Greetings from NC

jellybean

Drug of choice = Oreos
Jun 4, 2011
North Carolina
Finally, perhaps, I've found a place to air my thoughts, opinions, questions.....somewhere besides my husband's ear.....and to expand my consciousness on all things political. I am a 52 yr old white female and find that the older I get, the less I worry about making everyone happy. Can't be done. I definitely have a filter between my brain and my mouth, but I am more apt to speak my mind than I was 10 years ago.

I am a registered Republican and was raised by staunch Republican parents. However, I rarely vote straight ticket - I vote, instead, by my beliefs on the issues at hand. I am disenchanted with the current administration/government. Sometimes I think we ought to throw them all out and start from scratch, and only let REAL people back into Washington. No lawyers, no career politicians, no former lobbyists. Just real, everyday people who live the issues, deal with the real world on a daily basis, and who don't have an underlying agenda. People who truly want this country to be better, work better; people who truly want to solve the problems that are pulling us down; people who are less interested in their own popularity and fame and more interested in listening to those who voted them into office.

This could be fun.............! :cool:

Welcome Jellybean.

First the important question, are you a grape jellybean, a licorice jellybean, green, red, blue, yellow, pink, orange... um, what colors am I missing? :D

Let me say that I agree with you on our current government. I think we would be better off if we would shuffle us commoners in and out of the capital on a regular basis. Basically have a draft... anyone wanting the position is automatically disqualified.

By the way, I want to be President. :D

Please enjoy your time with us and remember to have fun.

Immie

Well, Immie, I'll keep you in mind in the next presidential election!!

And, BTW, I prefer to think of myself as a lemon yellow jelly bean...........

***WELCOME*** jellybean. If you are looking for debate, you will find it here. If you are looking for peace, you will find it here. If you are looking for emotional heat, you will find it here. If you are looking for a fun time, you will find it here. Whatever you are looking for can be found here, all depending upon your choices. Have fun sweetie :)

MMMmm, Lemon is good, but the licorice are my favorites. We fight over them in my house.

Okay, remember me for the Presidential election, but don't forget what I said about those who want the job... it applies to the President as well!

Immie

Last edited:
Finally, perhaps, I've found a place to air my thoughts, opinions, questions.....somewhere besides my husband's ear.....and to expand my consciousness on all things political. I am a 52 yr old white female and find that the older I get, the less I worry about making everyone happy. Can't be done. I definitely have a filter between my brain and my mouth, but I am more apt to speak my mind than I was 10 years ago.

I am a registered Republican and was raised by staunch Republican parents. However, I rarely vote straight ticket - I vote, instead, by my beliefs on the issues at hand. I am disenchanted with the current administration/government. Sometimes I think we ought to throw them all out and start from scratch, and only let REAL people back into Washington. No lawyers, no career politicians, no former lobbyists. Just real, everyday people who live the issues, deal with the real world on a daily basis, and who don't have an underlying agenda. People who truly want this country to be better, work better; people who truly want to solve the problems that are pulling us down; people who are less interested in their own popularity and fame and more interested in listening to those who voted them into office.

First, you must run the gauntlet.

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen English swallow?

:clap2::lol:

Holy cow! That's easy...

The Swallow Question

I like the last one:

Depends on the swallow

Is it over or under weight?

Give her something really challenging.

Immie

Last edited:

Welcome, jellybean.

Holy cow! That's easy...

The Swallow Question

I like the last one:

Depends on the swallow

Is it over or under weight?

Giver her something really challenging.

Immie

What is your favorite color?

You only think I didn't hesitate!

My thought was, "Color? Are we talking about the color of an unladen English Swallow or are we talking about my favorite color? Um, what color is an English Swallow any way?"

I quickly decided I'd go with my favorite color and hope that if you meant the bird that at least some of them were green!

Immie

Love the Tarheel state!

I was there at Camp Lejeune from May 1960 to August 1964, with excursions on board ship and some schooling at Little Creak, Va. I travelled N.C. from East to West - all the way from Jacksonville to Lake Junaluska in the west, and Nag's Head on Cape Hatteras in the North east, Wrightsville Beach in the south, And Ralleigh and Chapel Hill just for fun. (There was a rathskeller in Raleight, and college girls in C.H.) I got to know NC better than I did my own home state of Indiana. I have a friend who retired to Otto, N.C. almost on the Ga. state line.

I did get to love the Tarheel state!

Welcome to the board - like N.C. ...
You will find everything you like here at USMB.

You have jaundice???!!!! :eek:

Ya know they have treatments for that now.......

Welcome!

Love the Tarheel state!

I was there at Camp Lejeune from May 1960 to August 1964, with excursions on board ship and some schooling at Little Creak, Va. I travelled N.C. from East to West - all the way from Jacksonville to Lake Junaluska in the west, and Nag's Head on Cape Hatteras in the North east, Wrightsville Beach in the south, And Ralleigh and Chapel Hill just for fun. (There was a rathskeller in Raleight, and college girls in C.H.) I got to know NC better than I did my own home state of Indiana. I have a friend who retired to Otto, N.C. almost on the Ga. state line.

I did get to love the Tarheel state!

Welcome to the board - like N.C. ...
You will find everything you like here at USMB.

LOL! Are you sure Otto, NC is almost on the GA state line?

Forum List

Back