Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims Of Surveillance...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wow, he better watch his back. A whole lot of very powerful forces want him silenced. Pray for his safety.

242076_5_.jpg

The man who helped bring about the most significant leak in American intelligence history is to reveal names of US citizens targeted by their own government in what he promises will be the “biggest” revelation from nearly 2m classified files.

Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who received the trove of documents from Edward Snowden, a former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor, told The Sunday Times that Snowden’s legacy would be “shaped in large part” by this “finishing piece” still to come.

His plan to publish names will further unnerve an American intelligence establishment already reeling from 11 months of revelations about US government surveillance activities.

Greenwald, who is promoting his book No Place To Hide and is trailed by a documentary crew wherever he goes, was speaking in a boutique hotel near Harvard, where he was to appear with Noam Chomsky, the octogenarian leftist academic.

“One of the big questions when it comes to domestic spying is, ‘Who have been the NSA’s specific targets?’," he said.

“Are they political critics and dissidents and activists? Are they genuinely people we’d regard as terrorists?

What are the metrics and calculations that go into choosing those targets and what is done with the surveillance that is conducted? Those are the kinds of questions that I want to still answer.”

Greenwald said the names would be published via The Intercept, a website funded by Pierre Omidyar, the billionaire founder and chairman of eBay. Greenwald left The Guardian, which published most of the Snowden revelations, last autumn to work for Omidyar.

“As with a fireworks show, you want to save your best for last,” Greenwald told GQ magazine. “The last one is the one where the sky is all covered in spectacular multicoloured hues.”

The publication last week of Greenwald’s book about the story behind Snowden’s leaks has re-ignited controversy about the motives of the young computer technician, who fled to Hong Kong nearly a year ago and was then given refuge by Russia, which has resisted US demands to extradite him.

Greenwald has even debated Gen Michael Hayden, a former NSA and CIA director, in Toronto. A famously aggressive and relentless former lawyer, Greenwald refused to engage in any social niceties with his adversary.

"I think that's he's a war criminal and belong in the Hague," he explained. "And so to shake his hand or chat with him at a cocktail party is something really unpleasant to me." Away from TV studios and debating chambers, however, Greenwald is affable and engaging...

Read more: Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance | RealClearPolitics
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Now we know why Vodafone sold out of their US venture with Verizon...
:eusa_shifty:
CELLPHONE OPERATOR REVEALS SCALE OF GOV'T SNOOPING
Jun 6,`14 -- One of the world's largest cellphone companies on Friday revealed the scope of government snooping into phone networks, saying authorities in some countries are able to directly access its network without seeking permission.
Vodafone outlined the details in a report that covers 29 countries in which it directly operates and gives the most comprehensive look to date at how governments monitor mobile phone communications. It amounts to a call for a debate on the issue as businesses increasingly worry about being seen as worthy of trust. The most explosive revelation was that in six countries, authorities require direct access to an operator's network - bypassing legal niceties like warrants. It did not name the countries for legal reasons and to safeguard employees working there. "In those countries, Vodafone will not receive any form of demand for lawful interception access as the relevant agencies and authorities already have permanent access to customer communications via their own direct link," the report said.

59a19e5e-0008-464c-9916-44ca5ab089ca-big.jpg

Vodafone, one of the world's largest cellphone companies, on Friday, June 6, 2014 revealed the scope of government snooping into phone networks, saying authorities in some countries are able to directly access an operator's network without seeking permission

Vodafone's report comes one year after former NSA administrator Edward Snowden revealed that U.S. and other countries' intelligence agencies routinely gathered huge amounts of private data belonging to millions of innocent people in America and across the globe. The revelations have focused particular attention on the role of Western technology and telecommunications firms, which stand accused of facilitating the mass surveillance by giving spies unrestricted access to their networks. Several Silicon Valley companies have since attempted to restore consumers' trust by publishing data on government surveillance.

