in instant unemployability.

And not state required, mandated by FEDERAL law.

Again ---- if ONE person does it while the rest of the sheep continue to bleat, perhaps that's the outcome.

If the sheep quit being sheep though, State capitulates. Book it. What else can they do?

That's the whole point of saying "No" in a chorus.

Again ---- if ONE person does it while the rest of the sheep continue to bleat, perhaps that's the outcome.

If the sheep quit being sheep though, State capitulates. Book it. What else can they do?

Reread my post until you understand it.

He never will. He doesn't even understand that federal law supersedes state law.

He never will. He doesn't even understand that federal law supersedes state law.

There is no "federal law" even involved here.

The store has a company policy, which, executed as it was, violates the state law.
None of this is rocket surgery. All you have to do is read --- actually read --- the article in the OP. Does reading hurt or some shit?

If all the drug users refuse drug tests in a chorus only non drug users will be employed. Or is it expected that non addicts will join in solidarity?

If all the drug users refuse drug tests in a chorus only non drug users will be employed. Or is it expected that non addicts will join in solidarity?

Once AGAIN there is no "drugs" involved here either. Nor are there "addicts". You're once again showing your ignorance.

Then explain sanctuary cities.

Better opportunities for those of us who do not do drugs. Why would we give up that advantage, for the benefit of druggies?
You don't use aspirin or any type of antihistamine?
You two are so old there are no jobs..

Saying marijuana isn't a drug doesn't mean it isn't a drug.
What chemical process does it undergo for use?

And what pharmaceutical company has a patent on it?

Actually a wag who's on record calling for pot smokers to be shot in the face sitting on a message board claiming it IS a "drug", doesn't make it a "drug". Asserter has the burden of proof --- where is it?

You can call a peanut a "nut" but that doesn't make it not-a-legume. You can buy a box of Grape Nuts, rotsa ruck finding either one in there.

Grocery Store Fires Arizona Medical Marijuana Patient After Drug Test

Sue the state, , the state issues a card which says it is legal if it is legal the store has no legal right to fire someone unless of course it was used like booze lets say don't drink on the job.

The hard part about pot is you could smoke it today it will show up still 20 days , 30 days etc from the time you smoked. Booze gone inn 24 hrs .

The story didn't say, but if Albertson's is unionized the employer was REQUIRED to enforce this kind of thing if its in the contract.

If they kept their human relations in house they would have been crazy to take this kind of draconian action, I'd agree. But in a union environment , its a lot different. A failure to fire would be precedent for another case, where another employee was across the AZ border in Nevada where medicinal grass is legal to everyone.

Forum List

Back