Greece tells banking cartel STICK IT

you are simply wrong, it was all over the papers, including the WSJ. when a left-wing party whos name I cant remember probably PASOK, came to power after about 10 years of rt-wing NEW Democracy, THAT is when the debt was revealed.

I had this argument already with someone else on this board...yes PASOK perhaps had something to do with the run-up in debt some years ago. BUT it was the left that revealed debt hidden by the center-rt.

Dont try and change history

The main arguement of my post however is the mystery as to why Tsipras changed his mind.

"It is a puzzle why Tsipras would back away from the vote he called for.......you almost got to wonder if his life was threatened by these thug bankers.....or their tools in the the other European governments."

We've tried telling you the truth. I've posted links to the truth. I posted several in fact, from various news sources, including the BBC.

You are in fact wrong. Just flat out, you are wrong.

If you can't take the truth, then you have disqualified yourself from this debate.

Greece debt crisis How did we get here - CNN.com

In fact, most people agreed that Greece cooked it's books in 2002, while PASOK was still in power. But the real bomb shell hit in 2004, when New Democracy came to power, and did a review of the numbers, and found things were much worse than anyone suspected.

Now you have the option right here to decide whether you accept the reality that everyone who knows what was going on, all agree is the truth, or to instead prove yourself too incompetent to talk to on this forum.

Which is it?

I read in the WSJournal itself that it was the left wing that revealed the numbers...........you and your pal in lying probably cooked up wikipedia lies.......so no I dont believe you.

Then you are too incompetent to be debating here. Nothing else you say matter anymore.

Ill take the WSJ even with its idiot editorializers over you any day.

Nothing personal, but you have already disqualified yourself from the debate. You were given numerous sources to choose from, and simply gave excuses.

You are just not rational enough to debate with, when hard evidence is ignored by you. Good bye.

your wrong, the Nation just recently had an article outlining the whole thing. A Papandreau(sp?), leftest-establishment revealed the debt in 2009. I 've forgotten the details but Goldman Sachs came to them as I recall the article.

And the major point was WHY? Tsipras accepted a deal just 24 hours after his country rejected it in a vote he campaigned for a no on. .....I think a real possibility is that thugs in banking threatened his life....

The Nation article tells how Draghi himself was once Goldman-Sachs and had a part in the Greece rip-off, I believe.

We've tried telling you the truth. I've posted links to the truth. I posted several in fact, from various news sources, including the BBC.

You are in fact wrong. Just flat out, you are wrong.

If you can't take the truth, then you have disqualified yourself from this debate.

Greece debt crisis How did we get here - CNN.com

In fact, most people agreed that Greece cooked it's books in 2002, while PASOK was still in power. But the real bomb shell hit in 2004, when New Democracy came to power, and did a review of the numbers, and found things were much worse than anyone suspected.

Now you have the option right here to decide whether you accept the reality that everyone who knows what was going on, all agree is the truth, or to instead prove yourself too incompetent to talk to on this forum.

Which is it?

I read in the WSJournal itself that it was the left wing that revealed the numbers...........you and your pal in lying probably cooked up wikipedia lies.......so no I dont believe you.

Then you are too incompetent to be debating here. Nothing else you say matter anymore.

Nothing personal, but you have already disqualified yourself from the debate. You were given numerous sources to choose from, and simply gave excuses.

You are just not rational enough to debate with, when hard evidence is ignored by you. Good bye.

your wrong, the Nation just recently had an article outlining the whole thing. A Papandreau(sp?), leftest-establishment revealed the debt in 2009. I 've forgotten the details but Goldman Sachs came to them as I recall the article.

And the major point was WHY? Tsipras accepted a deal just 24 hours after his country rejected it in a vote he campaigned for a no on. .....I think a real possibility is that thugs in banking threatened his life....

The Nation article tells how Draghi himself was once Goldman-Sachs and had a part in the Greece rip-off, I believe.

Again........ we've already covered this.

Greece debt crisis timeline Business The Guardian

15 November 2004: Greece admits fudging euro entry
Close scrutiny of Greece's budget figures shows that the country has not actually met the conditions to join the eurozone. Greek government admits that its deficit has never been below 3% since 1999, as EU rules demand.​

This is now the 4th separate independent link to credible local and international sources, that Greece revealed all the fudged numbers back in 2004.

Papandreau was a PASOK left-winger.... but he didn't reveal anything we didn't already know back in 2004. In fact the whole reason the idiotic Greeks voted in PASOK again, was because the New Democracy in charge after 2004, cut spending to reign in the deficit.... which worked until the world recession hit in 2008.

Again, you already disqualified yourself over and over. You are not willing to admit universally known facts, that are documented and reported literally everywhere except in your tiny mythical world.

There's no point in us talking about anything else, because if you are just going to make up crap about when the fudged numbers were found, then you'll just make up all the rest of it too. You have disqualified yourself from the discussion.

