Greatest Playoff Record by QB

Drew Brees didnt have a weak arm, and he wasnt slow compared to Bart Starr, his mobility was average for his era, not in comparison to the 1950-60's. Also Brees was the exception not the rule. For every undersized QB who made it I can name 100 who didnt.

Vince Young was never a NFL level QB. His problem was that he was so big and athletic he never had to learn how to actually play the position. He was just bigger, and more athletic than 90% of the players he faced through and including in college.

In half of Bart Starr's seasons he had more INT's than TD's. BTW Starr and Young's career completion rate is the same, and their passer rating is only a couple points different both almost 20 points behind Brady.

So is Vince Young an all time great?

You could rough up receivers and literal do anything to prevent a reception back in the 50's & 60's! It was brutal out there compared to the "kid-glove" treatment receivers get these days! Don't get me started on QB's! Give it time and I promise their uniforms will look more like a cheerleading costume in a decade or so! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::dev3:

You could rough up receivers and literal do anything to prevent a reception back in the 50's & 60's! It was brutal out there compared to the "kid-glove" treatment receivers get these days! Don't get me started on QB's! Give it time and I promise their uniforms will look more like a cheerleading costume in a decade or so! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::dev3:
You’re tracking that the WRs in todays game are nearly as big as the lineman back then right? They are also way faster than the WRs. The DBs might want to rough them up but want to ans able to are 2 different things.

You’re tracking that the WRs in todays game are nearly as big as the lineman back then right? They are also way faster than the WRs. The DBs might want to rough them up but want to ans able to are 2 different things.

Back in the 50s and 60s there was no showboating by receivers celebrating how great they are or whining about pass interference

If they did, they would have their heads ripped off next time they jumped up to catch a pass or ran a route across the middle.

Back in the 50s and 60s there was no showboating by receivers celebrating how great they are or whining about pass interference

If they did, they would have their heads ripped off next time they jumped up to catch a pass or ran a route across the middle.
No doubt it was a different game in 1960 than 2020 both from a rules perspective as well as offensive and defensive scheme philosophy and complexity.

With penalties, they're trying to stop it! I remember when Emmitt Smith would rip off his helmut after scoring a TD to make it all about him rather than the team! He forced the league's hand in eliminating that practice! The showboating can be stopped, making these a-holes act more mature rather than children! :stir: :rolleyes::dev3:

With penalties, they're trying to stop it! I remember when Emmitt Smith would rip off his helmut after scoring a TD to make it all about him rather than the team! He forced the league's hand in eliminating that practice! The showboating can be stopped, making these a-holes act more mature rather than children! :stir: :rolleyes::dev3:

The worst is…

Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s all take a minute while we watch a team celebrate their touchdown with a little dance

I still remember Starr coaching the Packers back in the 80's! Very humble & unassuming man! A good guy! ;)
I had the opportunity to meat Mr. Starr at a golf event in my hometown. I was just in my teens golfing with my dad and talked with Mr. Starr later in the clubhouse. What a humble and kind man he was.

He never was accused of cheating nor played for personal adulation.
Uh ceflategzte where he lied about the balls being deflated,that was why he was suspended for four games,having a deflated ball enhances the receivers chances of catching it.i respected him till then,it was always just his coach that was the cheater,illegally taping games all the time but he taught brady to lie and cheat same as him.they have disgraced the sport of football far worse than anything the black Sox ever did.same as Barry bonds,had to cheat to achieve greatness and set records,bonds has disgraced baseball and shady brady and belicheat have disgraced the sport of football.

At least my opinion is based on something objective. Yours is based on "he was a nice guy" which by the way is completely subjective.
Your opinion is just that. You never played or scouted in the NFL so it is not an objective comment.

• During Joe Montana’s career with the San Francisco 49ers, Montana started and won four Super Bowls (1982, 1985, 1989, 1990) and was the first player ever to have been named Super Bowl Most Valuable Player three times.
Never a fan of the Popularity awards bestowed by a bunch of drunken Press fools...........like the MLB HOF or other. But Montana taking SF over DAL in 81 playoffs and over CIN in the SB started a pretty good run by a QB who could actually MOVE around and knew when to do it. He is one of the best of all time IMVHO.

Uh ceflategzte where he lied about the balls being deflated,that was why he was suspended for four games,having a deflated ball enhances the receivers chances of catching it.i respected him till then,it was always just his coach that was the cheater,illegally taping games all the time but he taught brady to lie and cheat same as him.they have disgraced the sport of football far worse than anything the black Sox ever did.same as Barry bonds,had to cheat to achieve greatness and set records,bonds has disgraced baseball and shady brady and belicheat have disgraced the sport of football.
That is WHY the entire stadium in his OWN hometown booed him because of his lying and cheating with deflate gate and yiu are really out of the loop also unaware many former NFL players have said he is a cheater,try to keep up. :abgg2q.jpg: When you got former nfl players calling you a cheater,that’s pretty bad.:abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back