Green New Deal: Fossil Fuel Civilization Will Collapse by 2028 &the Bold Economic Plan to save earth

BROTHERS AND SISTERS: the carbon bubble when it bursts will cause tremendous societal, environmental, and economic impact. but the beauty of it is that that's the only way we're gonna save this planet!

from Businessweek:

How do you save a rainforest? Create a national park, hardcore conservationists would say. That isn’t practical, though, if you’re a nation with 45 million acres of rainforest—an area about the size of Washington state—and a per capita income of just over $8,000 a year. “A tree left standing is not valuable to a family who can’t feed their children three square meals a day,” says Pradeepa Bholanath, head of planning and development for the Guyana Forestry Commission. ●With the help of international donors, Guyana, a country of fewer than 750,000 people, is pioneering an approach to protecting the trees that cover more than four-fifths of its surface. To make the rainforest last, it’s using it up slowly. ●Norway signed a deal with Guyana in 2009 offering it as much as $250 million to curb deforestation, and with it, climate change. Trees are one of the world’s oldest and best carbon-capture technologies; they absorb carbon dioxide from the air, store the carbon in wood, and release oxygen. The money paid for, among other things, scientists from Winrock International to assist the Guyana Forestry Commission in developing a system for measuring the quantity of carbon stored by the country’s forest. Having carried out an inventory of its trees, the commission can now make educated decisions about which ones can be cut down without imperiling the health of the entire ecosystem. Guyana’s annual rate of deforestation has dropped to 0.048%, one of the lowest figures in South America and well below the 0.275% average for tropical countries.

Save the earth? Aren’t Republicans actively working to destroy it? Isn’t that why they want to get rid of clean air and clean water?

Building nuclear powerplants isn't as simple as it sounds. They are expensive, and some smaller utilities, even several small utilities, can't fund the construction of them. The utilities can't charge customers until the plant makes electricity. A nuke plant can cost several $billion and take 10-years to build. That is a lot of financing to recover. Here is what happened when they ran out of money....they only completed one of the two planned units.
Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant - Wikipedia

The newest US nuclear powerplants are in Georgia:
Build New Reactors

New Vogtle Plant in Georgia
I listened to a discussion regarding nuclear plants that do not produce the hazardous waste that current facilities do, and their waste does not produce weapons useful byproducts. I haven't had time to read up on it yet but am planning to do so. Molten Salt Reactors is what they are called.

I have good news for you: Manmade climate change is a hoax. The earth is getting slightly cooler, not warmer. We have enough natural gas and oil to last us for at least another 50 years, at the bare minimum. If we would take advantage of the wonder of nuclear power, we could make our natural gas and oil last much longer.

The idea that fossil fuels are going to collapse is typical leftarded nonsense.

Roughly a quarter of oil demand is for cars, a quarter for heavy trucks, a quarter for airlines, and a quarter for chemical production.

The only one where battery technology will replace oil anytime in the next two generations is for cars. And that won't start happening in size until the 2030s.

Leftists are so retarded.

brothers and sisters: we need to get rid of all the cows!

let me explain, my friends: when cows fart, they emit methane gas, which is 30 times more dangerous to the climate than carbon. also, they emit nitrous oxide.

we need to change our hearts so we can change our minds so we can change our disastrous climate policies
The elitists have lied to much. This climate thing was pushed around 50 years ago. You must separate pollution from climate first of all. And pushing for cleaner ways is okay. However pushing them while causing people to become impoverished is not. You can build low energy homes today, but you are not going to knock down 95% of the nation's housing stock to build them. Technology improvements must be used when they can. To many shysters in this nation and world. They will promote extra insulation, better windows, efficient water heaters, efficient electrical appliances, more modern A/C Heating units as the result of investing tens of trillions of dollars when these things exist in better forms today and can be upgraded for a pittance in research and development. But pushing things on people that bring the costs massively up is not going to adhere you to the public when they get the tab. There are still people pizzed about the 1.5 gallon toilets....p.s... sometime ago I read there is a solar mirror farm/windmills I believe in the western desert somewhere in our nation that can not ship any energy because of rules and laws by environmentalists that will not allow wiring from the source. There is to much in corruption in near everything the government is involved in that has middlemen as crumb catchers. Also there is a lot of grumbling today as compared to years ago as we are more highly taxed as compared to then. These see saw energy cost swings must end.

Climate change can be scary.
Guess we need to prepare rather than try to stop natural earth evolution.

Perish the thought that Minnesota may have to suffer through an increase of 0.1 degree of heat in the summer.
When Lake Superior looks like this 20190222_180113.jpg
I will take global warming seriously and celebrate by having a Mai Tai on the beaches of Duluth.

So far...
Really dissapointed in the rate of warming.:45:

Fossil Fuel Civilization Will Collapse by 2028

A stupid ignorant pathetic lie that gets regurgitated every decade.

my friends, by the time today's toddlers become adults, half of the world's species will be extinct if we dont do something!

LOL. Shut the fuck up you ignorant dimwit. I KNEW you were a total tard, thanks for proving it

from The Guardian:

"It was an iconic symbol for all the glaciers in Sweden. But we don’t need any more symbols," says Gunhild Ninis Rosqvist, a geography professor at Stockholm University. "We can see the climate changing before our eyes up here, and we need to do something about it.” The southern glacier at Kebnekaisie's summit is known to Swedes as their country's highest peak. But this year scientists discovered it had lost that title having shrunk by almost four metres.
Scientists have blamed a 10C increase in summer temperatures and wildfires burning across the Arctic

"i am revoking California’s Federal Waiver on emissions in order to produce far less expensive cars for the consumer, while at the same time making the cars substantially SAFER. This will lead to more production because of this pricing and safety advantage, and also due to the fact that older, highly polluting cars, will be replaced by new, extremely environmentally friendly cars. There will be very little difference in emissions between the California Standard and the new US Standard, but the cars will be far safer and much less expensive. Many more cars will be produced under the new and uniform standard, meaning significantly more JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! Automakers should seize this opportunity because without this alternative to California, you will be out of business." - Trump

i dont want you to listen to me. i want you to listen to the fucking scientists. And Greta!

Forum List

Back