But telecoms companies found themselves in an even more uncomfortable position. Historically closer to governments since many were once state-owned, telecoms companies are much more heavily regulated and have employees on the ground - making them more sensitive to government demands for data. By making its report public, together with a breakdown on requests for information, Vodafone took the unusual step of entering the international debate about balancing the rights of privacy against security. Rather than being stuck with responsibility and consumer backlash when consumers realize their data has been scooped up without their knowledge, companies like Vodafone have decided it is time to push for a debate. "Companies are recognizing they have a responsibility to disclose government access," Daniel Castro, senior analyst for the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation in Washington, D.C. "This is new."

MORE

Now we know why Vodafone sold out of their US venture with Verizon...
:eusa_shifty:
CELLPHONE OPERATOR REVEALS SCALE OF GOV'T SNOOPING
Jun 6,`14 -- One of the world's largest cellphone companies on Friday revealed the scope of government snooping into phone networks, saying authorities in some countries are able to directly access its network without seeking permission.
Vodafone outlined the details in a report that covers 29 countries in which it directly operates and gives the most comprehensive look to date at how governments monitor mobile phone communications. It amounts to a call for a debate on the issue as businesses increasingly worry about being seen as worthy of trust. The most explosive revelation was that in six countries, authorities require direct access to an operator's network - bypassing legal niceties like warrants. It did not name the countries for legal reasons and to safeguard employees working there. "In those countries, Vodafone will not receive any form of demand for lawful interception access as the relevant agencies and authorities already have permanent access to customer communications via their own direct link," the report said.

59a19e5e-0008-464c-9916-44ca5ab089ca-big.jpg

Vodafone, one of the world's largest cellphone companies, on Friday, June 6, 2014 revealed the scope of government snooping into phone networks, saying authorities in some countries are able to directly access an operator's network without seeking permission

Vodafone's report comes one year after former NSA administrator Edward Snowden revealed that U.S. and other countries' intelligence agencies routinely gathered huge amounts of private data belonging to millions of innocent people in America and across the globe. The revelations have focused particular attention on the role of Western technology and telecommunications firms, which stand accused of facilitating the mass surveillance by giving spies unrestricted access to their networks. Several Silicon Valley companies have since attempted to restore consumers' trust by publishing data on government surveillance.

But telecoms companies found themselves in an even more uncomfortable position. Historically closer to governments since many were once state-owned, telecoms companies are much more heavily regulated and have employees on the ground - making them more sensitive to government demands for data. By making its report public, together with a breakdown on requests for information, Vodafone took the unusual step of entering the international debate about balancing the rights of privacy against security. Rather than being stuck with responsibility and consumer backlash when consumers realize their data has been scooped up without their knowledge, companies like Vodafone have decided it is time to push for a debate. "Companies are recognizing they have a responsibility to disclose government access," Daniel Castro, senior analyst for the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation in Washington, D.C. "This is new."

MORE

It's criminal. Large Corporations and Government are one entity now. They work very closely together to thwart the Constitution and Freedom. The Globalist Elites are ushering in their Global Fascist State. That's what the New World Order is all about. Government, Corporations, and Media are one entity. It's a real shame most people don't care though. It's only gonna get worse. Unless the People stand up and oppose the Globalist Elite. But i have to say, i'm not very optimistic.

It's criminal. Large Corporations and Government are one entity now. They work very closely together to thwart the Constitution and Freedom. The Globalist Elites are ushering in their Global Fascist State. That's what the New World Order is all about. Government, Corporations, and Media are one entity. It's a real shame most people don't care though. It's only gonna get worse. Unless the People stand up and oppose the Globalist Elite. But i have to say, i'm not very optimistic.

It's the Jews right?

And that's got to be some list I bet. It's probably shorter if you list who isn't a target...

It's the Jews right?

And that's got to be some list I bet. It's probably shorter if you list who isn't a target...

The Globalist Elites are ushering in their Global Fascist State. Just take a closer look around. Government, Corporations, and Media are one now. And yes, some Jews do play a part in it. Bankers are probably the real power behind the New World Order. And many of the largest bankers in the World are Jews. But the New World Order is bigger than that. The Globalist Elites want you to be their slave. And they're well on their way to making that a reality.

It's the Jews right?

The Globalist Elites are ushering in their Global Fascist State. Just take a closer look around. Government, Corporations, and Media are one now. And yes, some Jews do play a part in it. Bankers are probably the real power behind the New World Order. And many of the largest bankers in the World are Jews. But the New World Order is bigger than that. The Globalist Elites want you to be their slave. And they're well on their way to making that a reality.

