Greece just threatened to seize German assets over World War II

Poland was one of Czechoslovakia´s invaders. And Poland thought it was strong and would defeat the Wehrmacht easily.

Yes, Poland bit off a chunk of Czechoslovakia, but I can’t believe you say seriously about Poland and Germany. Poland was a pawn.
Just because the German army defeated Poland very quickly, that does not mean that Poland had a weak army. France, e.g., was considered the militarily most powerful nation in the world and they also were beaten very quickly. You can get basic info about Poland´s strength here:
Invasion of Poland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Poland was using horse cavalry versus tanks! What the hell do you mean they didn't have a weak army?
There is a link you can use to inform yourself about Poland´s 1939 army.
Thank you...I've read it before...

Greece has been a mess for many years....The only stability they had was under the Ottomans...
If you want to know the truth, the most stable period Greece had was from April 1967 to November 1973.
I was joking about how Greece at least had a stable enemy besides itself when the Turks ruled them...But the entire history of Greece is one of infighting and despising the people from it's different regions...

Poland was one of Czechoslovakia´s invaders. And Poland thought it was strong and would defeat the Wehrmacht easily.

Yes, Poland bit off a chunk of Czechoslovakia, but I can’t believe you say seriously about Poland and Germany. Poland was a pawn.
Just because the German army defeated Poland very quickly, that does not mean that Poland had a weak army. France, e.g., was considered the militarily most powerful nation in the world and they also were beaten very quickly. You can get basic info about Poland´s strength here:
Poland was using horse cavalry versus tanks! What the hell do you mean they didn't have a weak army?
Look, the German army in 1939 was a very effective fighting force, but don't gloat over a rural country which may never have come had it not been for your ally Stalin attacking Poland on a second front.

I know dummkopf means stupid head and is by no means strong enough to convey the degree of stupidity of your bragging.

Last edited:
To be fair, Germany forced Greece and other occupied countries to loan money to them, essentially emptying the Greek treasury. These loans were never paid back. The deal the U.S. made after the war, was that to be eligible to receive Marshall Plan money, countries had to renounce these debts. Greece never received near the amount owed them from Germany through the Marshall plan. Based on today's money, by some estimates Germany owes Greece more than Greece's total debt in today's money. So the Greeks may have a point.

Germany s Unpaid Debt to Greece Economist Albrecht Ritschl on WWII Reparations That Never Were

I agree. I think Germany owes about 25 billion dollars to Greece.

---

On Wednesday, Greek Justice Minister Nikos Paraskevopoulos said he was ready to allow the Greek government to seize German state-owned property to compensate the families of 218 Greeks killed during World War II. "I'm ready to sign," Paraskevopoulos said during an interview on Mega TV, according to the news agency Reuters, referring to a 2000 ruling that would allow him the confiscation.

70 years after Nazi massacres Greece threatens to seize German assets - The Washington Post
How much should we get for each German civilian killed by allied bombing in your opinion?

Deutschland hat einen brutalen, unehrenhaften, unmenschlichen Krieg vom Zaun gebrochen und bekam genau was es verdient hat. Also kannst Du mit dem unsinnigen Scheiß damit aufhören.

Greece has been a mess for many years....The only stability they had was under the Ottomans...
If you want to know the truth, the most stable period Greece had was from April 1967 to November 1973.
I was joking about how Greece at least had a stable enemy besides itself when the Turks ruled them...But the entire history of Greece is one of infighting and despising the people from it's different regions...
Bull, Greeks united against outside forces and among themselves regardless of region. You're thinking of the infighting of the Greek city-states over 2000 years ago

Don't talk about shit you have little or no idea of.

Bull, Greeks united against outside forces and among themselves regardless of region. You're thinking of the infighting of the Greek city-states in the Punic Wars over 2000 years ago

yes, the Brits just had to help then pull together after WWII....

Bull, Greeks united against outside forces and among themselves regardless of region. You're thinking of the infighting of the Greek city-states in the Punic Wars over 2000 years ago

yes, the Brits just had to help then pull together after WWII....
Ideological, not regional idiot. I am a Greek citizen and have lived there for 22 years and I can tell you there has never been an iota of regional antipathy.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

So? What about your argument, then? Do you think that Germany had no cavalry?

Look, the German army in 1939 was a very effective fighting force, but don't gloat over a rural country which may never have come had it not been for your ally Stalin attacking Poland on a second front.

I know dummkopf means stupid head and is by no means strong enough to convey the degree of stupidity of your bragging.
You say I am gloating? Show me, where I do. BTW: Stalin attacked when the war was already decided to ensure he gets a proper part of Poland.