Go back to your left-winger fairy tale world.

Tin-foil hat time.

Get yours now!!! ;Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

Tin-foil hat time.

Get yours now!!! ;Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

tee hee

Close scrutiny of Greece's budget figures shows that the country has not actually met the conditions to join the eurozone. Greek government admits that its deficit has never been below 3% since 1999, as EU rules demand.​

This is now the 4th separate independent link to credible local and international sources, that Greece revealed all the fudged numbers back in 2004.

Papandreau was a PASOK left-winger.... but he didn't reveal anything we didn't already know back in 2004. In fact the whole reason the idiotic Greeks voted in PASOK again, was because the New Democracy in charge after 2004, cut spending to reign in the deficit.... which worked until the world recession hit in 2008.

Again, you already disqualified yourself over and over. You are not willing to admit universally known facts, that are documented and reported literally everywhere except in your tiny mythical world.

There's no point in us talking about anything else, because if you are just going to make up crap about when the fudged numbers were found, then you'll just make up all the rest of it too. You have disqualified yourself from the discussion.

WEll I appreciate the left-center guardian link, I think the true exposure happened later.......perhaps what the Nation article said was referring to the uncovering of Goldman Sachs initiated gimmickry......perhaps it was even more debt revealed. IN the end its a minor point because as in the US the center left and center right are virtual twins.

its a message-board asshole, im not disqualified from it. But since that seems to be your sole arguement I disqualify you .

Again you have not given a plausible explanation for Tsipras's about face. I think it looks like he was threatened.

Last edited:

WEll I appreciate the left-center guardian link, I think the true exposure happened later.......perhaps what the Nation article said was referring to the uncovering of Goldman Sachs initiated gimmickry......perhaps it was even more debt revealed. IN the end its a minor point because as in the US the center left and center right are virtual twins.

its a message-board asshole, im not disqualified from it. But since that seems to be your sole arguement I disqualify you .

Again you have not given a plausible explanation for Tsipras's about face. I think it looks like he was threatened.
You probably think you're being threatened when your mother tells you she's cutting you off and to get a job.

You probably think you're being threatened when your mother tells you she's cutting you off and to get a job.

tee hee

Nah, you are only worth enough time to tell you that you are not credible anymore, which is why I'm not making any real attempt to respond to your posts.

No matter what anyone says about anything, you'll make up some lame excuse, as to why it's wrong, or doesn't matter, or it's biased or "..... well I think the true exposure happened later....".

When you can't accept even the most trivial of universally accepted facts... then everyone knows they are wasting their time with a disqualified individual.

Yes, it is an open forum. So open, you can openly show you are not worth debating with. And you can stay here posting drivel that we mock and ignore, for as long as you please. Just like I can respond to each of those posted drivel, with mocking amusement, just for my own personal enjoyment at your expenses..... right up to this very post.

PLease... continue.

...perhaps what the Nation article said was referring to the uncovering of Goldman Sachs initiated gimmickry... Again you have not given a plausible explanation for Tsipras's about face. I think it looks like he was threatened.

Speculating about G-S's "initiated gimmickry" and Tsipras's motivation may assuage your socialist butthurt but the truth is clear ... no matter how hard you try, that "Worker's Paradise" dream just doesn't work. Greece sold bonds to cover the shortfall between gov't spending and revenues and then TWICE needed BAILOUTS (2010, 2012), first to payoff the bondholders - who took a 50% principal haircut - then to repay the first BAILOUT. They are now at the end of BAILOUT #2 and they need BAILOUT #3 to pay for #2 and current expenses. Can you discern a pattern developing? Greeks desperately want to eat their cake and have it too (wouldn't we all) but adamantly refuse to create the economic engine to pay for it ... other than to demand her EZ partners pay for her party.

...perhaps what the Nation article said was referring to the uncovering of Goldman Sachs initiated gimmickry... Again you have not given a plausible explanation for Tsipras's about face. I think it looks like he was threatened.

Speculating about G-S's "initiated gimmickry" and Tsipras's motivation may assuage your socialist butthurt but the truth is clear ... no matter how hard you try, that "Worker's Paradise" dream just doesn't work. Greece sold bonds to cover the shortfall between gov't spending and revenues and then TWICE needed BAILOUTS (2010, 2012), first to payoff the bondholders - who took a 50% principal haircut - then to repay the first BAILOUT. They are now at the end of BAILOUT #2 and they need BAILOUT #3 to pay for #2 and current expenses. Can you discern a pattern developing? Greeks desperately want to eat their cake and have it too (wouldn't we all) but adamantly refuse to create the economic engine to pay for it ... other than to demand her EZ partners pay for her party.

First I've ever heard about bondholders taking a 50% haircut...I think you just made that up too, along with most of the rest of your history...........The first Papandreau as I understand it ran on somewhat of a leftist platform...but then reneged on all the promises he made..........PASOK should not be considered socialist.............and the supposed lessons you want to draw from the Greece financial situation are all false.