Their slave eh? What's the pay-scale and benefits package? Is it DOE? I might be too old for slavery. Maybe I can consult instead...

It's the Jews right?

Their slave eh? What's the pay-scale and benefits package? Is it DOE? I might be too old for slavery. Maybe I can consult instead...

Look around. Their Global Fascist State is rapidly becoming a reality. But the Globalist Elites can be stopped. It's just gonna take a miraculous Global Awakening though. I'm not optimistic, but who knows?

This is one of the our most important weapons in the ongoing war to cripple the global oligarchy:

1942_USDA.jpg

Put the power of production back into the hands of the world's working poor.

This is one of the our most important weapons in the ongoing war to cripple the global oligarchy:

1942_USDA.jpg

Put the power of production back into the hands of the world's working poor.

I don't know about that. The Globalist Elites will likely find a way to control and profit off that too. Who do you think runs the largest pharmaceutical companies on this Earth? You don't think they're gonna get in the Marijuana biz? In fact, i think they already are to an extent.

Look around. Their Global Fascist State is rapidly becoming a reality. But the Globalist Elites can be stopped. It's just gonna take a miraculous Global Awakening though. I'm not optimistic, but who knows?
I'd like to respond but the Global Elites are calling. They'd like me to do a phone interview at noon. If it goes well they're taking me to lunch, in Prague.

I'd like to respond but the Global Elites are calling. They'd like me to do a phone interview at noon. If it goes well they're taking me to lunch, in Prague.

I highly doubt you were invited to Bilderberg, or allowed to join the Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission. You're to be their slave. It is what it is.

I highly doubt you were invited to Bilderberg, or allowed to join the Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission. You're to be their slave. It is what it is.
Your paranoia is noted. You should read Chomsky, he'll help you understand.

Their plans for a One-World Global Fascist State are rapidly coming to fruition. If you wanna ignore that reality, i guess there's nothing i can do about it. But it is happening. Greenwald's a true hero. I hope this is the beginning of the World waking up to what the Globalist Elites are doing.

Their plans for a One-World Global Fascist State are rapidly coming to fruition. If you wanna ignore that reality, i guess there's nothing i can do about it. But it is happening. Greenwald's a true hero. I hope this is the beginning of the World waking up to what the Globalist Elites are doing.
While there are certainly Elites, the Plans you see are your paranoid mind, and those like you, at work. That is what Chomsky would tell you, there is no plan even though it might look like there is. That kind of control they can only dream about, and I'm sure that many of them do. It would be even easier for them that way.

While there are certainly Elites, the Plans you see are your paranoid mind, and those like you, at work. That is what Chomsky would tell you, there is no plan even though it might look like there is. That kind of control they can only dream about, and I'm sure that many of them do. It would be even easier for them that way.

Oh they certainly do dream of that kind of control, and their dreams are coming true. They're making rapid progress in the pursuit of their Global Fascist State. It'll take them a bit more time, but they're getting there. We desperately need more heroes like Glenn Greenwald.

I am very much opposed to the domestic spying which our country has been doing against citizens. Very much so.

But we are talking about a person who has defected to a country which is far, far, far more oppressive and totalitarian than ours.

Neither he nor his mouthpiece are heroes. Not even close. They are tools of our enemies.

Russia is using these creeps.

Last edited:
I am very much opposed to the domestic spying which our country has been doing against citizens. Very much so.

But we are talking about a person who has defected to a country which is far, far, far more oppressive and totalitarian than ours.

Neither he nor his mouthpiece are heroes. Not even close. They are tools of our enemies.

Russia is using these creeps.

Obviously i disagree with your assessment. Glenn Greenwald is a brave Patriot. He's risked everything to tell you the truth. We desperately need more heroes like him. The Globalist Elite agenda can be thwarted. But it's gonna take a Global Awakening to make that happen. And hopefully, Greenwald has started that awakening.

John F. Kennedy knew what was going on...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUsJHeVXiE]John F Kennedy Secret Society Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Eisenhower understood too...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwmYNNAxQY]Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back