Greetings from Italy

Franck

Italian engineer
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone, I introduce myself:
I'm an engineer and I work for the development of trading systems.
I am interested in economics and American politics.
I am a supporter of Direct Democracy: I think the form of government of the future.
I do not speak English very well and this is one of the first forum in which I write, so sorry if I make mistakes in writing or respond slowly.
Thanks to all

hello010.gif

Hey Franck. Welcome to the digs. :up:

Welcome Franck! Your English writing skills are AWESOME, trust me you wouldn't want to see me try to write in Italian :) Tip of the hat to you sir :) Enjoy the forums!

Isn't Direct Democracy just mob rule?

I think that almost all politicians are driven only by economic reasons and that most people are interested in politics only during election periods, so politicians do nothing but promise as much as possible during the election campaign and then once elected their interests for people take a back seat.
In my opinion, therefore, the only way to govern a country in support of the people is that it is the people themselves to govern.
Of course, the practical realization is very difficult, but if each of us worked even one hour a day to contribute to discussions and then to government decisions, according to the competence of each one, maybe you would be able to change the world.
I know this is almost a utopia, but I hope that in the future it can be realized.
Bye

I am a supporter of Direct Democracy: I think the form of government of the future.
I do not speak English very well and this is one of the first forum in which I write, so sorry if I make mistakes in writing or respond slowly.
Thanks to all

I'm still pushing for a benevolent monarchy...... with me as king..... of course......

I think that almost all politicians are driven only by economic reasons and that most people are interested in politics only during election periods, so politicians do nothing but promise as much as possible during the election campaign and then once elected their interests for people take a back seat.
In my opinion, therefore, the only way to govern a country in support of the people is that it is the people themselves to govern.
Of course, the practical realization is very difficult, but if each of us worked even one hour a day to contribute to discussions and then to government decisions, according to the competence of each one, maybe you would be able to change the world.
I know this is almost a utopia, but I hope that in the future it can be realized.
Bye

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper

Bye

You left out the most important part of the statement as many so often do.

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

The Destruction of American Liberty (1994) ISBN 0312123337 - James Bovard

This statement also definitely occurs in the "Conclusion" (p. 333) of his book Lost Rights:

Lost Rights, (0312123337), James Bovard, Textbooks - Barnes & Noble

Bye

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

This statement also definitely occurs in the "Conclusion" (p. 333) of his book Lost Rights:

Which is?

Which is?

See above.

Bye

Even if it is one wolf and two sheep the election ends the same. So much for Democracy.

See Franck? You having a positive influence already. Welcome and hello. Most of us make up our own English so no worries there.

Thanks to all

Hi there, Franck. Welcome to the board.

-Jeri

Even if it is one wolf and two sheep the election ends the same. So much for Democracy.

See Franck? You having a positive influence already. Welcome and hello. Most of us make up our own English so no worries there.

That's the power of Democracy: everyone don't really believe in it, but if there is a chance, everyone wants to contribute!

That's the power of Democracy: everyone don't really believe in it, but if there is a chance, everyone wants to contribute!

Nicely put. We just need oversight of the wolf.

tumblr_lw0d94L6Bc1qg6uvho1_1280.jpg

Forum List

Back