First I've ever heard about bondholders taking a 50% haircut...I think you just made that up too, along with most of the rest of your history...........The first Papandreau as I understand it ran on somewhat of a leftist platform...but then reneged on all the promises he made..........PASOK should not be considered socialist.............and the supposed lessons you want to draw from the Greece financial situation are all false.

In other words, you admit that you actually know nothing about this Greek Tragedy, are unable to do something as simple as looking it up, but are sure of your "evil banksters," eat-the-rich loony left silliness.
Why am I not surprised.
You should know that as early as January 2010 the Greek Ministry of Finance blamed 6 years of gov't overspending - not "evil banksters" - for their impending financial doom.
So here you go, Princess ... I'll do a little for you but you need to get down off your high and mighty socialist horse and learn something without my help:

"A year later (2011), a worsened recession along with a delayed implementation by the Greek government of the agreed conditions in the bailout programme revealed the need for Greece to receive a second bailout worth €130 billion (including a bank recapitalization package worth €48bn), while all private creditors holding Greek government bonds were required at the same time to sign a deal accepting extended maturities, lower interest rates, and a 53.5% face value loss."
Greek government-debt crisis - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

In fact, he is not allowed to accept universally known facts that reflect poorly on his anti-capitalist idiotology. To do so would be to admit that Greece is just the latest black eye for his thoroughly discredited "Worker's Paradise" dream.
Living off OPM clearly has limitations and the end is rarely pretty.

You are obviously far too ignorant on the topic at hand to participate. You don't need to admit it, but at least be mature about it and excuse yourself from this thread.

In other words, you admit that you actually know nothing about this Greek Tragedy, are unable to do something as simple as looking it up, but are sure of your "evil banksters," eat-the-rich loony left silliness.
Why am I not surprised.
You should know that as early as January 2010 the Greek Ministry of Finance blamed 6 years of gov't overspending - not "evil banksters" - for their impending financial doom.
So here you go, Princess ... I'll do a little for you but you need to get down off your high and mighty socialist horse and learn something without my help:

"A year later (2011), a worsened recession along with a delayed implementation by the Greek government of the agreed conditions in the bailout programme revealed the need for Greece to receive a second bailout worth €130 billion (including a bank recapitalization package worth €48bn), while all private creditors holding Greek government bonds were required at the same time to sign a deal accepting extended maturities, lower interest rates, and a 53.5% face value loss."

Like I said, despite all your pompous rhetoric. nothing in the Greek crisis proves you main point that socialist policies brought them to that point.....

I care not one wit what some finance minister said, he was most likely in cahoots with the scum banksters. ( a word I dont believe I previously used, which also shows your dishonesty)

You are obviously far too ignorant on the topic at hand to participate. You don't need to admit it, but at least be mature about it and excuse yourself from this thread.

your an idiot, even your juvenile asinine icon pic shows that

The monumental lack of knowledge Dcraelin displayed in that post was a tacit admission of ignorance so overwhelming that I fail to detect an ability to recognize (or admit) it.
Typical of a loony leftist.

Why am I not surprised.

Like I said, despite all your pompous rhetoric. nothing in the Greek crisis proves you main point that socialist policies brought them to that point.....

I care not one wit what some finance minister said, he was most likely in cahoots with the scum banksters. ( a word I dont believe I previously used, which also shows your dishonesty)

Jane, you ignorant slut! (Dan Akroyd, SNL)
That wasn't a statement from a Greek FM but rather the report findings of the Greek Finance Ministry.
You continue to comment on a subject in which you not only are monumentally ignorant but you adamantly refuse even to look at the facts. When recognizing the oncoming financial catastrophe the Greek Finance Ministry also recognized the need to improve competitiveness by reducing salaries and bureaucracy ... actions the gov't then ignored.

:lmao:
I'll not defend Meathead here but it is certain you do not recognize the obvious ironies in your statement so I'll explain. "Your" should be "You're" and for one such as you to refer to anyone as "idiot" is way too funny.

I'll not defend Meathead here but it is certain you do not recognize the obvious ironies in your statement so I'll explain. "Your" should be "You're" and for one such as you to refer to anyone as "idiot" is way too funny.

you are a good speller....I ll give you that...you should limit yourself to checking the spellings of posters.

your postings have a very familiar ring to an idiot's on here that I put on ignore, I suspect you are the same person.

you are a good speller....I ll give you that...you should limit yourself to checking the spellings of posters.

your postings have a very familiar ring to an idiot's on here that I put on ignore, I suspect you are the same person.

I knew I'd have to explain this.
It's not that you misuse the language, it's that you do so while referring to others as "idiot." Get it now? Before pointing at the splinter in another's eye please remove the idiot log from your own and while I'd hoped the links might encourage you to know something before you post, I had and still have my doubts. You just don't strike me as one who is comfortable going beyond what you think you know.

Forum List

Back