Greatest Jazz Album of All-Time

Foul Owl

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2023
Name, in your opinion, the greatest jazz album of all-time. Name a few if you like.

Me? 'Bitches Brew' by Miles Davis. Such a phenomenal and experimental piece of work. Pure masterpiece. 'Kind of Blue' is considered Davis' greatest but I love the creativity in 'Bitches Brew.'

Bitches_brew.jpg

Name, in your opinion, the greatest jazz album of all-time. Name a few if you like.

Me? 'Bitches Brew' by Miles Davis. Such a phenomenal and experimental piece of work. Pure masterpiece. 'Kind of Blue' is considered Davis' greatest but I love the creativity in 'Bitches Brew.'

Bitches_brew.jpg
When I saw the title of the thread, this was the first that came to mind.

Bitches_brew.jpg
Through the early years to present, jazz has many styles, so it's really hard to say what is the best, let alone the greatest. Take your pick from Swing, Bebob, Traditional, Fusion, Dixey, Ragtime, etc.

Listen to this on an SACD player...

Last edited:
Ring Ring by Abba 1973 completely remoulded modern jazz .
Herbie Hancock has it as his number one .
Seminal .

Bitches_brew.jpg
I still think Coltrane doing Favorite Things is something descending from Heaven

Actually also have Coltrane and Miles right at the top .
But none of you pitch for some of the incredible big band sounds or from my favourite sector -- piano jazz giants , perhaps headed by Errol, Thelonius and Oscar -- depending on mood ..

Forum List

Back