You say I am gloating? Show me, where I do. BTW: Stalin attacked when the war was already decided to ensure he gets a proper part of Poland.
OK, then you're just being an asshole. Germany defeated an impoverished rural economy which was also attacked by the Soviets. On second thought your gloating and an asshole.

To be fair, Germany forced Greece and other occupied countries to loan money to them, essentially emptying the Greek treasury. These loans were never paid back. The deal the U.S. made after the war, was that to be eligible to receive Marshall Plan money, countries had to renounce these debts. Greece never received near the amount owed them from Germany through the Marshall plan. Based on today's money, by some estimates Germany owes Greece more than Greece's total debt in today's money. So the Greeks may have a point.

Germany s Unpaid Debt to Greece Economist Albrecht Ritschl on WWII Reparations That Never Were

---

On Wednesday, Greek Justice Minister Nikos Paraskevopoulos said he was ready to allow the Greek government to seize German state-owned property to compensate the families of 218 Greeks killed during World War II. "I'm ready to sign," Paraskevopoulos said during an interview on Mega TV, according to the news agency Reuters, referring to a 2000 ruling that would allow him the confiscation.

70 years after Nazi massacres Greece threatens to seize German assets - The Washington Post
How much should we get for each German civilian killed by allied bombing in your opinion?

Deutschland hat einen brutalen, unehrenhaften, unmenschlichen Krieg vom Zaun gebrochen und bekam genau was es verdient hat. Also kannst Du mit dem unsinnigen Scheiß damit aufhören.
If you think that those children, women and elderly deserved to burn in phosphorus, you must have a serious problem with your country´s history. Really serious, man. Is that the result of over-driven Vergangenheitsbewältigung?

Sure, they were not fully mechanized....

OK, then you're just being an asshole. Germany defeated an impoverished rural economy which was also attacked by the Soviets. On second thought your gloating and an asshole.
The polish army had German armament and French tanks. What´s your problem?

Sure, they were not fully mechanized....
Right. Germany´s strength was that - in contrast to the others - it overcame WWI tactics and used new tactics, instead. Tactics that payed tribute to the modern weaponry. And it had a superior air force. The Poles, on the other hand, had no clue about the strength of the Wehrmacht...

---

If you think that those children, women and elderly deserved to burn in phosphorus, you must have a serious problem with your country´s history. Really serious, man. Is that the result of over-driven Vergangenheitsbewältigung?

You are absolutely the last person in the world to be questioning this, you dirty fucking son of a bitch. In just one day, Germans killed 100,000 Belgians in Rotterdam, all of the civilians. ALL of them. The germans completely destroyed Rotterdam.

So, if Germany did not want to have civilian casualities, it should have never started the most horrible, most devastating war in our planet's history.

Und fick Dich ins Knie. Ich habe absolut keine Geduld für Neo-Nazis, nicht Mal für eine verfickte Sekunde.

My problem is your gloating over an ambush of a weak nation which you conscripted Russia to help you. France was a world power, but Poland, seriously?

Asshole!

You are absolutely the last person in the world to be questioning this, you dirty fucking son of a bitch. In just one day, Germans killed 100,000 Belgians in Rotterdam, all of the civilians. ALL of them. The germans completely destroyed Rotterdam.

So, if Germany did not want to have civilian casualities, it should have never started the most horrible, most devastating war in our planet's history.

Und fick Dich ins Knie. Ich habe absolut keine Geduld für Neo-Nazis, nicht Mal für eine verfickte Sekunde.
Now how the fuck did Germany kill 100,000 Belgians in Rotterdam, civilians too? You're a God damned idiot. Rotterdam in the the Netherlands.

I've had it with idiots!

My problem is your gloating over an ambush of a weak nation which you conscripted Russia to help you. France was a world power, but Poland, seriously?

Asshole!
That wasn´t an ambush. The Polish army was fully mobilized and prepared...

---

You are very insulting. Suddenly, something must have happened to you. I don´t know what it is, but it is too serious to discuss this topic. So calm down or verpiss dich.

As for your 100.000 claim, it has never been claimed:
"One Report Puts Rotterdam Deaths at 300, But Dutch Assert 100,000 May Have Died"
WHKMLA German manipulation of terror in the Western Front 1914 and 1940

I guess, it is 300.
And again, killing civilians is not an answer to anything.

We are tying to discuss facts here, not ideologies. Don´t confuse that.

Forum List

Back