Green New Deal

The "Green New Deal" has broad support among Democratic activists, and all six of the 2020 presidential "contenders" currently serving in the Senate have signed on as co-sponsors".

Yet, not a single Senate Democrat votes "for" this Green New Deal, with excuse of protesting GOP "nonsense". You abstain in protest against something you don’t agree with, you don’t abstain against your own bill.

Even they know they can't vote in support of the bill because it's simply insane.

we dont need to change the entire structure of government, but we need to do something! SOMETHING! and that's the solution.

they wave this wand and they say its gonna cost 100 trillion dollars. they sound like Dr Evil!

300 years after the enlightenment it shouldnt be an open question to not believe scientists. we must take the lead in ensuring that we free this country from dependence on fossil fuels. lower income communities and minorities are bearing the brunt of climate change disasters.

THE GREEN NEW DEAL = REPARATIONS!

The global wind & solar revolution is powering ahead even against a flood of fossil fuel industry obstruction

“Every day we don't take action is a day stolen from us."‬
‪– Saheedah Majolagbe of GlobalKids.‬ ‪Saheedah is only 15 but she grasps the threat of climate change better than some leaders in Washington. We can't let her generation down.

“Pollster Celinda Lake said that as she surveyed likely 2020 swing voters, she was surprised to hear people repeat false assertions made by the president and his allies — that Democrats would end air travel and shut down dairy farms and beef production”

With Polls and Private Meetings, Republicans Craft Blunt Messaging to Paint Democrats as Extreme
They clearly did not bother to actually read the GND. Many of those 'falsehoods' were pretty explicitly stated.

If we assume climate change is a real threat, the solution is not more government or a $93 trillion Green New Deal. The solution is NEVER more government! The only system that has proven to effectively solve the world’s big problems is the free market. That’s how you solve climate change.

we need to drink clean air and breathe clean water, my friends!

Clean up your own neighborhood and leave mine alone.

4.jpg

This reminds me, later this week I am going to order a bacon cheeseburger, a hot dog, both with the works, and medium fries at the local Five Guys. The next day I will stop by Pepe's and order two medium sausage, onion, garlic, peppers, mushroom pizzas at the original New Haven location. Coal fired, 700 degree brick oven, heat cranking year round except for one day for annual cleaning.

Gov. Jay Inslee: "We are going to build an economy that gives America 100% clean electricity in their homes and businesses. We are going to build an economy that gives Americans 100% clean cars and buses."

"politicians who tell you what the future will be will later tell you why it didn't happen" - Churchill

climate change? CLIMATE CHANGE?

Forum List

Back